Best place to buy LEDs in Aus?

Believe the second post =D

I really think this latest survey is a significant sign of the changing times to come, not that long ago it was a very low tolerance towards this matter, people simply believed that anything made in a laboratory (opiates) must be better thus medical marijuana wasnt required.

But as of late, after the huge studies, and ridiculous amounts of money being poured into research and development, people have a better understanding thus they are less fearful and apprehensive... 

I firmly believe that it wont be long before chrones suffers and lupas suffers etc etc will be able to grow/buy/posess or something legal marijuana.

The report basically sums up that medical marijuana is legitimate, and has productive purposes, and should be explored and implemented, it doesnt say they should just look into it, it clearly says on compassionate grounds the law should be re-written and a definitive approach developed to create a measure for people to relieve "chronic" conditions. chronic being, i guess, major impacts on quality of life that only cannabis can relieve?

Still, it wont be tommorrow, but i truly believe this is the beginning of the collapse of prohibition, although i aknowledge we as a country will probobly never support "recreational" use. not for another century anyway...

also, dont forget your co2 (carbon dioxide) generators, either baking soda + vinegar or sugar water + yeast... can increase yields by 1/3 (30%) is maintained around 1500 ppm, let me know i can explain further =D

Sorry but the more you type the less you seem trustworthy, stop quoting or referencing others and the grows you listed are not actually any form of comparison grow, they merely show that LED's can be used as a lighting source which is something we all agree upon. What we question is the viability.

Sadly at the moment the sell points of LED are moot, the money you save on your power bill is going to be quite small unless it is an insanely large grow and one that can operate without fear of early termination. Lets face it, to save money with LED tech you need to use it for a long enough time to counteract the increased startup cost and the decreased size in yields.

Unless you are an extreme high end grower, talking superscale I just dont see LED's as being a GOOD option. We all agree thy are An option, just not the best for 99% of growers

• Upvote 3

My problem here is anonyminity and paranoia when posting detailed info on a public forum in a country which its illegal to cultivate. Forcing me to use linked references (verified sources whom ive followed for a while) to try to show you the science behind it all, and try to give people a perspective of how the technology operates and why its effective.

In regards to manufacturing and duplicating my success with LED's. I can do this; perhaps a "cheap and cheerful" as well as "high end, no substitutes" options. I didnt think there would be a market with all the knock-offs on ebay. 

Im quite sure of my skills and confident in my knowledge, i understand the technology and the way it interacts with plants...

What people just plainly fail to realize, is companies invest millions if not billions of dollars into research and development of alternate viable "green" or "lower carbon footprint" or what ever, and these lights have made leaps and bounds, if you read into the history of "HAITZ LAW", you will find all my claims are backed by scientific evidence, not internet forum pub slangin...

Honestly, i couldnt give a hoot if you think im wrong... In regards to my black president and dinosaur metaphors, apologies you couldnt interpret the proverb, it means, people said for centuries, america wouldnt have a black president, the dinosaurs had a good run, then they went extinct.. The point is, nothing lasts for ever, including technology, the next step is LED, and with the HUGE improvements companies have made latley, a majority or american medical marijuana is grown under LED's. You will also find that the potency of the bud increases, apparently (yet to confirm).

Now personally, i dont give a hoot what you grow with, as long as you produce some high quality bud, Its just this year, LED has surpassed HID/HPS in regards to weight yielded vs electricity used. Now yes, the equiptment that ACTUALLY WORKS is not cheap/easy to reproduce, and honestly the only real thing im still not clear on is the optimal angle for the LED's at given varying degrees of height. Ive found when the light is nice and close (10 odd inches), you receive ample penetration for 12 odd inches of depth, meaning, you can grow a 30cm thick canopy at full strength, ie the plant will use almost 100% of whats its being given. 

So no, you cannot veg for 3 months and grow a 8" tall monster using 1 - 2 leds, that would require 3 - 4 panels, 1 over head, and 3 substituting side lighting.

I agree, its like an LPG investment for you car, but taking into consideration i needed a new HPS/HID bulb anually, it still worked, but the lumens being prouced decreased over time, and the power consumption increased by aprox 50-100W over 12 months of use, i was using a digital ballast of high quality. Ive found no 600watt ballast that uses 600w or less of power, they all use more. so 600W puts a true draw of 600-750W depending on the age of the ballast/light.

Now LED's have a 50,000 - 100,000 continual hour operation life span BEFORE they lose any lumens/lux, this is because they are not incandesent, and dont "burn" electricity to produce light. So given that a decent traditional light (i wont use shit) is around $50 - $100 depending on preferred brand and wavelength, x 2, because you should use a HID then a HPS. so $100-200 annually + increased cost on power, aprox 30-50% more electricity, so at the NSW tariff of $0.30 / kwh, it aint cheap. 3 hours is over a dollar.

So if a LED will run trouble free for minimum 3 years 24/7, in 1 year, with the $100 per quart electricity saving, + the cost of bulbs (if you dont replace bulbs annually, your power is even higher), the electricity saving in ONE YEAR ALONE will easily write off the increased start up cost. 

i disagree with your comment on LED's only being applicable to extreme high end growers, on a superscale perspective. You will find its actually the opposite, because LED's dont have the penetrating power of 1000W HPS, they are NOT suitable for large grows, as i highlighted before. I have found the biggest draw back is the following, newer growers will always seek out larger scale growers because they assume that grower is "in the know", the problem wit this is, for pest problems, nutrient issues, growing enviroment problems etc, these growers are a wonderful aid to have, but in regards to lighting, they dont really know fuck all other than, overkill is best. 

Now most people grow very sectretly and silently, where heat, heat signiture, power consumption, venting, fan decibels, air pumps etc are a big problem, being able to grow in a walk in cabinet, with a 1.4 metre height restriction, 1.3 meter x 1.3meter, height and noise are a problem, LEDs allow me to grow into the "buffer" i would normally have to allow between the canopy and the 600W HID/HPS. LED's can touch the canopy without to much distress, so my grow hieghts (minus the grow bucket height) have increased by roughly 30%, given the added introcution of co2, my yields have doubled. And i was dialled into HID/HPS for a decade.

So for the average home grower/user who has 1 - 2 plants in a smallish footprint (say 3m high x 2m x 2m), a 600W LED (600W ACTUAL DRAW) will dominate a 600W HID/HPS, not give it a run for its money, outgrow it in potency and yield. Now im not going to argue this point any further as all my claims can be substantiated within 30seconds of google searching.

I just came here, to share my experience with you guys, found the only real thread on LED viability was very biased, and wanted to share the truth.

This is just like the speaker revolution all over again, RMS v PMPO, LED manufacturers are inflating numbers and expectations to the point where the technology seems useless.

And for the record, im not affiliated with any companies, merchants suppliers etc etc, im an engineer who get sick and couldnt work anymore.

If anyone is interested in LED's, or exploring the possibilty of having one that actually works made, im happy to actually show pictures and diaries to people, im just not publishing them on the internet, at all. 

So if your reading this, and actually interested in learning why LED's are viable and what makes them better then HPS/HID, how they achieve their goal, or want a list of the parts, prices and where to order from, or schematics, im happy to help. It took ALOT to get me on the bandwagon, im glad i finally did, power bill is halved and nore buying builbs, powering extractions fans, easier to maintain my c02 ppm because my fans dont constantly kick on and off..

This is what people refer to as "dialling it all in", maximising your yields while reducing your overheads. common sense really.

LED's are not An option, and not THE option, they are an extremely VIABLE option.

• Downvote 3

Nah, your talking shit now Diablo. Increase in potency, yet to be proven? That's where you lose me dude, genetics and breeding dictate potency, not your friggen light source!

Oh, I would have been interested in your product but now your talking shit, I must reconsider.

I love the attitudes, here i am trying to help, linking references that half of you typing probobly didnt read, or just skimmed over without actually absorbing anything... or cant understand something until everyone is doing it and its obvious they are left behind, which is the only reason they assimilate, still not understanding the technology or benefits in changing.

LED's offer spectrums HID/HPS do not/cannot/never will... This means LED's simulate the sun better then HID/HPS, its like hunting with a hunting rifle (appropriate) or fishing with dynamite (overkill), LED vs HPS. Until now, LED's did not offer the required penetration to be effective, a few years ago, as proven with Haitz Law (wikipedia please), LED's became viable, this year, IR/UVB/640nm/660nm etc etc have been refined to an appropriate level meaning that they are scientifically tuned to grow.

Now I know from experience/grow diaries/forums/wikipedia etc that LED's use less power, make less heat, have no consumable parts, make more light per watt and grow more bud per watt energy consumed than LED. So i converted, like when the public laughed at blue tooth ear pieces, or smart phones, or green energy, or any other new invention. If it isnt ridiculed/scrutinized, then it cant be effectivley tested.

My question would be, If HID/HPS have been a porblem for a long time in regards to heat/cost of running, and with the ever moving push for green energy and lower emissions, the fact there are now about 20 mainstream reputable LED manufactures that dont put shit anywhere near alibaba or knockoffs'R'us, who spend who the fuck knows how much money side by side with commercial hydroponic companies to refine the technology.

Im no fucking expert, but it SOO obvious im a bit better educated than half the people making these stupid claims.

Seriously, its like giving a child a new toy, watching the stupid tantrum because they dont understand it, knowing, that very soon they will be enjoying it too.

Now as for the retards who OBVIOUSLY cant use google and need everything spoon fed to them, good day, enjoy your electricity bills, noisy extractions, and blown bulbs and marginally lower potency.

Now, for the people who can use google, i seriously challenge you to research my claims, i dont sell anything, dont work for anyone, and have nothign to gain by argueing this point, If you werent australian, i wouldnt have logged back on... So ask yourself 2 questions, Seriously, what the fuck do i have to gain in educating you (knowledge is power), Would it kill you to look into my claims.

Now, for the people who think LEGAL MEDICAL grow diaries from America, proving the viability of LED, and the fact these medical companies USE LED BECAUSE OF MARGINALLY HIGHER thc, cannabinoids and tetrahydrocannabibal or w/e the third one is...

I dont understand your stupidity, ive explaineded how it works, the advantages, linked proof, linked pictures, linked grow diaries.... You think im going to submit shit from myself onto this forum, yeah guy on the forum teaching everyone to grow more potent pot in a way that defeats any IR thermal technology and uses way less power, and avoids them having to go buy replacement bulbs all the time. 

Ive been doing this probly since you parents started wiping you arse.

See you on the other side.

and after reading some posts, obviously some people were following, after i take 30 minutes to think about everything and type while i "medicate", would you please have the decency to word your "flame" or "comment" as a question, or at least something open ended...

And im not talking shit, i found something that good, it works wonders, saved me arse loads on power and cost fuckall to convert... in the grand scheme anyway. 

Now im trying to help you guys, and you cant even show me the respect to listen, please, if you give me a chance, im only trying to help, for the people wanting proof, maybe we could skype or something and i could show you real things, in front of your face...

the reason i said "yet to verify" on the potency, is im doing the fucking leg work, sending the emails and requesting the proof, using the angle, ill buy something if you send me HARD FACTUAL proof, this is when i was sent study papers from american AND australian univerversities. im skyping these american manufacturers and coersing their data sheets showing the type and model of all components used. ive done the reverse engineering, im the one taking the time to empart what ive learned over the years of developing something for ME, not for you, FOR ME. now ive done that, im sharing what ive learned, and getting you up to the 8 ball on the technology.

So, hate to burst your bubble dinosaurs but were left the prehistoric jurassic era about 8 millenia ago, today we like to use the latest technology once its stable, well SHITS STABLE GUYS.

Now my last approach, for people who swear by KISS, (keep it simple stupid), you are too simple for this technology. It wont apply.

LED is for people who want to dial everything in, provide EVERYTHING the plant needs, not just "it grows under the HPS best hurrrr", dont see HPS smashing out UVB/IR the way LED's can, nor do i see ANY HID/HPS bulb/ballast combo that can provide the wavelength on a more stable platform with no flucuations like LED. Next thing is you will tell me that auto feeds for nutes with auto PH adjustment with 100L res on 4 pot undercurrent DWC with 2 x 600W LEDs.

Thinking about it, cant be fucked with the haters anymore, do your own research, i tried, im done. notice ive never recommend you buy anything? or tried to sell anyhning, someone said i should start making them for you guys?

If anyone want to save money and grow marginally higher potency pot, and optimize their grow room, or be given the scientific optimal levels of everything in varying hydro systems, i know my shit, i tried to help you guys, i understand theres 10 million "i know everythings" on the internet. Im not going to prove my credentials, i prove myself through the knowledge im so clearly typing of the top of my head (obv because gramatically it makes little sense, very fragmented).

@ frank reynolds, you remind me of my ex-gf, evidence was put under your nose before, i linked about 10 links in 1 post, DIY for LED (quality one) grow diaries, little grows, big grows, supplimented light grows, and you still call bullshit, have a good day bitch.

Honestly, if your a cheap little jew rat on the doll, keep using your fluresant lights, and you keep going by that test of fluro VS LED done 5 years ago, again, obviously you dont read Haitz Law (google it), its a LAW dipshit.

I swear, 3/4 of you trolls either sucked balls in science class or dont have the mental capacity to fathom the idea your bullshit technology is outdated but not obselete, there is just now a better way of doing it. Now worries dinosaurs...

50 years ago, technology moved foward at a rate of aprox 1 year per month (its a weird system, but in R&D the money spent governs the acceleration rate of tech), Now we move foward at a rate of 1 year per few days, which means technology is now snowballing at aprox 15-20 fold of what it was 50 years ago. This phenomina also has a LAW, i cant recall its name.

Same as Haitz Law, the speed of which LED will evolve. Haits Law dictated this should have been feasable a few years ago, but its only just become feasable now, this law was written how many years ago? seem pretty accurate me me so far?

Bottom line is, ive never listened to hype, gossip or he say she say. I only listen to fact and evidence, people hate this about me and call me a smart ass because i come off like a know it all,  Im just an impatient old really grumpy bastard with a shitty quality of life now, and pot helps me through days.

LED has helped me alot, so i share it with you, i havent made any bullshit claims, havent hyped anything up, yeah it seems to good to be true, but finally, it isnt.

im really kinda frustrated at some of you guys, its really obvious you havent done any research, and you have no intereest in this technology, and i just relaised im posting this in a "best place to buy forum"... no wonder you guys are giving me such a hard time.... got here from google originally... is there an active LED discussion thread i can move over too?

sorry guys, i feel like a dick... no wonder you thought something was up.. :)))

• Downvote 2

You just don't get it do you?

... come back when you have some buds, your BULLSHIT is not reality.

Understand? :)

No, 

you obviously dont know how to use google, why should i have to prove shit to you...

open a fucking google window, and type something like "LED grow diary" or "medical LED grow diary" and then BEFORE you click on something, read the hosting URL, its its ww.buyourshit.com, obviously you take it with a grain of salt...

But if like me, youve been following LED's since the conception of the idea, "i wonder if i can grow with this light", you will know what im speaking of is fact.

Let google and your own bullshit filter guide you... dont just take my word for it, coz you know, its not like ive built and LED array or grown shit before... I just know what im talking about coz.. umm... i read a book??

my point is, if you dont believe me, before insulting me, maybe hit google for a second.

because like i said above, if you need information and evidence spoon fed, or you need mummy to hand everything to you on a fucking platter, i dont want to talk to you. your a waste of fucking oxygen better used on growing my bud.

• Downvote 3

Light Emitting Plasma is a far superior light  to LED's and is newer technology, it is also closer to Natural sunlight than ANY lighting available to growers, due to it being plasma, which is the same type of energy the sun is churning out , some of which we get as light.

A 300w Gavita LEP will kick arse on any of ya panels to equivilent power size. I have been quiet until now,watching you rant on and on.... but to be honest most of us are looking way beyond your outdated LED's.

You all seem to think we are somehow slow.... and you are enlightened, like most self professed scientists.... but we reward results here, not words.

Reverse engineering other peoples work is what wankers do that steal others intellectual property.............

At least Frank reynolds has plants on this site.......in a diary.... for all to see...... :whistle:

No Peace for You. Nibbler

• Upvote 5

mate witht he claims you are making, i don't want grasscity threads, i want proper peer reviewed science published in proper journals. lol

omfg, like i said, worse than a fucking woman, "err im not happy with that, i dont like it, get me something else"....  lol

would you please (community) let me know or at least elaborate on what you want, you ask for diaries, i give you diaries from THC grasscity and RIU... multiple sources dude.

you ask for pictures, i link some pictures. you call, photos or it didnt happen, i give photos, now you want peer reviews.

Now worries, ill link the peer reviewed controlled study performed at a bio-university in USA on behalf of lighthouse technologies (one of the few 'no bs' led manufacturers, costs a motza), as well as some other reading materials for you. Im happy to prove to you it works WELL and is viable, if yall just can keep an open mind and not be nasty, im sensitive in my old age lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3