Question

Looks like another medical cannabis scam is making the rounds on Facebook...

aka SCAMMER ALERT

“Don Medicinal Cannabis” is changing his spots and has begun to specialize in "Medical Cannabis Seeds". 

DO NOT trust Don Medicinal Cannabis nor Aussie Medicinal Seed Co... as they appear to be one in the same person/company.

"the Don" has a reputation (on Facebook) for inferior products and not delivering what he promises (taking money and not sending products), he is in the medical canna business for money, zero compassion in his business plan.

If by chance these two 'companies' are not both being run by "the Don", then Aussie Medicinal Seed Co is steeling photos, and that is crap/un-ethical business practice.

The post by Aussie Medicinal Seed Co has been taken down already, got to love a screen grab (however crappy it may be)!

Be smart peoples!

just a few extra screen grabs to prove my point

post-4942-0-56585600-1431482747_thumb.jpgpost-4942-0-98090900-1431482812_thumb.jpg

post-4942-0-67831000-1431482773_thumb.jpgpost-4942-0-60776600-1431483385_thumb.jpg

post-4942-0-14402700-1431482795_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matanuska Thunder
  • Upvote 11

the simple fact of the matter is.. even if his oil does work... and that is a big if mind you.

it is still way over priced.. same as the butter machines or what ever else he trys to flog off.

i give to sick people.. one kind lady even pays me in chicken eggs bless her.

i will not take money from sick and dying people.. and true fighters of the cause do the same.

not claim to have sold 1million worth of medicinal substances.

im sorry you feel the need to defend your friend so blindly.. if the chance ever comes up... tell your "friend" to lower his prices somewhat.

thank you.

i will now gracefully bow out of this conversation.

cheers.

be well everybody.

• Upvote 1

the simple fact of the matter is.. even if his oil does work... and that is a big if mind you.

it is still way over priced.. same as the butter machines or what ever else he trys to flog off.

Again, I respect that others have a different set of values and way of seeing things, but I would suggest that you do the same, and respect that not everyone is going to provide medicinal cannabis the way that you do.

He runs a business, where the legal costs and the risk that he encounters are translated into higher prices. All industries work this way. That's why medicinal cannabis is as expensive as it is. And it's not just Don that is charging these prices. A lot of the groups shamefully attacking him online, like one chap from the Hemp Embassy, have been reported quoting the same prices. Yet Don is being singled out, despite the fact that he's the one most directly challenging the prohibitionist laws, and most needs the community's support.

Anyway, thank you for the time you took discussing this with me. I hope we were able to help each other understand the other's perspective, and I hope you will fight back against these kinds of witch hunts that only serve to harm the community in the future. 

Make living helping others only thing he is doing is lining his pockets no good if he goes to jail anyway hope the government take the lot from him

He's charging prices that are comparable to others out there, and he is standing up for medicinal cannabis in Australia by providing his product openly, through a legitimate and identifiable business. 

It's disappointing that you would think he deserves your scorn and ill-will, instead of your support. What kind of medicinal cannabis community is it when those who provide it openly are attacked by members of their own community, who seem to hold more scorn for them than the big pharma who earn billions a year, not just from willing customers, but also from unwilling taxpayers, without ever being threatened with jail the way Don is now.

Edited by RedBaton

hey RB

instead of sticking up for "your friend"

could you supply the details of this thread to him

so that he can respond directly, as himself

to comments in this thread.

if you could provide details of others that charge the same price as the Don

and please put up a link to this thread

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/75896-medical-canna-scammers/

FYI, the Don has made the list

• Upvote 3

Nobody on this site has anything to gain from putting the Don out of business.  Nobody on this site is making money out of medicinal cannabis.  Everybody on this site is extremely pro medicinal cannabis.  etc

So maybe the question you should be asking yourself is, is why are we all so negative towards you, sorry your friend?   When you are preaching to the converted and they are all calling bullshit, there's generally good reasons for it, this is an industry that is wide open to scammers preying on the vulnerable and desperate, so it is vitally important that those with inside knowledge go out of their way to look for and out those scammers.  You, again sorry I mean your friend, ticks more than one box on the checklist for scammers, so calling the Don on that is what we should be doing. 

The fact that you mysteriously appear out of nowhere only to shout us all down in this one thread, whilst doing your best to promote an extremely dodgy looking business, and the way you are doing it (basically attacking our credibility), merely ticks another box on that checklist, you are obviously trying to serve the business interest of this dodgy little outfit.  If I was a moderator I would have given you one chance to pull your head in and start providing valid arguements to support your side of things, and booted you off if you failed to do so.

I really don't know why you people keep trying it on on this site, maybe you should go back to your marketing department and wipe the drawing board clean so you can start from scratch with a new approach.  By the way, I don't wish cancer or jail on you, oops, the Don, but I do wish he and his kind would stop preying on the vulnerable and desperate.

Now, I didn't just attack the Don, or get personal about it etc, I basically pointed out that this business gives good reason for a LOT of scepticism, as in a lot.  So the question now is, are you going to mount a personal attack against me as well, or are you going to start giving rational arguments and evidence based facts as to why we are all wrong? 

• Upvote 4

It would be so easy for Don to test his product and provide proof of Cannabinoid and Terpene content. He is obviously not restricted by cost so what is the reason he does not test his product and provide the results of those tests?

I'm not sure if it was this thread or the other one where it was mentioned by Red Baton that Don does not follow health and safety or quality control procedures because Cannabis is illegal. That is a poor excuse for producing what is purported to be a medicinal product in a substandard manner. There is no excuse for putting the health and safety of anyone at risk, not to mention sick and vulnerable people looking for a cure or relief for their symptoms.

• Upvote 3

Snake oil being sold by a confidence trickster, taking advantage of the sick and desperate for his own personal gain.

Nah, just kidding, I feel for this Don bloke, as he believes he is genuinely providing a service to the community, at great personal risk, in order to get his medicine to those who need it most. But, and there is a but, as stated above, without the chemical profile of his oil, and without the levels of cannabinoids present in his product being known, it's nothing more than street level product, and should be sold as such if he is hoping to profit from his endeavours.

It may help some in the community that are in need, but it won't help all, and that can deter some people from utilising the correct cannabis strain, with higher concentrations of the cannabinoids beneficial in treating their individual conditions, from getting the full medicinal benefits that cannabis can, and will, provide them. In other words, it's counter constructive to the Dons original intentions.

Secondly, people are dying and needlessly suffering, because the government is restricting their access to a medicinal plant, that requires no significant chemical processes to refine into a more purified medicine, and with the proper safety precautions, can be done in the privacy of one's home. What's more, it's a strong medicine, with the capabilities of curing life threatening disease, grown in the earth, natural medicine, yet denied access by a government who's primary purpose is to maintain the health and well being of its economy and it's population. What's needed to alleviate the suffering of those that need cannabis the most is compassion. Compassion by the friends and family of those suffering, provided they have the capabilities, to stand up for the rights of those that can't do so for themselves, and help to provide the medicine for those in need, before its too late. There is a legitimate, immediate need for the introduction of medicinal cannabis into society as a substance beneficial for the treatment of a broad spectrum of illnesses, yet the government continues to sit on its hands while the people they are sworn to serve, continue to suffer and pass away, some being taken advantage of in their hour of need, in the process.

No, there is no excuses, the information is out there for those that need to know, the Cannabis strains available on today's market, though primarily bred for recreational purposes, are capable of treating a wide variety of illnesses, just need to find the strain that's right for you, and if you are unable to grow this strain yourself, a compassionate family member or friend needs to step in, because at the end of the day, it's immoral and unjust for any person to deny the suffering relief and an opportunity for a better quality of life, in their time of need, especially when the substance providing that relief is naturally occurring.

Illegality is no excuse for allowing a loved one to suffer, there can be no moral judgement passed on you for showing compassion, but profiting from the sick and dying, based on legal status and risks involved, is immoral, and is profiteering, not compassion. Moreso when the product is untested and it's efficacy unknown.

• Upvote 1

If Don was genuine about helping people as is claimed his company would be a charity or not for profit instead of a profit making company to cash in on cannabis. Truth is he is just another medical cannabis scammer chasing $'s under the banner of compassion. No different to 'big pharm' companies.

and I asked earlier...

....what exactly has Don done to try and bring about legalization in Australia and be out the forefront of this industry that wasn't just to benefit himself? All I've seen is him promoting his own business and selling overpriced, dodgy cannabis products to sick and vulnerable people he is putting at risk from the law.

??

He's charging prices that are comparable to others out there, and he is standing up for medicinal cannabis in Australia by providing his product openly, through a legitimate and identifiable business. 

Sounds like GW Pharmaceuticals to me...

It's disappointing that you would think he deserves your scorn and ill-will, instead of your support. What kind of medicinal cannabis community is it when those who provide it openly are attacked by members of their own community, who seem to hold more scorn for them than the big pharma who earn billions a year, not just from willing customers, but also from unwilling taxpayers, without ever being threatened with jail the way Don is now.

Why are you making out like he is some kind of activist trying to help everyone by fighting for Australian cannabis? How is he any different to 'big pharm' profiting from the sick?

:peace: MongyMan

Edited by MongyMan
  • Upvote 3

He runs a business, where the legal costs and the risk that he encounters are translated into higher prices. All industries work this way. That's why medicinal cannabis is as expensive as it is. And it's not just Don that is charging these prices.

Try to justify the money yoga all you want. End of the day it's just excuses for making money off the sick if your making money off it simple black n white no grey area. Medical cannabis is expensive because greedy people want to profit off it no other reason. And you are correct that Don isn't the only one charging similar prices. There are a lot of greedy scammers out there, Don is just one of them.

:peace: MongyMan

• Upvote 3

How mean-spirited of you.

You're supposed to lead this forum, and instead you acquaint it with:

• accusations that are based on nothing but your own conjecture
  • petty put downs in reaction to civil discussion
  • generally boorish, careless behavior, while hypocritically claiming to believe in healing and positivity

How do you know he " has NOT had one cancer cure despite his claims he has premium medicines"?

I'm sure you have proof of your claim?

You claim to be concerned about his patients. But are you really? Or is this about something else? Always making these accusations, without providing any evidence at all, suggests it's something else.  The seeming preoccupation you have with his results, and your obvious bias in interpreting all events with him receiving the least possible benefit of the doubt (e.g. assuming none of his patients have been cured without even knowing all of his patients), suggests a sort of rivalry/jealousy.

Is this what the medicinal cannabis is supposed to be about? Negativity, petty rivalries, and backstabbing? How about working together? How about the philosophy of wishing others well? How about spending your energy helping others, and find new patients, instead of trying to tear others, who are serving hundreds of patients, down?

They don't have a laboratory to make oils and tinctures, as cannabis is still considered illegal.  

I can't respond to 20 pages of comments, mostly attacking him. Moose is making things up. He alleges that Don claims his medicinal cannabis tincture is "high CBD". Why doesn't he provide any proof for his allegations? Don doesn't claim that his tincture is "high CBD" anywhere on his website.

You are doing a commendable thing. Don has given away thousands of dollars of medicinal cannabis that he produced. But he also runs a business, because he believes it's ethical to make a living helping others, and because he thinks that's the way to create a real industry that can produce enough medicinal cannabis for millions of people.

To each their own. Instead of spending energy attacking the precious few people in that produce medicinal cannabis in Australia, just because they believe in a different set of values, the people in this thread should be wishing them well, and doing their part to provide their own medicinal cannabis. 

I see these attacks on someone who's out in the forefront of challenging antiquated laws on medicinal cannabis as crazy, if the goal is indeed to advance medicinal cannabis and make it more widely available to anyone who wants it.

Thanks for your shallow assessment. It shows what a narrow minded, intolerant view of the world you have.

You don't have to accept Don's values or way of life, but you should tolerate others who are different than you. This thread is filled to the brim with calls of violence and harm on someone else, who is doing nothing but engaging in voluntary trade with others, in the medicinal cannabis trade. When did you become so intolerant that you want to use the same methods used by the prohibitionists to stop him?

By looking at his website and the prices for his products,  is unethical and immoral about the Don. .

To me he values the almighty $$$$$ over health. His crazy high prices are exploiting the sick and dying and the reason for the attacking.

I have seen and bought cannabis products selling on the darknet locally that are way cheaper and actually work..

Edited by lookinggoodguys