phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

I too am impressed by your frosty nugs  fiwh :D

Been great seeing what 1 315 watt could do.

How many hours running  before you need to replace the lamp ?

from what im reading the life expectancy before lamp failure is the same as a HPS but the difference is HPS lose efficiency very quickly which is why its recommended to replace them every couple of grows but the CMH lamps dont lose efficiently as quickly and are still good to go at 8000hrs of use which if you veg for 4 weeks flower for 8 is around 8 grows or 2 years approx. we will see though

OMFG!!! seriously frosty nugs DUDE!!! 

cant say i've seen anything like it.. well done!!!

id sell my soul for a sample.. hahahahahaha!

Peace

Vape

you can keep your soul just go grab a pack of dream beaver before they sell out because they wont be rereleased. or come to Mardi Grass next year. im definitely going next year no matter what and i will be bringing bags of all my favourite strains from my collection

Ok, been looking and researching. The bulb in the D-Pap is the one below as far as I can tell. Can't seem to find anyone here in Oz selling them, fucking shame. Overseas US $85, UK found 1 at around 110 Pound, Euro 110 Euro.

This site ( http://www.gogrowhydroponics.co.uk/plant-lighting/bulbs/d-papillon-315w-agro-bulb/ ) is selling them as Mastercolor CDM-T Elite 315W T12 CL Agro P. The only possible matched product from Phillips official site  products line up is the bulb below.

This is the bulb:-

http://www.ecat.lighting.philips.com.au/l/lamps/high-intensity-discharge-lamps/outdoor-ceramic-white-light/mastercolour-cdm-t-elite-mw/928601167330_eu/#pdp_leaflets_anchor

Adapters run around $3.50 - $10

+ ballast and reflector of your choice.

Edited by ZEN2U

Here's a kicker, just rang and talked to Philips Au of the phone. No wonder nobody is selling them in Au, the bastards are discountiued. The nice lady on the phone was not familiar with the range, but had a lovely comp to tell her her shit and is not aware of a replacement line of products.

So I suppose the overseas ones are in limited supply, unless they are only discontinued in good old Aussie. Slowly beats head against the wall. FFS

Edited by ZEN2U

Not what the nice lady at Philips Australia told me at all on the telephone today when I spoke to her. I rang to enquire who in Australia sold the bulbs. I'd looked long enough for an Australian outlet where the bulbs could be purchased, so rather look any farther, I went straight to the manufacturer. Overseas have ballasts and adapters as well as bulbs.

I even went so far as to give the nice lady this:- 928601167330, which is the product order number for the bulb. So as to not confuse the bulb with another.

If this really upsets you that much, ring Philips Australia. Phone numbers is 1300 304404. Please feel free to call and correct me if I'm wrong. I will be quite glad to be wrong on this occasion. My son is interested in this sort of a set up, but not at outragious prices locally that can be beat overseas

Edited by ZEN2U

it doesnt upset me im just letting you know these are certainly not discontinued. the confusion may be that phillips themselves arent selling them here maybe. im pretty sure the company bringing these to Australia is lights interaction or stealth garden or something?

ask at your local hydro store they will most likely point you in the right direction.

and you are right they are very expensive and can be found much cheaper overseas. im not sure what the cost would be of posting a ballast would be but it may indeed work out a lot cheaper to import them. i know i have seen them in the states for $600 US

Edited by forgetiwashere

You are correct Zen2u,

Phillips Australia has no interest in the horticulture market when it comes to bulbs and never will be.

We ran the 385w about 4 years ago with good success, but yes you have to order from another country.

The only reason Phillips has made this 315w is because somebody at Phillips found out "Hey, this bulb isnt to bad on plants" and then redesigned a new bulb (the 315w) which only works with their own ballast (LI).

By phasing out the old cmh, you can only buy THEIR ballast to fit THEIR bulb (In comes Lights Interaction)... subsequently cornering the CMH market in horticulture for this bulb style. 

On a recent note to give you an idea of Phillips Australia, we use a specialty bulb importer to bring in these kinds of products from overseas.
The 2ft fluro batten lights found in T5 cfl cloning hoods are readily available in Greencolor  4K and 3.5K @ around $9 per bulb
But when inquiring about this bulb in 6.5K... They are an "Indent item" for Philips Australia and must be imported by the box from the US @ $20 per bulb =/

My advice is if you are seeking horticulture lamps from Philips, dont bother looking in Aus, just go directly to Phillips USA and save yourself the trouble.
Occasionally their may be a hydroponic wholesaler who brings in a particular lamp in bulk, thus making it cheaper to buy here than there... but this is generally a rarity. Contact large wholesalers like DOME or Stealth Garden directly and if they cant help out, go direct to the source ;)

Cheers!

Edited by obliterated

I did specify in post 144 that Australia may be ommitted from getting this bulb forgetiwashere, the reason I was beating my head against the wall. It would not be the first time for this type of thing has occurred.

Cheers Obliterated, this is one case in which I was hoping to be wrong. Was already thinking US for any equipment because of the exchange rates compared to Europe.

Wonder how long before the Chinese build a copy ballast, if they haven't already. When I looked up the adapter for the bulb to a E40 the first 2 pages are just Chinese exporters wanting to sell them.

During my hours of reading on this bulb, it seems that it does perform way beyound its 315W rating. Particularly when it throws out over 500Umol/m2/sec. Alot of conjecture about it, but 500Umol is rated by some to be around the optimum. Couldn't find any science papers to support this view though, so I don't know for sure. You have to love that 315W power rating though, who gives a rats about a few grams lose if it occurrs, I'd take the cover any time.