NUTES- VALUE FOR MONEY

Guest sabator

I use Growrite for veg, mixed to manufactures recommendations, Budrite for flower with Add Budd as the booster, I have also tried Monster Bud and although it gave me larger heads they were very loose, to be fair I had not used their grow nutrients though. Add Bud is made by the same mob that makes my nutrients and has increased my yields, hard to pin down the increase (4 or 5 dry oz per crop at a guess) but I would say it's well worth the $21.95 I pay for it.

Have you ever tryed experimenting

Since I started growing, come to think of it that was an experiment too.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

Guest Field_of_Light

I was going to start a new thread for this but decided it could go here as well....

Sometimes simplest is is best....

I have used multiple different nutrient brands for growing over the years and relatively recently decided to go to the local fertiliser place and check out what they had....

I ended up buying their own A powder and B powder

I mixed em up in warm water...added em to my water and mixed it all through and BAM BAM BAM....my babies rocketed away like they have done with all the other nutrients I have found to be very good....

Im still not game enuff to try the same for flowering but for growing this stuff cost me 20$ and will make 3000 litres of properly mixed nutrient water....so if Im making 200L at a time this is a hell of a lot cheaper than 44$ for 5L of A and 5L B nutrient mixed at a rate of 40mls per 10 litres

Although I am interested when I can at a later stage try some chemicals like the canna pk13/14...if I could find somewhere that sells it for flowering

Just my two cents guys and gals.....

Guest weekprik

I found my mix produces a monster yeild compared to using nothing but a+b,

I use Amsterdam Indoors or extreame A+B,

Dutch master max- Helps keep the plant green,

Potash- adds weight and size to the buds,

oxyplus- for healthy roots etc and oxygen,

other than that, Its a personal thing and it depends on the combination of chems,

eg- using mosterbud with Oxyplus is a waste of money, they cancel each other out.

I like the look of superbud and once the reports of you guys using it start coming in I will think about it further,

However when talking to the hydro shop they showed me this 4 part additive that is spose to make DM superbud look like water,

Its called Sudden Impact, and is $220-00 per pack and theres only little bottles in the kit, like 50mls or something.

How do you guys flush at the end of your grow? I read 2 weeks straight water is best, but how do I know when to start the 2 weeks if i dont know how long the strain takes?? do i start when the trichromes go milky or still clear??

also I brought this stuff thats a flush, that is you add it a couple of days before the harvest and it apparently gives it a flavor in my case strawberry, but it takes ALL the nutrients out of the plant, anyone give me feedback on these flushes??

Edited by weekprik

Guest Urbanhog
How do you guys flush at the end of your grow? I read 2 weeks straight water is best, but how do I know when to start the 2 weeks if i dont know how long the strain takes?? do i start when the trichromes go milky or still clear??

also I brought this stuff thats a flush, that is you add it a couple of days before the harvest and it apparently gives it a flavor in my case strawberry, but it takes ALL the nutrients out of the plant, anyone give me feedback on these flushes??

Maybe just a suggestion... maybe you could start a new post on flushing? because I can image a lot of people will be asking that in the future, and I can image if I was looking for information on flushing, I don't think I will think that this question might be in the "NUTES- VALUE FOR MONEY" post? So it will be easier for future members looking for information in the future?

Only a suggestion thats all.

Cheers,

Urbie :P

I think it sounds like a scam myself, I can't see how a smell can travel through the plant tissue and get to the buds. It just sounds like people trying to make money off the "if I put coke in my resevoir will the buds taste like coke?" question we get so much here.

There is heaps of products out there that do fucking nothing at all, la femme, sensa soak. All a load of crap. I'd only test say 1 plant with the shit.

Another thing, just cos something smells good don't mean its gonna taste good when it is smoked

As for flushing, just make some assumptions, what strains are you growing?? I could give you a good guess, I have grown many strains and the cannabis genepool isn't really that varied, most indoor strains finish between 55 and 70 days though.

with most indica I would start flushing at 6 1/2 weeks or so, cos even if they take a bit longer 3 weeks or so flushing has no bad effect on the plant.

Have a look at your plant though, most plants slow down on bud growth and the calyx's get fatter when its time to flush, but other plants, don't seem to stop putting on weight at all.

Guest Field_of_Light

week.....it u want heaps tasty buds stay away from superbud.....

suden impact here is 190$...SA...i asked one of the importers about it and they couldnt really say why it was better than superbud....they just said it was

White Cluster...what nutes do you use?

White Cluster...what nutes do you use?

just plain Canna, no additives. Its not a real preference, many nutes work well and many are shit. But canna is just there and its good and kinda guaranteed to grow a good bud. There are so many more important factors in growing a plant and I dont think Nutrients is that big of an issue, when I have the perfect room and grow method, I will start to worry about nutes a bit more.

But in my experience so far (no side by side comparisons or nothing) I have seen very little difference between most cannabis specific nutrients. One thing i like about Canna is the fact it don't stain so bad.

I hope these people spending 100's of dollars on 1ltr of chemicals have already got CO2 running, and are looking for further ways to increase crop yield. Personally I would spend that money on a big fat yielding strain if I wanted to increase my yields.

@ Weekprik, I'd go around 40 days or so. They will all be ready in the 50 to 65 day mark I say. and its better to flush early than late.