phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

Well, I found our distro and wholesaler for the reflector:

http://www.exceldistributors.com.au/Excel-Hydroponics/Lighting/PHILIPS-d-Papillon-315-w-Plasma

http://www.stealth-garden.com/product/lighting/d-papillon-315w/

Credit goes to google.

As for plasma, I can find legit threads of Gavita plasma grows but only where its been used along side a HPS, as a standalone light source plasma seems fine for veg but some say lacks optimal PAR output for flowering. :( Meh, at this point I'm more interested in what CMH can do.

Seems CMH is being marketed as a "plasma killer," as seen here:

Ive been trying to have a search as well.. haha

I wonder though, if you did do a side by side test, you would have to choose only one of the Epap bulbs to use. Which bulb would you use?

I imagine the "day light" bulb?

And the bulb would have to be used from start to finish to properly compare.

Even though I havent seen the Plasma in flower, only veg, I do remember what the guy said when I questioned it (and he wasnt a light tech guy at all, just a result man)

He said "What do you think would grow better? A bulb indoor or putting your plant out in the sun?"  I replied with "The sun of course"

Of which he replied "Then why wouldn't you use a bulb that has the closest spectrum to the sun?"

Even understanding spectrum requirements that I understand for plant needs, I felt he did make a simple point.

That being said, I still want to see what these Epaps can do... it's exciting tech for all of us indoor gardeners all the same ;)

Peace!

Looks like you will be making a big saving if you have them imported from Europe. We're on the same electrical voltage. Just a change of plug needed or converter/adaptor. It would cost you about £800 austrailian dollars to buy and customs will charge you 10% on value fee and some other silly fee. It still brings it in under a $1000. I'm not sure if you feel it's worth the hassle of doing this. It's just a suggestion.

These look a good 600w bulb for supplement lighting https://monstergardens.com/Grow-Lighting/Bulbs-Grow-and-Bloom/Genesis-Bulbs?product_id=2270

Ive been trying to have a search as well.. haha

I wonder though, if you did do a side by side test, you would have to choose only one of the Epap bulbs to use. Which bulb would you use?

I imagine the "day light" bulb?

And the bulb would have to be used from start to finish to properly compare.

Even though I havent seen the Plasma in flower, only veg, I do remember what the guy said when I questioned it (and he wasnt a light tech guy at all, just a result man)

He said "What do you think would grow better? A bulb indoor or putting your plant out in the sun?"  I replied with "The sun of course"

Of which he replied "Then why wouldn't you use a bulb that has the closest spectrum to the sun?"

Even understanding spectrum requirements that I understand for plant needs, I felt he did make a simple point.

That being said, I still want to see what these Epaps can do... it's exciting tech for all of us indoor gardeners all the same ;)

Peace!

I agree, we know that plants can use spectrums of light outside of what a HID can produce. My ideal indoor grow would include a full spectrum grow light.

Edited by pegz

on the subject of which bulb to use so far my response would be the 930 (3000k) it will easily support both flower and grow, it is also the bulb im using this round in flower as a base guide but next round i suspect i will flower using only the 942 (4200k) as i suspect it may actually be the better bulb for resin production etc.

i think some people would have had trouble converting to the new tech if phillips didnt provide something that resembled a HPS spectrum for flower and i think the 930 lamp might have been there answer to that. the 942 lamp more closely resembles the old CMH spectrum which i loved so much so i suspect it is probably the better lamp but we will find that out next round, for now i will use the 930 and get a base idea of yield and flower potential.

• Upvote 1

Where to can I buy Philips cdm t lamps from????? Looking for Mastercolor CDM-T Elite 315W T12 CL Agro P

firstly do you realise you cant run this on a standard ballast? you will need to buy a ballast and it will most likely come with lamps. i got mine from my local hydro store not sure otherwise

Edited by forgetiwashere

i can throw up some pics but to be honest i have no idea what week it is. i very rarely keep track i just grow em until they are done unless im doing a strain test.

i can probably run back through some posts on another forum and find out though.

anyway this is where we are at

post-46013-0-06051700-1395991999_thumb.jpg

post-46013-0-57209400-1395992198_thumb.jpg

post-46013-0-67235700-1395992246_thumb.jpg

post-46013-0-77609800-1395992285_thumb.jpg

this strain is showing nice early resin, enough to rub some sugar leaves and get some smells.

my favourite one so far smells just like mandarins

EDIT:- week 2 of flower

Edited by forgetiwashere
  • Upvote 2