Question

Looks like another medical cannabis scam is making the rounds on Facebook...

aka SCAMMER ALERT

“Don Medicinal Cannabis” is changing his spots and has begun to specialize in "Medical Cannabis Seeds". 

DO NOT trust Don Medicinal Cannabis nor Aussie Medicinal Seed Co... as they appear to be one in the same person/company.

"the Don" has a reputation (on Facebook) for inferior products and not delivering what he promises (taking money and not sending products), he is in the medical canna business for money, zero compassion in his business plan.

If by chance these two 'companies' are not both being run by "the Don", then Aussie Medicinal Seed Co is steeling photos, and that is crap/un-ethical business practice.

The post by Aussie Medicinal Seed Co has been taken down already, got to love a screen grab (however crappy it may be)!

Be smart peoples!

just a few extra screen grabs to prove my point

post-4942-0-56585600-1431482747_thumb.jpgpost-4942-0-98090900-1431482812_thumb.jpg

post-4942-0-67831000-1431482773_thumb.jpgpost-4942-0-60776600-1431483385_thumb.jpg

post-4942-0-14402700-1431482795_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matanuska Thunder
  • Upvote 11

Like others that have stumbled across this thread, I am disappointed to see such hateful words. I found this thread because I saw the public apology made by The Sunday Telegraph to Mr. Brown, and it made me ask - why? http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/help/for-the-record/the-sunday-telegraph-apologises-to-langdon-brown-of-the-don-medicinal-cannabis-business/news-story/2ff028fdc3d5f6448309129600d840ef

What makes a prominent newspaper change it's tune and take back what it said? Investigation and facts. Without those, there is no truth. The article was probably written in the first place by sourcing unsubstantiated allegations like like ones made throughout this thread. I understand that in a forum like this, you can say whatever you like. And it seems that a specific group of like mined people have banded together to do just that, and slander a member of their own community. A member who is trying to win public support for medicinal cannabis, which in turn will benefit all of you. And this is how you treat them? You should be sitting back and waiting for the gates to open so you can cash in. But instead, you confuse people and dilute the credibility of your own industry. Threads like this are easy to find through a public search, and all I can say is that it makes you all look like bullies. In fact it is counter productive. My response to finding this thread was to research Langdon Brown more thoroughly. And by doing so, I see a person who not only refuses to partake in such petty, time-wasting banter, but instead, I find someone who encourages investigation and uses their time to promote the medicinal cannabis industry. A newspaper will not issue an apology without full analysis of all the allegations made and the person they are made about. So having had a lawyers, police, and the public crawl all over him and his business, and he still come out clean, it should give you reason to re-think some of the things you have said. It really is a shame to see this. 

• Downvote 2

Like others that have stumbled across this thread, I am disappointed to see such hateful words. I found this thread because I saw the public apology made by The Sunday Telegraph to Mr. Brown, and it made me ask - why? http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/help/for-the-record/the-sunday-telegraph-apologises-to-langdon-brown-of-the-don-medicinal-cannabis-business/news-story/2ff028fdc3d5f6448309129600d840ef

What makes a prominent newspaper change it's tune and take back what it said? Investigation and facts. Without those, there is no truth. The article was probably written in the first place by sourcing unsubstantiated allegations like like ones made throughout this thread. I understand that in a forum like this, you can say whatever you like. And it seems that a specific group of like mined people have banded together to do just that, and slander a member of their own community. A member who is trying to win public support for medicinal cannabis, which in turn will benefit all of you. And this is how you treat them? You should be sitting back and waiting for the gates to open so you can cash in. But instead, you confuse people and dilute the credibility of your own industry. Threads like this are easy to find through a public search, and all I can say is that it makes you all look like bullies. In fact it is counter productive. My response to finding this thread was to research Langdon Brown more thoroughly. And by doing so, I see a person who not only refuses to partake in such petty, time-wasting banter, but instead, I find someone who encourages investigation and uses their time to promote the medicinal cannabis industry. A newspaper will not issue an apology without full analysis of all the allegations made and the person they are made about. So having had a lawyers, police, and the public crawl all over him and his business, and he still come out clean, it should give you reason to re-think some of the things you have said. It really is a shame to see this. 

He's ripping people off with high pricing, unethical practices and conclude he is a rude prick cashing in on the sick...There are many others supplying a quality product for half the price. So we are just letting the public know they are getting ripped off. 

A FORMER financial planner is charging patients $9600 for an eight-week “cannabis cancer killing program”.

Langdon Brown, who trades under the name of The Don Medicinal Cannabis, said his Facebook-based business had “become extremely busy” since the Baird government ­announced trials of medicinal cannabis last December.

“I have over 600 patients,” Sydney-based Mr Brown said.

Mr Brown said he supplied contractors with seeds to grow the marijuana then organised chemists to make up the oil, which he then distributed.

“My customers are real sick, most are cancer sufferers and they come to me at the end of the line and as a last option they try cannabis oil,” he said.

Mr Brown said the cancer killing program consisted of 120 millilitres of cannabis oil over eight weeks for $9600, which he said was not overcharging. “It costs a lot to produce the cannabis oil,” he said.

Patients are then advised to take one mil a day at a cost of $80 per mil, he said.

With 600 patients on the minimum dose paying $560 a week, “The Don” has the capacity to make $336,000 a week.

BJ Futter, who works out of Newcastle and supplies up to 100 patients for free, said Mr Brown was exploiting vulnerable people.

“He is dealing with people with their lives on the line and $9000 is sick, sick exploitation,” Mr Futter said.

PATIENTS who rely on medicinal cannabis are being forced to grow it themselves as unscrupulous dealers capitalise on the vulnerable.
DAILYTELEGRAPH.COM.AU

Edited by lookinggoodguys
  • Upvote 2

Like others that have stumbled across this thread, I am disappointed to see such hateful words. I found this thread because I saw the public apology made by The Sunday Telegraph to Mr. Brown, and it made me ask - why? http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/help/for-the-record/the-sunday-telegraph-apologises-to-langdon-brown-of-the-don-medicinal-cannabis-business/news-story/2ff028fdc3d5f6448309129600d840ef

none of us want to sit back and "cash in".. lots of us supply medicines for FREE.

$9000 Is pure bullshit

if you people cant see that.. i feel sorry for you.

• Upvote 2

It is because he is in this to be "cashing in" he is receiving such negative feedback from the Australian Cannabis Community mavis. It might surprise you that MOST people don't want to "cash in". The don's prices are exorbitant, they are WELL above the average market price of similar products. Either he is making a killing selling illegal cannabis or his illegal suppliers are. Either way he is complicit in ripping people off.

It might also surprise you to learn MOST people DON"T make their medicines in highly questionable hygiene and quality control conditions such as the don has shown he does. MOST people care more about their patients than to operate in such an irresponsible manner. Do you expect people to remain silent when they see a person such as the don operating in the way he does?

As Gumby said...

none of us want to sit back and "cash in".. lots of us supply medicines for FREE.

$9000 Is pure bullshit

if you people cant see that.. i feel sorry for you.

I also feel sorry for anyone who doesn't get that.

:peace: MongyMan

• Upvote 4

You wouldn't happen to be red baron by any chance?  Maybe it's just a coincidence, if you believe in them.

And your link to the apology is without context as there is no link to the story being apologised for to give it any direct relevance to the issues aired in this thread.

Maybe you need to ask why there are many other medicinal cannabis proponents and prospective businesses in Australia who are not getting the negative feedback from the members of this site whilst The Don is, rather than pointing the finger at all of us here.

• Upvote 1

"Like others that have stumbled across this thread, I am disappointed to see such hateful words."

yet here you are, encouraging even more banter 

"You should be sitting back and waiting for the gates to open so you can cash in."

why?

not everyone is driven by cash

many people are driven by compassion

-yet another statement that resembles something a person with a finance background would say.

"I see a person who not only refuses to partake in such petty, time-wasting banter, but instead, I find someone who encourages investigation and uses their time to promote the medicinal cannabis industry."

you have not met him in person have you? He is NOT an Academic - who does he  "encourages investigation" from, Facebook meme's?

What I see on his Facebook page are multiple posts about American "medical Marijuana" is that the "investigation' you talk about?

• Upvote 1

So having had a lawyers, police, and the public crawl all over him and his business, and he still come out clean, it should give you reason to re-think some of the things you have said.

Are you claiming that he is doing nothing illegal? And are you claiming that he has "come out clean" in this thread and many many others over the internet that were written by the pubic?

• Upvote 1

The matter of his pricing for his seeds and magic butter device is what sets him apart. $1500 for a butter device!! Extortionate pricing! He has a captive market and is taking advantage of it. His honesty is lost when he claimed to have had CBD tinctures when he had no CBD - only THCA.

Edited by Smokin Moose
  • Upvote 2

I see there is much talk in this thread about pricing and quality. A lot of you refer to free medicinal cannabis or giving it away. I googled free medicinal cannabis, and no-one is offering it. I myself pay for mine. Ponder this. If a sofa is left on the nature strip with a sign saying its free, when you take it, you accept full responsibility for it. You accept all the fleas and bugs, and the unconfirmed quality and unknown origin. And you are on your own if when you get it home it's not right for the room. If you buy a sofa from a registered tax paying business, and there is any issues, the company that you bought it off will stand by the quality of their product and offer support. This is called consumer confidence. In this thread I see allegations about diluted or inferior products and over priced items. Having used products from Don Medicinal Cannabis, I find your statements rather hollow. Contrary to your accusations, I have found the products have exceeded my expectations. Consider this also - why do people fork out top dollar for genuine products like Apple and Samsung, when the market is flooded with parallel imports that are far cheaper? Quality, trust and accountability. When I'm paying for something far more important than material objects like a smart phone, say - my quality of life, for example - I want to be dealing with a business that is professional and reputable. I can shop elsewhere if I think I will get better price or product, no-one MAKES me buy from The Don Medicinal Cannabis. I feel safe dealing with this business and I trust the high quality of the products I receive. I vote with my wallet. You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am to mine. 

I read the terms and conditions of this site when joining, and I see many violations of the code of conduct and content here in this thread. I suggest you all check your facts about calling him a scam artist. There was a public apology in the newspaper. Your references to the article mean nothing now.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/help/for-the-record/the-sunday-telegraph-apologises-to-langdon-brown-of-the-don-medicinal-cannabis-business/news-story/2ff028fdc3d5f6448309129600d840ef

• Downvote 4