dutchmaster silica

got my hands on a sample of dutchmaster silica. only 1lt to try it out

it says its a 'flowering supplement'. its npk is 0.0.10

6% silica and 10% potassium

says add every 2 weeks.

question 1 - can or should it be used in veg or just flower?

question 2 - can it be used in conjunctino with a pk additive (or would the K be too much in combination)

question 3 - can it be used with h202

thanks guys

I would say just use for flowering... is that what it says on the bottle. I guess it can be used in veg, but I think the main reason for using it is to stop mold and bud rot.... so maybe at the earliest just b4 you flower.

I think.. I havent used it, but I am sure thats what it is for... also if ya can get your hands on an aditive calledROCK flower juice.. use that too.

Makes your buds rock hard...

thanks guys. sukonmi i use sudden impact (which i think is the same as rock juice), superbud etc.

i applied the silica 1/2 strength to the veg and full strength to the flower room. havent added the pk yet as im not sure as to whether it would be a potassium o/dose. the ph went up to 6.7, i balanced back to 5.8

can it be used wiith h202??? i presume so as i dont think silica is organic additive

also sukonmi - can u use h202 with rockjuice, superbud etc? i read somewhere not to use hydroshield with superbud (but hydroshield has coloidal silver in it which could be the problem?).

ive never used h2o2 b4, but it seems to me the silica does the same thing.. I personally dont add silica... the ROCK already has it in there... I might give it a try, there seems to be a bit of rave about it.

I am guess ing the reason for the PH rising would be that the silica is neutral ph.... but 6.7 isnt really too bad.. 6.3 is where it should be, but really any where between 5.8 and 6.8 is ok....

ive never used h2o2 b4, but it seems to me the silica does the same thing.. I personally dont add silica... the ROCK already has it in there... I might give it a try, there seems to be a bit of rave about it.

I am guess ing the reason for the PH rising would be that the silica is neutral ph.... but 6.7 isnt really too bad.. 6.3 is where it should be, but really any where between 5.8 and 6.8 is ok....

actually you want around 5.8 for hydro and around 6.8 for soil :unsure:

yeah i always aim for 5.8.

the ph went to 6.7 but im assuming thats because of the 10% potassium content of the DM silica. easily adjusted back to 6.7 though

sukonmi - i didnt think that silican and h202 did the same? i thought that silica was a nutient whereas h202 was a non-systemic steriliser and oxygenator (although the latter is debatable as it only lasts for a limited time?)

anyone use silica with pk additive though?

Edited by keepleft

question 1 - can or should it be used in veg or just flower?

it SHould be used from early veg and up till pre-harvest flush.

question 2 - can it be used in conjunctino with a pk additive (or would the K be too much in combination)

Yes, it can its not a PK additive. But make sure you always add the silica to plain water only then adjust your PH and then add the rest of your nutrients, PH etc.

question 3 - can it be used with h202

yes, its not a living thing so the H202 wont harm it.

is there any particular silica you recommend over others? (this is the DM one which has 10% potassium added to it)

I Personally prefer Silica Majic out of them all, simply because its alot stronger and the bottle lasts longer.