Best place to buy LEDs in Aus?

I am far to stoned to read that much lol

Man just do a grow diary like all the  other members .

You still sound like a sales man just trying to baffle us with bullshit .

People want the practical side run,not theory ! A diary run here from start to finish .

Then people may listen and read your in depth essay :protest 

Edited by Badseed77

Light Emitting Plasma is a far superior light  to LED's and is newer technology, it is also closer to Natural sunlight than ANY lighting available to growers, due to it being plasma, which is the same type of energy the sun is churning out , some of which we get as light.

A 300w Gavita LEP will kick arse on any of ya panels to equivilent power size. I have been quiet until now,watching you rant on and on.... but to be honest most of us are looking way beyond your outdated LED's.

You all seem to think we are somehow slow.... and you are enlightened, like most self professed scientists.... but we reward results here, not words.

Reverse engineering other peoples work is what wankers do that steal others intellectual property.............

At least Frank reynolds has plants on this site.......in a diary.... for all to see...... :whistle:

No Peace for You. Nibbler

No nibbler,

I think your slow, and i think i know alot more than you, which is evident in alot of the things ive read that youve posted. Here let me help you, ill pick 2 things out of what you just wrote, 

1. you think some bozo who lives in australia, who submits their own illegal personal grow to an australian forum, under aussie law. Thought rule number 1 was loose lips sink ships, well i dont know about you, but putting shit all over a, in the grand scheme of the internet, local site, is famous last words for getting busted. Just need 1 grumpy fed on a warpath and your fucked. You think that some disclaimer on the website somehow makes you safe.... 

2. reverse engineering is a gift that i possess and you probly dont, just because i can reproduce items of equally high standard/performance for a fraction of the cost, and have the pride of doing it myself, not to mention is lasts foreve, if i built it, i can fix it yeah?? So im sorry if you think that "your idea" is "your idea", i dont give 2 fucks who owns the idea, if it makes my life easier, ill use it. Nice to see you overcomplicating/over spending simple items.

So youve never seen antying, thought thats awsome, ill make myself one of them? are you fucked in the head?

Thanks for linking the next evolution in LED lighting, although its nice the way you present it, proudly that you found something that superceded LED, problem is, i could buy 2 x Aston Martin Vanquish and a JET for the price to grow and set up those lights.

but no seriosuly Nibbler, i think your a downie, and i have for a long time. i think alot of other people do aswell, want me to link you to posts where people tell you to keep yuour opinions to yourself becasuse no one cares?

Its like youve presented plasma, which is SOOOOO unviable right now, as a replacemt for LED. which it wont be viable for at least 5 years. then offered me the excuse that some guy knows what hes doing because he put pictures of his illegal grow on the internet.

i have no interest in publishing my "behind closed doors" business, so many people get busted and wonder why, they were so careful, when they posted their grows all over the internet.

Im not going to even get tinto the privacy and security of an apache web server, bottom line is, if you post something, you leave a bread crumb behind, its VERY identifiable, with your HIWD mac ID platform etc etc, but let me put it this way, its easer for the law to extract your IP from this website, no warrant needed as its a public forum and this info is left behind, then it is to get a warrant. then they sit around and watch you for a while, until you have a stoned friend leave and they traffic stop him, this is how they get you, and i have sources for this too.

So enjoy putting your illegal grows all over the internet, photos with a identifiable wall, half the photos put up tell a good story on where a grow room is located, they get your city without even trying, and your exchange, then fly the heli over. busted.

Personally, i rather grow bud with the knowledge that NO BODY knows about, there are no pictures of it, and if neccassary, can deny it till the cows come home, theres no pictures after all.

So yeah, at the end of the day, i know what my IQ is, i have my relevant qualifications and im very happy with the way i handle my business, nearly 20 years and no dramas.

So do me a favour nibbler, dont talk to me, your a fuck wit.,

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

i seen bunnings had leds that pluged into a normal house bulb

thats the best place to get leds

as if ud want leds

get a hps and get some genetics

wont look back

led growers make me shake my head

take care

bil

Umm bill, No, nononnonononononono... This is why LED's have a bad name. Please dont try to grow with those stupid LED's that plug into things, their are shit. shit shit shit.

i give up...

bunnings dont sell grow leds...

cree or bridgelux LED's are THE BEST ONE THE MARKET UNDISPIUTABLY! these LED's come in a star format, they must be soldered together and powered with a constant driver.

just *facepalm*, no wonder you all think its shit... "hurrr, i have a LED spotlight from bunnings and imma grow pot"

HPS/HID is a shotgun approach, its for simple people who want it to just work. LED is a surgical approach, providing the adequite minumum power for MAXIMUM GROWTH PERFORMANCE. Its a fucking science and an art of which bunnings do not sell ANYTHING that has anything to with LED growing. 

you guys are obviously stuck in your ways and narrow minded.

Im going back under my rock until all the dinosaurs die and this community actually cranks over to the idea.

@ nibbler, see this comment from bill, and you think i dont know my shit.

@ EVERYONE ELSE: I CHALLENGE YOU TO RESEARCH THIS, IF ANY OF YOU GUYS ARE ACTUALLY RESPECTABLE AND REPUTABLE ON THIS COMMUNITY, IM CONTEMPLATING DONATING A LED PANEL FOR YOUR TESTING/EVALUATING PURPOSES.. Im now convinced im going to prove to you guys this works well, if not better.

But i need someone known in the community, who grows to help other people, not for selfish monetary reasons, to do a full grow, veg and bloom. and document the results, although i HATE the idea of publishing grows... you can obviously do it, you know you can, why put heat on the net to prove to a bunch of strangers you can do it...

i dont have to prove anything, i can just as easily keep doing what im doing... 

is this doable community?

Edited by Diablos
  • Downvote 4

No nibbler,

I think your slow, and i think i know alot more than you, which is evident in alot of the things ive read that youve posted. Here let me help you, ill pick 2 things out of what you just wrote, 

1. you think some bozo who lives in australia, who submits their own illegal personal grow to an australian forum, under aussie law. Thought rule number 1 was loose lips sink ships, well i dont know about you, but putting shit all over a, in the grand scheme of the internet, local site, is famous last words for getting busted. Just need 1 grumpy fed on a warpath and your fucked. You think that some disclaimer on the website somehow makes you safe.... 

2. reverse engineering is a gift that i possess and you probly dont, just because i can reproduce items of equally high standard/performance for a fraction of the cost, and have the pride of doing it myself, not to mention is lasts foreve, if i built it, i can fix it yeah?? So im sorry if you think that "your idea" is "your idea", i dont give 2 fucks who owns the idea, if it makes my life easier, ill use it. Nice to see you overcomplicating/over spending simple items.

So youve never seen antying, thought thats awsome, ill make myself one of them? are you fucked in the head?

Thanks for linking the next evolution in LED lighting, although its nice the way you present it, proudly that you found something that superceded LED, problem is, i could buy 2 x Aston Martin Vanquish and a JET for the price to grow and set up those lights.

but no seriosuly Nibbler, i think your a downie, and i have for a long time. i think alot of other people do aswell, want me to link you to posts where people tell you to keep yuour opinions to yourself becasuse no one cares?

Its like youve presented plasma, which is SOOOOO unviable right now, as a replacemt for LED. which it wont be viable for at least 5 years. then offered me the excuse that some guy knows what hes doing because he put pictures of his illegal grow on the internet.

i have no interest in publishing my "behind closed doors" business, so many people get busted and wonder why, they were so careful, when they posted their grows all over the internet.

Im not going to even get tinto the privacy and security of an apache web server, bottom line is, if you post something, you leave a bread crumb behind, its VERY identifiable, with your HIWD mac ID platform etc etc, but let me put it this way, its easer for the law to extract your IP from this website, no warrant needed as its a public forum and this info is left behind, then it is to get a warrant. then they sit around and watch you for a while, until you have a stoned friend leave and they traffic stop him, this is how they get you, and i have sources for this too.

So enjoy putting your illegal grows all over the internet, photos with a identifiable wall, half the photos put up tell a good story on where a grow room is located, they get your city without even trying, and your exchange, then fly the heli over. busted.

Personally, i rather grow bud with the knowledge that NO BODY knows about, there are no pictures of it, and if neccassary, can deny it till the cows come home, theres no pictures after all.

So yeah, at the end of the day, i know what my IQ is, i have my relevant qualifications and im very happy with the way i handle my business, nearly 20 years and no dramas.

So do me a favour nibbler, dont talk to me, your a fuck wit.,

I honestly feel sorry for you and hope you get the treatment you require. I'd recommend finding the nearest person to cuddle, perhaps a fluffy animal or plush toy if one can not be found.

Edited by GreenGoat

I am far to stoned to read that much lol

Man just do a grow diary like all the  other members .

You still sound like a sales man just trying to baffle us with bullshit .

People want the practical side run,not theory ! A diary run here from start to finish .

Then people may listen and read your in depth essay :protest

Im afraid to publish grow diaries, i dont have anything like that for safety reasons, a guy i was reading about recently went for a walk in the park with his freind, and had grow notes in his pocket, well the cops raided him... I have a security system and its worked for 17 years.

Thankyou for pointing out that people dont read the proof, the theorectical proof that proves with science, beyond doubt and reason, the viability and advantages of growing with LED's

Would commercial hydro's be converting to LED's if it wasnt better/cheaper.

Would companies invest billions of dollars in research and development if it was a dead end tech.

by simply opening ones eyes and applying a small amount of logic, one can resonably deduce the same findings i have.

lots of commercial companies that use HID/HPS spent billions of dollars developing the technology so medical dispensaries (commercial grade) and hydro factories (strawberries etc) now use LED and are trending to predominently use LED for the financial benefits.

now we can utilise the same technology for ourselves

if you cant be bothered reading what i type, then how can you dispute or debate the point, you havent even read it...

like i said just before, if someone would like to contact me in reagrds to organising a diary, im not doing it, but i can supply the LED lighting at no charge. would be perfect is someone had a 2 x identical grow rooms and lived near me, and could perform a controlled test. ie, same nutrient solution circulating, same air pumps, same length of air line, same air stones, same distance of resovoir to pot on both, same EVERYTING with the only differentiating factor being the light. And no cross lighting bewteen the 2 eaither. Like a massive growtent with a partition.

i have nothing to gain here except the pride of knowing i helped alot of people...

• Downvote 1

I honestly feel sorry for you and hope you get the treatment you require. I'd recommend finding the nearest person to cuddle, perhaps a fluffy animal or plush toy if one can not be found.

lol, LOLOL, i hope i find the treatment i require too! i got my blankie *starts rocking*

Bil has something you lack... a sense of humour. lol lol lol lol

sorry bill, i thought you were being serious dude, i read that in my super serious mode, and was felt my jaw hit my keyboard... sorry bro lol

Sorry for ruffling feathers, im passionate about technology, its the one thing i know back da front. Its hard because i know, that i know what im talking about. 

And i hoped you would get this from my information about the subject, but i realise to some its an essay that gets skipped over and you just joinin in the fun, no probs.

No more super serious D, but ill be damned if imma leave this tho, ive converted (i was VERY reluctant at first) to LED, its better, soo much better, larger plants in my area (considerably), less heat, no heat signiture (helis), less power, more grams per watt of electricity used, because its cooler, my fans kick on less, allowing my to achieve desired carbon dioxide levels of 1500ppm. dont have to replace bulbs annually, 50,000+ hour continul running lifetime on cree leds.

if someone could please contact me, ill send you my prototype LED, same specs as my main ones i use, its just fugly. dont post contact in here, private message or skype or something.

Edited by Diablos
  • Downvote 1

You don't have to prove nothing to nobody Diablo, but until you substantiate your claims of led superiority in the growing of cannabis, from your own personal experience, your full of shit.

I have seen some of the latest offerings from the states, and also notice that the majority run in conjunction with a fluorescent light source, I am yet to see an led which offers blue, uvb and red spectrum in the same unit, with the technology to simulate the rising and setting of the sun. This is what interests me about led technology, show me something on the market that can do this, and fall into an affordable catagorie for an average Joe like myself, is all that I am personally asking. Oh, you may find your plants benefit more from the co2 we expire replying to your unsubstantiated claims, as opposed to oxygen preserved from your want of our silence.

You don't have to prove nothing to nobody Diablo, but until you substantiate your claims of led superiority in the growing of cannabis, from your own personal experience, your full of shit.

I have seen some of the latest offerings from the states, and also notice that the majority run in conjunction with a fluorescent light source, I am yet to see an led which offers blue, uvb and red spectrum in the same unit, with the technology to simulate the rising and setting of the sun. This is what interests me about led technology, show me something on the market that can do this, and fall into an affordable catagorie for an average Joe like myself, is all that I am personally asking. Oh, you may find your plants benefit more from the co2 we expire replying to your unsubstantiated claims, as opposed to oxygen preserved from your want of our silence.

see above here bro, where i ask 3 fucking times for help to substantiate this to you. Its not fault that you dont stay ontop of LED technology, you would find, not only do they support red and blue at the correct wavellengths, they also support growth with the addition of UVB AND IR, also they now have green and orange, plants use very little of these 2, but they do use it, its been proved, google it.

i posted this for you before in the information you negleted to digest, i posted a link demonstrating the effect that different light has on cannabis, it clearly highlights the required wavelengths, and highlight how LED simulates these requirements 100 fold more precisley than HPS/HID, and far more efficently too.

so the LED has 2 shades of red, blue, IR, UV, orange and green.... Because you cant afford the brand name, neither could I, i wanted to know why units such as california lights: solarstorm, the magnum + or the pro x ( think it was called penetrator or something) cost $1000 - $5000.... Alot buck, for not much bang (at that price).

here are your LED's, they all fit your given parametres bar cost. thought you might be interested in seeing where the commercially available tech is up to. These are the lights that medical dispensaries and commercial comanies use, they work, you will find data sheets there that explain in "pictures for stoned people", how the tech works. 

http://www.hydrogrowled.com/189X-PRO---290W-LED-Grow-Light-P86C60.aspx

http://www.californialightworks.com/Products_SolarStorm.htm

http://www.357magled.com/Magnum-Plus2_p_16.html

now go look at grow diaries using the above lights VS grow diares using generic bullshit.

So i got the data sheets, its the LED's, drivers, on a big heatsink and fan. That is all.

So i think, whys it so expensive, what makes it different. well, nothing, except the BIN of the LED, when leds are made they come in different qualit, from 60 odd lux to 100+lux, these are then seprated into BINS. top BIN leds are not cheap, not cheap at all. but not $1000-$5000, a few hundred dollars for 600W worth in fact. so once the secret gets out, that DIY needs to use top BIN leds to reprodice the same results, the price will fall into line with HID/HPS.

Problem is this stupid attitude, thats whats keeping the prices up, your ignorance to new information.

The only thing i cant work out yet, is the lens, i dont think i need one because the LEDS i have are 60o angles anyway.

so im offering up a led, to someone who will return it later and post a grow diary.

i do not know of any LED arrays on the market that are clones, that work. ebay and ali-kebab  are knocks offs or near retail prices.

i aknowledge LED's have a considerable start up cost, but it doesnt need to be thousands, thats just silly.

Edited by Diablos
  • Downvote 1