phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

I totally agree =)

Ever since Gavita and Phillips got into bed together, it has really changed the lighting market for growers result wise.

For me the Greenpower DE bulb/Gavita feedback I was getting just couldnt be true when I first heard it.

I Love my Solis Teks to death, but experienced growers were telling me that just changing from a digital 1000w HPS bulb to a Gavita 1000w DE that they had doubled yields was hard to believe. And now I see consistent results like this all due to new lighting technology.

There are things that are "re-writing" the book as we know it at the moment and is very exciting! ultimately the 'proof is always in the pudding'

So you are right, it may just be 300w, but lets see what the little train can do ;)

Forgive me if you have already stated previously, but what was the light footprint at what height for the 315w for an even 200umol s/ft spread?

Website states it covers a 1m x 2m at 276umol/sqm but at what height?

Also I re read and noticed you used to run a Solis Tek 1000w MH 6k for flower?

How do these perform?

And how is it performing against the 315w?

Peace!

i cant say what level umol im actually getting at canopy height because i dont have the approriate meter but i can say at 15" im getting easy coverage of 1m x 1m nd i bet it could easily cover a much wider area. the reflector is a work of art and really does a great job.

also i wasnt flowering under the 6k just vegging, with the 1000w i used either solistek, sylvania gro lux or gavita HPS for flower.

Buying a new meter is on the cards.... pity it costs as much as a gavita haha
I jumped back on the E pap website calculator and calculated again

Perfect saturation is around 1000umol p/sqm

With CO2, 1500umol p/sqm is possible

Despite apples and oranges of cmh & hps:

The D pap calculator states that an area of 1m x 1m with 1x 315w Epap = 552umol p/sqm

My Gavita 1000w DE has a footprint of 4ft x 6ft and puts out 1000umol p/sqm

If I used D Pap 315w LEC's in the same space, I would need 4x D Paps (1360w) and still end up at 990umol p/sqm

So I would have to use 4x D Pap 315w's to equal my 1x Gavita 1000w DE

To get a 1000umol p/sqm with 1x 315w, the footprint would need to be 2.5ft x 2.5ft... which seems pissy?

But like I said, Im not against the E pap.... just cant math out how it could be better apart from spectrum.... proof is in the pudding ;)

My Gavita was $650, I dont know what the E paps are worth yet... but this is my quandy..

What are your thoughts?

P.S. I didnt mean to create a "numbers" post, was just my thoughts for discussion... your end results are the real truth ;)

Peace.

Edited by obliterated

the D-paps are near double what you paid for your gavita. pricey!

i guess it really depends on your space a lot too. i was never really happy with a 1000w, too much heat and i had too much wasted headroom because i had to keep the light so high above my tops. my space really was too small for 1000w. i think if you were doing big rooms then 1000w's would still be the go

the D-paps are near double what you paid for your gavita. pricey!

i guess it really depends on your space a lot too. i was never really happy with a 1000w, too much heat and i had too much wasted headroom because i had to keep the light so high above my tops. my space really was too small for 1000w. i think if you were doing big rooms then 1000w's would still be the go

Bang for buck I have always been scratching my head with the Pap's.... 1 Pap p/sqm

But if you have a small personal grow and you are happy with the results for the money... then stick with it 100% ;)

Anyway, Im going to kick back again and enjoy your lovely progress photos <3

Peace!

A picture paints a thousand words, numbers and figures aside, they looking bloody amazing for 315w mate, you have struck gold there.

Tangwena

thanks tangwena, im absolutely loving everything about this grow from the strain to the lighting its all just been a wonderful experience

yeah that is the same light, different reflector obviously and probably a different ballast too i would imagine but basically it is the same lamp