Cool Tubes

hey pipeman

re the cool tubes... have you spoken to hydro aqaua pet?

when i was in there a couple of months ago, he showed me one they had. he said they were getting them made locally. i can't remember the price they had on them but i think, from memory, it was reasonable.

hth

:peace:

thanks for that jag I'm not in Sydney but if I don't have any luck elsewhere I might give them a go.

If anyone has a link to Gazza's tutorial it would be much appreciated :peace:

Also I want to make sure mine is glass. I gather some people are making them from perspex which I think is not as good, both because the perspex won't last as long (eventually goes cloudy) and also if your fan fails and the tube heats up I don't want melting perspex in my growbox. If I'm lucky it'll just ruin the grow, if I'm unlucky the house will burn down. :peace:

Guest niall
yeah and what is the tube made from and where can you get the stuff? cheers. :peace:

Borosilicate tubing, you can pick up pretty much any size diamater tubing from Schott Australia and other boro suppliers. Just find a local lampworker and get them to cut them to size, standard 1.5m length of 150mm diamater 5mm thick tubing is about $430 not including delivery (3mm is $260). So what.. 4-5 lengths... yeah $100 sounds reasonable if it's the thick stuff but I'm sure 3mm would be fine.