phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

I almost fell off my chair at the thought of somebody thinking that one of these 315w could be a Gavita "Plasma Killer" XD

This is the difference with a plasma bulb...

This is the 315w Phillips...

This is the Gavita Plasma...

Plasma Killer...? lol

Peace

well if that nearly knocked you off your chair you better buckle up because the gavita 300LEP is pumping out a whopping 300umol of PAR. pretty impressive right.

the Phillips 315w LEC is pumping out  a whopping 600umol of PAR double that of the LEP and at half the price of the plasma.

i would consider that a plasma killer

heres a link to where you can download the datasheet for the LEP

http://www.gavita-holland.com/index.php/documentation-a-downloads/proline/prolinefixtures.html

and heres a link to the LEC data

http://www.epapillon.com/index.php/products/d-papillon

at the end of the day its all going to come down to PAR

Edited by forgetiwashere
  • Upvote 1

1kg from an auto flower indoor grow, I'll believe that one when I see it. But yeah, I've also read plasma is best used as supplemental lighting for growing.

I just did proper google and found a few threads on plasma grows, I'll have to plow through them sometime.

Yeah i'd like to see that too pegz......

Light Emitting Plasma lamps are great but lack the red in the range and are usually supplimented by HPS.

Both these systems are basically the same thing, except one uses sulpher plasma ball heated by microwaves and the other uses ceramics.

Even these LEC systems need 2 different bulbs for grow and flower.

Be interesting to see, HEAPS cheaper than LEP thats for sure.

Nibbler.

I believe you are right here, at the end of the day it is going to come down to "usable par"
I think even though we have a better understanding of what colors the plant actually uses for different stages of growth these days thanks to the technologies and advancements of companies like Gavita and Phillips.

After a mini epiphany,  I actually feel like a dick right now for "regurgitating" information about what a plant requires most when I am not a scientist at Gavita or Phillips (You may be) therefore I cannot be an authoritative in this matter and say what is truly correct.

I really do not want to sound like one of those internet heroes that comes into threads to argue points, I feel I may have done that so I will just explain my personal findings and not "technical analysis" ;)

I also feel like I have been bias due to previous "real world results"

I have only seen in person people use the Gavita Plasmas as a hardening light (not a flowering light) for plants to veg indoors and then go directly outdoor to hard sun with seamless transfer. I have never seen a Plasma used for flowering, in fact Im not sure it would be very good with my understanding.

These same people had access to the CMH technology over 18 months ago for the same purpose and found them to fall short quite a bit, thus moving over to Gavita Plasma and very content with the results. Their decisions are made via "proof is in the pudding" and not by technical specs.

This made me realize that tech specs do not equate to real world results, they are a guide.

At the end of the day, I leveled on the fact that Gavita was the brains of this new technology we have now, Philips had the manufacturing technology to make this a reality.

Gavita and Phillips work together and now have technology spreading both ways either plasma or LEC and judging by the real results of grows, both are coming up with fantastic results.

At the end of the day, the real results are the only thing that matters to all of us ;)

Im just going to sit back and watch the grows unfold :)

Peace!

I've posted a image and a link to the thread of the 1kg auto above. sorry its a small pic.

Dutch passion are releasing a new genetic called Auto-ultimate. It's a insane yielding plant. If you use the auto flower search engine and look at about five other Auto Ultimate grows. You will see other growers hitting the 16 oz mark. This guy is using co2 and the latest gavita lighting. So I'm not doubting he's hitting that weight. Because the others are using low watt LEDs.

So,  I can post a picture of a donkey rooting a canary..... doesn't mean it happened, or that it's real. We deal in real world grows here.

And whats the point of throwing soooo much work at one plant....to prove a yield point?

I can make a plant yield HUGE too if the pots big enough and you veg long enough and pump em with CO2.

And whats the point of breeding plants just for yield anyway? You don't appreciate tastes? You don't appreciate a better high? 

Do you guys even have the faintest idea what amazing sativas your missing out on smoking??

No, it's all about how fast, how much......

And this thread is about lighting not some auto growers hard on.

Nibbler.

Edited by The Hash Nibbler
  • Upvote 5

Hey forgetiwashere. Thanks once again for posting this thread. I've been really wanting to see one done with the 315s. I'm sorry for derailing it into another subject. I guess seeing without speaking is what I should be doing. Can't wait to see you go past the finish line and show us what these lights can do. Good luck :)

I believe you are right here, at the end of the day it is going to come down to "usable par"

I think even though we have a better understanding of what colors the plant actually uses for different stages of growth these days thanks to the technologies and advancements of companies like Gavita and Phillips.

After a mini epiphany,  I actually feel like a dick right now for "regurgitating" information about what a plant requires most when I am not a scientist at Gavita or Phillips (You may be) therefore I cannot be an authoritative in this matter and say what is truly correct.

I really do not want to sound like one of those internet heroes that comes into threads to argue points, I feel I may have done that so I will just explain my personal findings and not "technical analysis" ;)

I also feel like I have been bias due to previous "real world results"

I have only seen in person people use the Gavita Plasmas as a hardening light (not a flowering light) for plants to veg indoors and then go directly outdoor to hard sun with seamless transfer. I have never seen a Plasma used for flowering, in fact Im not sure it would be very good with my understanding.

These same people had access to the CMH technology over 18 months ago for the same purpose and found them to fall short quite a bit, thus moving over to Gavita Plasma and very content with the results. Their decisions are made via "proof is in the pudding" and not by technical specs.

This made me realize that tech specs do not equate to real world results, they are a guide.

At the end of the day, I leveled on the fact that Gavita was the brains of this new technology we have now, Philips had the manufacturing technology to make this a reality.

Gavita and Phillips work together and now have technology spreading both ways either plasma or LEC and judging by the real results of grows, both are coming up with fantastic results.

At the end of the day, the real results are the only thing that matters to all of us ;)

Im just going to sit back and watch the grows unfold :)

Peace!

Exactly right this thread isnt about which light is better anyway. I simply am lucky enough to have this lamp to play with so im getting it out there for all to see. So far im very happy with th results. I personally cant compare it to an lep as I have never used one

• Upvote 7

Hey forgetiwashere. Thanks once again for posting this thread. I've been really wanting to see one done with the 315s. I'm sorry for derailing it into another subject. I guess seeing without speaking is what I should be doing. Can't wait to see you go past the finish line and show us what these lights can do. Good luck :)

All input is welcomed and encouraged john. Dont worry about derailing, the thread might wander but im sure it will always find its way back on topic

So,  I can post a picture of a donkey rooting a canary..... doesn't mean it happened, or that it's real. We deal in real world grows here.

And whats the point of throwing soooo much work at one plant....to prove a yield point?

I can make a plant yield HUGE too if the pots big enough and you veg long enough and pump em with CO2.

And whats the point of breeding plants just for yield anyway? You don't appreciate tastes? You don't appreciate a better high? 

Do you guys even have the faintest idea what amazing sativas your missing out on smoking??

No, it's all about how fast, how much......

And this thread is about lighting not some auto growers hard on.

Nibbler.

About time, thanks Nibbler.

Tangwena

Well, I found our distro and wholesaler for the reflector:

http://www.exceldistributors.com.au/Excel-Hydroponics/Lighting/PHILIPS-d-Papillon-315-w-Plasma

http://www.stealth-garden.com/product/lighting/d-papillon-315w/

Credit goes to google.

As for plasma, I can find legit threads of Gavita plasma grows but only where its been used along side a HPS, as a standalone light source plasma seems fine for veg but some say lacks optimal PAR output for flowering. :( Meh, at this point I'm more interested in what CMH can do.

Seems CMH is being marketed as a "plasma killer," as seen here: