Superbud and H202

hi all

read this comment on the old cached overgrow

"superbud - all normal nutes and additives can be used with it all except peroxide-based products!"

Question 1 - is this correct? (my understanding was that H202 i.e. hydrogen peroxide such as oxyplus, should not be used with any oranic supplements. I thought superbud wasn't organic)

Questions 2 - if this is correct, would it equally apply to other similar flowering enhancing hormones such as sudden impact, rockjuice, quick turn etc (ie paclo based products) or is it only 'superbud'

Thanks

found some more info on this issue over at OG

on a superbud thread

"next up we have products that I would advise you not to use with superbud, I spoke to Dutch masters about this and they said peroxide-based products! Such as H202 and PK13/14 will cause your buds to be ready before the THC is built up, This will cause stress and bud rot, even if you are using Silicon. Apparently the Build up of superbud held within the plants will solidify and plant will either never correctly finish or the superbud will only be 30% to 50% , some people will say that they use PK and H202 with superbud and that it has had no affects on them. fine I have never used them with superbud as I was advised not to, if some one ells tells you that it will be ok then it is a choice that you have to make im only giving you the warning that I have been given."

ive used superbud for ages but just started using h202 recently. so im concerned it might be a bad combination

im not sure about his inclusion of pk 13/14 as a peroxide based product. as far as im aware its just potassium and phosphorous and therefore just a nutrient right?

PK gives a boost on top of these hormones if you under do the pk yield is lower buds dont seem to have that last explosion of new pistles and small new clusters growing from sides. I use a lot of friendly bac so peroxide is only for cleaning in my grow , your right about the pk but it is still a nute and can be used as a top up later in flower but no real need now that canna sell indervidual N P and K so we all can tailor our nutes to each strain .

maby they do but i found the opposite PK slightly slows maturation by aweek when used for entire flower but very chunky with little leaf, compared to last grow where i followed instructions on time but used alot more than recomended over one week i did get a huge increase in bud more than ever but more leaf and when dry the buds were fluffier and not as hard as current grow. next grow going to wait til fifth week hit them hard for a week see how it goes but could go two weeks followed by flush

((((( now that canna sell indervidual N P and K so we all can tailor our nutes to each strain . )))))

General hydroponics Flora has basicly been doing this for years that why its been such a good nutrient , manipulating the feed is a great way to go , but to really nail it you would need to do tissue analisis weekly to find out what and how much is your strain is using of each element within your room environtment , many years ago we had a fella that had the means to do this and things looked good but he got the sack and we only had a 2 tests done , nowhere near enough to get a reference from , Ive never used Canna , been happy with GHF , it was just interesting you saying they only just started to do it .

Rod

these are a few quotes i found on various other forums re using SB with peroxide and pk 13/14

i can confirm that the 'old' superbud instructions from DM stated - do not use with hydrogen peroxide. but im not sure about the pk 13/14?

must admit though, ive never had 'mold' with SB. if thats what there worried about.

thc - do u use h202 with your PGRs?

"DO NOT USE WITH PEROXIDE-BASED PRODUCTS (such as Oxy Blast!).

It can be used in conjunction with any other enhancers & nutrients you are currently using on your plants.

Other things to note when using SuperBud...

Do not use any peroxide based product in conjuction with SB - eg Oxyplus

Now, whats wrong with peroxide?

grredo

Oct 28 2003, 12:12 PM

The superbud instructions say not to use it at the same time as superbud. I guess it reacts badly with it or somthing.

OMH & Everyone - I have checked with the manufacturer - You can use boost products (PK13/14 / Ionic Boost / Dutch Masters Max etc ) with SB.

defff dont use PK13/14 when usng superbud! its is a proxide based products and like oxy-plus, superbuded bud dont like it as they are organic and it will rot your buds inside out:eek:

yea deffo dont use oxy+ or any peroxide based food when using Superbud, and thats all the way through. and as pepe said thats PK13/14 too.

DON'T USE HYDRONGEN PEROXIDE IN CONJUNUTION WITH SUPERBUD!!!IT NULLIFIES THE EFFECT."

Thanks alot Roadblock havnt tried ithem yet maby need more info my BB strain likes regular Pk ontop of usual nutes to remain a bright darker green havnt tried GH store does not sell due to bad sales but is one of the best also havnt tried but a mate has with good results. The only analising they will recieve is from my lungs .Keepleft i dont think there is any peroxide i cannas PK as it would kill there zym/tricoderma and anything else (not so good) i wouldnt use peroxide in my grow ever knowingly anyway its a steriliser only. Your last post has confused me a bit but am tired so c ya later and find out if you want as im pretty sure but not 100%

mate it confused me too!

i can tell you that i used superbud for 10 days in my current grow. i flushed it then started addeing h202 to the nutes. that was about 13 days ago. and they look awesome. fluffy buds and growing well, the use of h202 after flushing the superbud doesnt seem to have affected them negatively. maybe its using the h202 while the SB is in the system which is the problem? after 10 days when the superbud is removed/flushed its already done what its supposed to do. i know its systemic but i dont think it does much after being flushed from the nutes. from the additional research ive done, apparently there are some 'organic' ingredients in superbud which are destroyed by the h202.

re the pk13/14, i cant see how it can be a peroxide based product. can anyone confirm that it only contains potassium and phosphorous? I added it 2 days ago anyway, i have used it before with Sudden Impact Yield Master (similar to superbud) and it didnt cause me any problems. yield was still consistent.

Edited by keepleft