Cool Tubes

make sure u use the propper size cool tube for the lamp as pictured few pages back i ran 600's in the large coolies well one crack and burn out a bulb i'd say they were running far to cold using the centrufugal fan they were running perfectly fine on hotter days as the glass was hot to touch but u could keep your hand on the glass after a couple of cool days hit these glass tubes ran so cool your seriously could stick a ice cube on the glass without it melting quickly the first coolie inline to get the cold air cracked the second one would have been slightly warmer from the #1 so it ran fine for now im giving up on cool tubes might use one later on but need to get the correct size for my lamps

150mm x 400mm - no reflector $120

120mm x 400mm - no reflector $95

150mm x 400mm - ext reflector $145

150mm x 400mm - int reflector $135

150mm x 800mm - double lamps - no reflector $140

fuckin amazing how they get greedy when they know theres a market for something :peace: those 150 coolies i picked up from them for $90 each

hey WF when i first purchased my 4, i installed them and 20mins later i heard a crack. well one of the glass tubes cracked pretty bad. to be honest the glass doesnt seem to strong imo. well the retailed was happy to take it back and replace it. its now been almost 6 weeks and all 4 are running great with no cracks etc. im using 1000hps globes which generate a lot of heat, so if they can handle these globes they will handle 600's no probs.

the cracks seem to be common and not repairable or trust worthy if repaired :peace:

hey luke re dropping in some MH thats the plan next grow. im going to drop in the MH withought the cooltubes. seems best option. in fact, could do with the extra heat as the tubes work so well that at night it gets a bit low.

btw guys, found out yesterday that the next batch thats coming in will also have 8 inch as well as 6 inch. so probably more suited for the 1000's and maybe even the MH's as well.

gazza thats a weird one how your bulb cracked! i was concerned when the tube cracked that maybe they were cheap chinese crap, but happy that there now doing well.

one problem im finding is alot of dust accummulating in the tube, i have 2 stockings over the inlet duct to help with debri but might need to wipe em out every 3 months of so too keep the dust down.

hi mate when u say the spigot moved, do you mean it separated from the glass? they are made in china remember!!!!!

i might just duct tape that section as a precaution then

i guess cause im running 1000w hps in mine they generate alot more heat so the glass does get warm. will keep a look out for cracks! might hold off getting anymore for a month or so just to see if any other problems arise.....

hehe, the old sikaflex. Pretty bloody universal stuff that. Not cheap, but you get what ya pay for. lol

There's also another silicon type stuff i used a couple of years ago to re-stick the inner glass back onto my oven door. It's pretty good stuff as well still flexible and seems extremely heat resistant, next time i remember to look i'll try and find out the name of it, i still got the tube floating around in my shed somewhere.

:peace:

its hard to say when the cool tube is mounted by the 4 points horozontal the top of the spigot buts up against the glass but the bottom of the spigot moves out about 2-3mm as theres a little bit of play between the spigot and glass thats why theres so much glue and 90% of that glue isnt even touching the glass lol if its a big problem for u or your worried about it go to a fishing tackle shop and buy some wire trace and a few of those metal crimps than wire the mounting hooks together along side the glass this will stop the end spigots from sliding off