phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

Moonie I have one of these which I got from Glandore Hydro... mate I am on my second grow and have nothing but praise for the lamp... no stretch just solid growth and tight flowers. thumbs up

D

Out of curiousity what size area are you flowering under it? if a single does a 1x1m, does a double cover a 1x2m? or is it a square footprint like 1.5x1.5 but more intense or something...?

Nice one, I bit the bullit & ordered a double D-papillon 630w, $1300, yew!

Not a bad price for a double really. Considering its costing me like $710 for a sunsystems 315 shipped from the US, depending on the coverage of the Double d-papillon it might actually be cheaper getting 2 of those for my 2x2m tent, and chucking the sun system 315 in the veg tent with a 942 bulb on a light mover.

Footprint doesnt depend on the lamp it is mostly the reflector. Sure a double lamped reflector is going to be brighter and allow you to run the reflector a little higher increasing footprint but for anything over 1.2m x1.2m you are really going to have to look at getting a whole extra light. 4 a 2m x 2m I would be grabbing 4 of the 315w.

I wouldnt bother with the doubles unless I was running co2 or something like that. The singles have proven themselves to me over and over to let the plants be all they can be. I highly doubt there would be any significant gain from running the dual fixture.Almost certainly not enough to wareant the extra electricity. In my opinion the money would be better spent getting a second 315w and adding snother 1m square of grow space doubling your yield.

I personally think the double fittings are just a money grab. A commercial answer to a market that thinks bigger watts equals bigger buds. If my plants are reaching there full potential under the 315w and I believe they are then adding an extra 315w isnt going to make them perform any better.

Footprint doesnt depend on the lamp it is mostly the reflector. Sure a double lamped reflector is going to be brighter and allow you to run the reflector a little higher increasing footprint but for anything over 1.2m x1.2m you are really going to have to look at getting a whole extra light. 4 a 2m x 2m I would be grabbing 4 of the 315w.

I wouldnt bother with the doubles unless I was running co2 or something like that. The singles have proven themselves to me over and over to let the plants be all they can be. I highly doubt there would be any significant gain from running the dual fixture.Almost certainly not enough to wareant the extra electricity. In my opinion the money would be better spent getting a second 315w and adding snother 1m square of grow space doubling your yield.

I personally think the double fittings are just a money grab. A commercial answer to a market that thinks bigger watts equals bigger buds. If my plants are reaching there full potential under the 315w and I believe they are then adding an extra 315w isnt going to make them perform any better.

Yeah for some reason in my head I had an image of sort of 2 of the dpap reflectors with the ballasts in the middle and the bulbs pointing away from each other. I had a look at them and its basically jamming 2 bulbs into the same reflector as the 315. I'm pretty happy with my Sun System 315 vertical so far. Probably replace all my LED's with these over the course of a few months.

Sorry I didnt mean to detract from anyones purchases. I have a habit of foot in mouth.

Im sure the doubles are awesome. Probably not thr direction I would have gone but then the beauty of growing is everyone finds there own way. Im actually excited to see what you guys do with the doubles. Maybe im wrong and the doubles will be the best thing since sliced bread

• Upvote 2

post-55784-0-67857100-1425731844_thumb.jpg

Got two of these puppy's ( sk450 LED spectrum kings ) yet to set up my kit, My plan is:

An sk450 on each side ( for side penetration ) Going to split my 630w double D Papillion into

two seperate lights ie: two 315w Papillions & Have them above. I have a 4 x 3.5 m room to deck out. Going to seal room and run Co2 bottle with regulator, have regulator on a timer ect. Have access to Big Bud & Blue Cheese clones, apparently they

are high yield strains. Hopefully my first grow will be a successful one. Any tips or opinions would be appreciated.