phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

http://epapillon.com      all the info you need is on here best lights i have used ever...............i just received my dpaps from outside in in hydro in NSW give them a call. super excited

so have you completed a grow with them yet or did you just get them? just curious because you say best lights you have ever used but also state you just got them?

also what price are outside in selling these for?

also your fav lighting is listed as 4 x 600w so im just curious are these replacing those and if so how many are you getting in order to replace the 4 x 600w

EDIT:- i have also noted that in february you stated you bought the 1000w epap? were you not happy with that light and how does this light compare to that

Edited by forgetiwashere

hey mate Im running 2 x epapillon 1000w that i purchased previously in feb.  and have just received my dpapillon that i will be running underneath 4 plants in 50l pots in a 3x3 room.

I was a strong believer in 600w digital ballasts i have used nanos and lumateks normally run 4 i have dropped this down to 2 of the 1000w epaps instead i like the double ended 1000w and if it gets to hot i dim them down to 600w

the only draw back i have found is that you have to at least run the 1000w epaps at 1mtr away from your canopy as they are intense.

I'm happy with my purchase i like to try new things so i guess its up 2 you.

Im still keen to see how you come up yield wise forgetiwashere ;)

CMH gives better quality no doubt at the expense of yield with hps in most cases (hopefully around the 20% mark)

I like the spectrum and the fact the 315w kicks out 200umol, but the fact it is still 315w worth of "flower power" is what puts me on the fence?

3x 315w LEC vs Gavita 1000w DE (and prices) would be a nice test... ^^

But thankyou for the journal, enjoying the progress ;)

Peace.

Im still keen to see how you come up yield wise forgetiwashere ;)

CMH gives better quality no doubt at the expense of yield with hps in most cases (hopefully around the 20% mark)

I like the spectrum and the fact the 315w kicks out 200umol, but the fact it is still 315w worth of "flower power" is what puts me on the fence?

3x 315w LEC vs Gavita 1000w DE (and prices) would be a nice test... ^^

But thankyou for the journal, enjoying the progress ;)

Peace.

hey obliterated,

honestly i wouldnt put these in the same class as a HPS or the old CMH, i used to use the old CMH and these are far and away better, they are also far and away better than any HPS i have used. the 315w had me worried at first too and i was tempted to run 2 together because i used to have to run 2 x 400w CMH in the same space before to get the same results im getting now with 315w.

as for the 3 x 315w versus the gavita 1000w im guessing the 2 x 315's would be more than enough to run against the 1000w gavita.

this really is the little lamp that could. i speak to a few other growers online using these same lamps and every single person i have spoken to that has tried them has been blown away, most growers are getting the magical gram per watt without even trying.

stick around though i will give an honest yield at the end to show what these can do. i dont think i will hit the lb mark but i will definitely be over the gram per watt.

• Upvote 2

I totally agree =)

Ever since Gavita and Phillips got into bed together, it has really changed the lighting market for growers result wise.

For me the Greenpower DE bulb/Gavita feedback I was getting just couldnt be true when I first heard it.

I Love my Solis Teks to death, but experienced growers were telling me that just changing from a digital 1000w HPS bulb to a Gavita 1000w DE that they had doubled yields was hard to believe. And now I see consistent results like this all due to new lighting technology.

There are things that are "re-writing" the book as we know it at the moment and is very exciting! ultimately the 'proof is always in the pudding'

So you are right, it may just be 300w, but lets see what the little train can do ;)

Forgive me if you have already stated previously, but what was the light footprint at what height for the 315w for an even 200umol s/ft spread?

Website states it covers a 1m x 2m at 276umol/sqm but at what height?

Also I re read and noticed you used to run a Solis Tek 1000w MH 6k for flower?
How do these perform?
And how is it performing against the 315w?

Peace!

Edited by obliterated