phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

First post !!! WOOHOO, I just bought one on the solid advice of the forum...I am curious do you guys run a timer and if so what kind of timer would you run? I have been running LED my entire growing career, a little nervous about ballasts etc, don't want to start a fire!!

First post !!! WOOHOO, I just bought one on the solid advice of the forum...I am curious do you guys run a timer and if so what kind of timer would you run? I have been running LED my entire growing career, a little nervous about ballasts etc, don't want to start a fire!!

:good:

Welcome aboard 00jsd.

Did you get the 315W or the 630W Dual version?

Either way you made a very good choice.

The 315W runs very cool, heat isn't a problem.

I run off an HPM analogue Heavy Duty timer

Wouldn't worry about the ballasts which are built in........ Got more chance of your television starting a fire lol

Haha thanks Stanley for your quick response....yeah been lurking for ages, must have read through this thread (all 46 pages) three times before pulling the trigger haha. Only have a 1x1 space so 315W is more than enough for me!! I noticed glandore were selling a kit which included these and included a JBL Heavy Duty 10 AMP with builtin 30AMP relay so I figured they must work !!! I might grab on of those !!

• Upvote 1

Wow nailed it, looks pro!!! Well done, pots on castors and everything. I have been scared of HID lighting for years, all the talk of fires, etc scared the shit out of me. I ran Area 51 LED, and it is seriously good light for an 80 x 80 space, but you need serious canopy management due to LED penetration, even with 5W diodes, that being said I managed to pull 1g/Watt with the Area 51 on 3 plants in an 80x80, but the buds lack the density of pro american top shelf bud, and I am spoilt rotten now and need to up my game haha.

Then I read this thread as was sold!! I have issues with heat in QLD for about 8 months of the year, so these d paps hopefully I should be able to grow through summer (when people say LED dont generate heat...they do!!! at least +5C on ambient) I suspect it will be fairly similar with the D PAP.

• Upvote 1

:good:

Welcome aboard 00jsd.

Did you get the 315W or the 630W Dual version?

Either way you made a very good choice.

The 315W runs very cool, heat isn't a problem.

I run off an HPM analogue Heavy Duty timer

Wouldn't worry about the ballasts which are built in........ Got more chance of your television starting a fire lol

Is it an issue running the light off an extension cord ? I cant seem to find a solid answer. The power point is just a little too far away, its got its own dedicate point, but its 5 meters away!

Is it an issue running the light off an extension cord ? I cant seem to find a solid answer. The power point is just a little too far away, its got its own dedicate point, but its 5 meters away!

:twiddle:

Never had any issues with extensions........... You are only pulling 315W  so any overdraw or risk is reduced....

If using a very long extension lead it's best to uncoil it fully.....