phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

Noice ;)

We were not looking for yield, we just a personal little comp going with the other boys to get the frostiest possible top lol *reminiscences*

I think I won that actually with a pretty little Ms Universe and a shitload of Canna Boost! haha  talk about a glass rose ;)

At least there are guys looking for the performance without the pricetag, getting 4 of these running for under $1000 would be pretty cool stuff ;)

I can still only see these as being worthwhile for personal only/medical... Im just not convinced they give enough punch?

Speaking of punch... how are the ladies forgetiwashere? Any new pics/progress? 

Im very keen to see them fluff :P

Peace!

i will post pics this weekend before i chop. plants are looking great with some going really purple and mega frosty. what im really impressed with is lower bud development. trimmed weight will be the proof in the pudding but you really dont need to worry about these not packing punch. i know of a few large scale commercial growers in the states switching over to these smaller lamps over larger lamps simply for heat control and power savings while still getting great results. once you start adding it up over the long term these are a great investment. more so in the states where they are a little cheaper.

Have youse checked out their 'maxi hood' or something like that on the stealth gdn site-it a giant thing, dual socket.

peace. faith

yeah i have seen these in person and i can say they are absolutely huge. i couldnt imagine ever having one in my garden but yeah it was impressive to behold.

Edited by forgetiwashere

There appears to be no Nutrient in the cost analysis, that said, even at $1/gram(approx. $57K/year turnover) , you would still make a small profit after a year. But in the second year there would be a big drop in the start up equipment costs(excluding equipment failure). All at a rough glance without a thorough look at it.

Would be a good side business if legal and you had a licence.

Their projected returns are based on $5.13/gram approx.

Edited by ZEN2U

You have to refigure the light power costs, which I did at $0.30/KWH, for each crop. There is money there in the first year, but it would increase from the second year without the need to invest in the initial equipment. This is all if you charged it at $1/gram. If you extrapalate the figures to say $6/gram, these things would make you a small fortune in no time flat.

I reckon that's how this whole thing got so stuffed....barzids putting dollar signs on everything.  It is free to anyone who cultivates, or is gifted the medicine. ICannabis is not a commodity like 'water' 'shelter' 'food'  (coppin the irony?) That is a fundamental Truth.  The $ signs are world fuckery imo...but that's what they teach us to base our decisions on, $ bottom line and that's plain evil. 

Awesome light but  :bonghit:

faith :sun:

Twho fo these 315w lights are looking like they could be a nice start point for a noob to begin with, especially the Chinese ballasts to keep costs down. Wondering though re: Chinese Ballasts...are they safe? Would hate to burn the shed down...insurance might frown slightly. Anyone talk from experience?