phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

It definately makes sense that more light will give more growth up to a point and past that point there will be diminishing returns. It all gets a bit too complicated to me though when you start trying to measure light. Coz i dont think Lux tells the full story... you gotta take into consideration the quality of the light or the par or whatever and the wavelengths.

I'm more impressed by grows that yield high with low light. I wanna see a pound from 3 candles and a picture of the sun lol

lol LoL lol

Looking forward to your grow diary on that one ! lol

yeah par seems to be the way to measure light & LED's are showing some interesting results with distance to canopy & spectrum  

But in a small HID space , as long as you stick to the 1 light meter, what ever that is, it will give an idea of what's happening with light in your

space , even if it's just to tell you it reads more in one corner of the space than the other so move more plants to or away from that corner 

:thisbig:

Breaking News................................................

My guy informs me that someone has duplicated the D-Paps 315W with a special adaptor and digital ballast......

Upon serious inquiries it was Suggested that the Chinese had reverse engineered or duplicated the adaptor and ballast...hehe...Surprise...Surprise.

The possible good news is that they are a lot cheaper.... Half price at least $5-600.00 ... Dropping in store next week to visually verify and check it out.

If it's a cheaper alternative, then "well & good"... At least we are not buying off EBay with no guarantees ...............???

Give you a verdict next week ... Stay tuned.

ps... Only possible downside is that a bit of DYI is required to make your own shade setup... Ok Not hard , but don't forget there are a lot of growers out there that don't know how

to recharge a cordless drill....... Just saying... << No prejudice

Get back to you ASAP .......With a visual and maybe possible purchase report.......... lol

:thisbig:

Breaking News................................................

My guy informs me that someone has duplicated the D-Paps 315W with a special adaptor and digital ballast......

Upon serious inquiries it was Suggested that the Chinese had reverse engineered or duplicated the adaptor and ballast...hehe...Surprise...Surprise.

The possible good news is that they are a lot cheaper.... Half price at least $5-600.00 ... Dropping in store next week to visually verify and check it out.

If it's a cheaper alternative, then "well & good"... At least we are not buying off EBay with no guarantees ...............???

Give you a verdict next week ... Stay tuned.

ps... Only possible downside is that a bit of DYI is required to make your own shade setup... Ok Not hard , but don't forget there are a lot of growers out there that don't know how

to recharge a cordless drill....... Just saying... << No prejudice

Get back to you ASAP .......With a visual and maybe possible purchase report.......... lol

The biggest turn off for me after the sticker price for these lights is that they don't look like they could be easily adapted to cool tubes or an air cooled hood.  If they can be run like that now and are retailing for half the price I know what I'm getting for Christmas :D

Edited by weeping angel

Here is a video of my grow under a 630 watt dPapillon... I have nothing but praise for this luminere.

"D"

http://dai.ly/x366eu6

That's a nice lookin SCROG you got goin there Distiller. Very nice.

Moons ago I was using a flexible trailer net as my scrog net. But like you found my plant pushing the netting up.

Due to this I built a steel frame with adjustable legs, a bit like a table frame minus the table top. Where the table top would go, I covered in steel 100mm sq fencing netting. Due to the weight of the SCROG table there is no upward growth and training is very easy. Just don't be weaving the growth thru the netting, if its weaved its a bitch come harvest trying to remove buds without bashing them up.

I've also found that as those buds get heavier and heavier the stems have a bit of a problem holding the bud weight and also need support. Some people use bits of string to hold the buds upright but that's not possible for my setup as my lights rotate around my grow space, suspended from the roof. So to support those growing buds I use 2 trailer nets at 2 different levels, stretched from corner to corner on extensions from my table legs. Here's a couple of scribbles (Drawings) of my table

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/17476-rough-sketch-steel-table/

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/17477-mud-map-of-room/

Notice the table doesn't fill ALL of the room. This allows me a clear access to the plant

And in this pic in the bottom left corner you can just make out the cabling of the trailer net supporting the weighty buds

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/10059-3/

So anyway, that's how I overcame that upward pressure on the netting.

I'm liking the look of those lights. I have a few older HPS ballasts from mates who gave up but they will certainly be on my 'to get list' when the time arrives.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n

:twiddle:

Distiller great vids m8...........

Just picked up a pair of the 630 W Papillion's and am using them in conjunction with the 315 d-Paps..

The 630 e- Paps are 2 X 315 watt globes combined and the result is even better to a degree....More umols..<<< light emission

Results are extraordinary so far............. Pics to follow