phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

Well look at the coverage of two 315w that equals 630w in total. Would one 600w light cover this much ground? I'm soo sold on these

is this your grow? or can you link me to that grow?

How does plasma compare to these?

never grown under a plasma so i couldnt tell for sure but statistically speaking these new lights are the better option and seeing as how they are being marketed as the "plasma killer" i guess they are supposed to be better? i dont know why plasma never really took off i have seen some cool grows, i think its just the expense of the plasma lights? although these arent cheap either and they are popping up in peoples grows all over the forums.

I've posted a link to a 376 page discussion about 315w grows here already. Unfortunately everyone is just posting pics of their grows there, rather than pacific detailed threads of their grows. If you google 315w cmh or lec or philips grow result images. You will see most of the pics for that thread rather than scrolling the whole way through it to find the images - This guy is gearing up to a amazing thread that will compare a 315w grow to a 1000w hps in a side by side documentation https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=269258&page=21 now that's a thread I will be buying popcorn for. When it starts I will post a link here

How does plasma compare to these?

is this your grow? or can you link me to that grow?

never grown under a plasma so i couldnt tell for sure but statistically speaking these new lights are the better option and seeing as how they are being marketed as the "plasma killer" i guess they are supposed to be better? i dont know why plasma never really took off i have seen some cool grows, i think its just the expense of the plasma lights? although these arent cheap either and they are popping up in peoples grows all over the forums.

I almost fell off my chair at the thought of somebody thinking that one of these 315w could be a Gavita "Plasma Killer" XD

This is the difference with a plasma bulb...

sulphur plasma

This is the 315w Phillips...

dpap spectrum

This is the Gavita Plasma...

gavita plasma

Plasma Killer...? lol

Peace

• Upvote 1

The problem with those Gavita plasma lamps is they are always sided with high wattage hps lamps to succeed in flower/full cycle. Reasons why I'm drawn towards the 315s is for the fact they are low wattage and of low temperature. How much of that light spectrum does the plant absorb? There is this big debate that the green spectrum is not needed when growing. It's like a good LED light that's designed just to provide the PAR needed rather than a hps that's on a constant energy waste. That said I have seen a auto flower thread where one guy got over 1000 grams from one plant whilst using a LEP 300 and two 600 watt Gavita Pros. (Co2 included)

1kg from an auto flower indoor grow, I'll believe that one when I see it. But yeah, I've also read plasma is best used as supplemental lighting for growing.

I just did proper google and found a few threads on plasma grows, I'll have to plow through them sometime.

1kg from an auto flower indoor grow, I'll believe that one when I see it. But yeah, I've also read plasma is best used as supplemental lighting for growing.

I just did proper google and found a few threads on plasma grows, I'll have to plow through them sometime.

https://www.autoflower.net/forums/f52/auto-ultimate-showcase-grow-party-dwc-dutch-pro-nutrients-26458.html

It certainly looks the part. Every bit of looks like a main colapost-53912-0-09180200-1395751213.jpg