NUTES- VALUE FOR MONEY

Guest sabator

. Add Bud is made by the same mob that makes my nutrients and has increased my yields, hard to pin down the increase (4 or 5 dry oz per crop at a guess) but I would say it's well worth the $21.95 I pay for it.

That is a crazy claim, and makes me reconsider everything I've ever said before about nutrients. I think I will definately go buy me a bottle of that stuff.

Here I was thinking it was just experience that was holding me back from the extra 4oz you get per 400w. :rolleyes:.

Do you know what is in these additives?

Guest weekprik
I hope these people spending 100's of dollars on 1ltr of chemicals have already got CO2 running, and are looking for further ways to increase crop yield. Personally I would spend that money on a big fat yielding strain if I wanted to increase my yields.

Co2 is a waste of money and time, yes it makes them grow faster and bigger, but ONLY in the veg phase, the final result is the same amount of bud in a little bit faster time, but if you want a faster harvest just make the dark period longer.

I had mates that used co2 and now they dont, they reakon it just doesnt do what its spose too,

The guy at the hydro shop said the same thing, he said he tries everything in his shop on his grows to see what they are like and he was given a C02 system to try, he said yeah bloody fast veg and grow but it still didnt increase the actual amount of finished product.

This came up cause i wanted to buy a C02 system, he talked me out of it, but said he would sell me it iff i want at cost price,

Why would he talk me outta buying it? it doesnt work!

My first indoor grow i have used potash and nutes only, but the buds are the biggest this strain has ever produced. almost as fat as a 2 litre coke bottle. :rolleyes:

I hope these people spending 100's of dollars on 1ltr of chemicals have already got CO2 running, and are looking for further ways to increase crop yield. Personally I would spend that money on a big fat yielding strain if I wanted to increase my yields.

Co2 is a waste of money and time, yes it makes them grow faster and bigger, but ONLY in the veg phase, the final result is the same amount of bud in a little bit faster time, but if you want a faster harvest just make the dark period longer.

I had mates that used co2 and now they dont, they reakon it just doesnt do what its spose too,

The guy at the hydro shop said the same thing, he said he tries everything in his shop on his grows to see what they are like and he was given a C02 system to try, he said yeah bloody fast veg and grow but it still didnt increase the actual amount of finished product.

This came up cause i wanted to buy a C02 system, he talked me out of it, but said he would sell me it iff i want at cost price,

Why would he talk me outta buying it? it doesnt work!

My first indoor grow i have used potash and nutes only, but the buds are the biggest this strain has ever produced. almost as fat as a 2 litre coke bottle. :rolleyes:

most people use CO2 ONLY for flowering mate.

In my personal experience CO2 gave me my biggest crop, and it was almost 4 years ago when I was pretty much still a newbie, and I only used it in the flowering period. CO2 is real , its a fact that plants grow faster and yield more with higher levels of CO2, all plants, its not some stoner myth that comes with a cheesy name like "resin-pounder". Its a scientific fact. They use it on all kinds of plants in commercial greenhouses.

And also weekprik, try this 10hrs of light or whatever, its a fucking old dead myth, It'll fuck your yield and fuck with the potency. CO2 should be used from the start of flowering till flushing time.

I dont use it now cos I dont have gasbottles, but this CO2 generator thingy, and the shit that you use to run it costs a shitload, it was a fucking scam.

Its harder to use CO2 in cupboard growing in warmer climates because you need that much constant airflow to keep your cupboard cool that your CO2 levels don't increase by that much. Maybe this is where your mates went wrong weekprik? How long did they grow with CO2 before they decided it was a waste of time, did they do side by side comparisons with the same setups and same strain?

Also just because someone owns a hydro store and grows pot doesn't mean they know shit necessarily. I grow pot, and could open a hydro store tomorrow, and still wouldn't know anything more about growing than most. I heard a hydro store attendant tell someone that you can't grow under fluoros, and he didn't even know what a bubbler was. I've been discouraged from buying a CO2 gas bottle setup from a hydro store (I wasn't really interesting in buying, just asking some questions) this is a common technique to switched on sellers. Instantly the customers think they are honest and will come back for future purchases.

I'd take the advice of the growers from this site over a hydro store guy any day.

and WC, these additives sound expensive, but when you look at the dosages you need they last for ages. For example I bought a 1 litre bottle of PK13-14 for about $40 I think. This will last me easily for over 20 grows, so its really not that expensive over the usage period, even if you're paying $200 a bottle. Thats why they can get away with charging so much I guess, probably costs them $10 a bottle to produce :rolleyes: Anyone want to go partners in the hydro nutes business? :wacko:

Guest weekprik
And also weekprik, try this 10hrs of light or whatever, its a fucking old dead myth, It'll fuck your yield and fuck with the potency. CO2 should be used from the start of flowering till flushing time.

So what you guys are syaing is that hydro guy and my mates dont know what they are talking about, I accept that and wonder if you guys that have used it have done these comparisons???

also I run my dark period 13/11 simply because ive read 12/12 is really just the minimum dark, and that the plant does most of its work in the dark, which if thats true will mean a faster finish??

Guest GrowMad

Yeah but shortening your dark period may increase the flowering time overall, but u will end up will thin buds. If you want your buds to be more compact, from what I can gather, is to have a 12/12 light cycle throughout and let the buds grow a little longer so they can be as compact as possible.

Maybe in the last few weeks of flower the light can be changed back to maybe 10/14 or so.. but i'm not sure of this...

So what you guys are syaing is that hydro guy and my mates dont know what they are talking about, I accept that and wonder if you guys that have used it have done these comparisons???

also I run my dark period 13/11 simply because ive read 12/12 is really just the minimum dark, and that the plant does most of its work in the dark, which if thats true will mean a faster finish??

well I'm not saying they don't know what they are talking about, just that some of their opinions may be questionable. Point is MJ is an easy plant to grow, so you can still have far from optimal conditions in a lot of areas and still grow lots of great bud. So just because someone is getting good results doesn't mean everything they say is 100% correct.

Personally I just weigh up opinions based on the reasoning people give and how many people are saying it. Now in the case of CO2, there is almost universal acceptance among growers that it helps yields, so when you post that your mate reckons its a total waste then obviously thats something to be questioned. Maybe in a small, continiously ventilated space it is a waste, but maybe if you rig up an airconditioner or grow in winter where you can co-ordinate your ventilation with your CO2 system, it has great benefits.

Guest weekprik

I wouldnt mind trying it for myself, I believe nothing until ive proven it for myself :rolleyes:

Hey can I use the c02 bottle that i have for my bar (ya know for pouring)?

Guest weekprik

I use amsterdam indoors, DM potash, and DM max(original1partbottle),

and thats it, Ive had an acceptable size so far and its pretty cheap,

if anyone has any suggestions Iam open.

Hey pipe u were talking about the uses u get outta a additive bottle. THis is the only reason i picked up superbud ;-)

the bottle costs 150$ and i will get 6 grow outta it so 25 $ for a supposedly 30% increase..... ONly time will tell....

After this crop i ahve been given permission to construct 3 proper rooms.... 1 veg/mother 2 flower... I would be very interested in doing a C02 side by side compairson in one of the rooms.

Hey White Cluster approx how much dough am i looking at spending mate?? Cause i ahve no freacking idea ;-) Also can Co2 have any negative effects on humans in confined spaces?

nimer