Cool Tubes

Yeah i see what ya's mean about possibly losing light down the ducting. Which make me think i might make up a bracket to get the bulb more central to the clear tubing. That is definately a fault with most of em that i have seen. A twin 900mm job would be nice, but i'm tryin' to keep me power bill down, as i'll have the 600w in a flowering room and a 400w running in a veg cabinet. me handbrake will spit chips when the first power bill comes in, :thumbsup:. :applause:

ive had my HAP cool tubes up for a couple of days now running them inline 250mm centrifugal can touch the glass all day theres only one hot spot on the glass that cant be touched for to long thats about 50-60mm square right below the filament ive just used a home made reflector these do need external reflectors to spred the light the internal bubble alloy reflectors would only be good for small areas like a wardrobe or something simular room temps stay as cool as outdoor temps

hey gazza totally agree with you the tubes rock.

i have 4 set up in a square with 1000w hps in each. 200mm centrifugal pulling and 2 x 150mm axials pushing. i also have a 250mm centri for the room and a 300mm axial intake and effectively the room temp = out door temp. my lights are on during the day though so i cant get em closer than 30cm to the tube, but normally they would be 60cm without the tubes

BUT, biggest suprise, is that i tested the light output today with a digital light meter and compare it to the light output from my adjustashades, same globes etc. WELL the cooltubes light output was 15% more @ 30 cm from the tube. i do have the external 2 inch reflectors connected. it seems that the light reflection is better than the adjustashades....

with brand new 1000w hps osram son-t euro globes light output is

cool tube @ 30cm - 35,000 lux

adjustashade @ 30 cm - 30000 lux

another thing i found which amazed me is i tested the light output on some nearly 3 yr old osram 1000w hps son-t globes and they were only 10 - 15% less than the new ones! goes to show that people may be replacing hps globes prematurely....

im currently using the internal shades with the small external wings attached, they seem to be working very very well.

each tube covers a 1.1mt square area quite well, and the buds on the sides are no smaller than the buds directly under the tube.

however, i am thinking of trying to rig them up under the adjustashade and remove the internal reflector as that does sound like a good idea