I have an experiment going as well. Went to two hydro shops and asked if it was in stock. ( I was actually looking for something else but thought I would ask while I was there) It was quite funny as at first neither shop knew about it. Then after a bit of explaining what it is about they both vaguely remembered someone dropping off samples but had forgotten about it. Both had it sitting out the back so they aren't interested in promoting it. Neither had a clue as to what the stuff costs or will retail at.

One shop gave me two samples and the other one gave me six and kept a couple for themselves.

For the tests I made up five equal sizes of buds even keeping the mix of big/small buds the same,

The first lot I soaked the Cellonbind in the mixture. this will be fast dried. 

The second lot I also soaked the Cellonbind in the mixture. this will be dried naturally.

The third lot sprayed  the Cellobind mix on it.

And I made up two control lots to see what the difference comes to.

I figure one 200ml bottle of Cellobind mixed 50/50 with water as they recommend will do roughly 2lb of wet buds ....  and no I don't have that much lol but I do have a bit to put away for a few months so I'm interested to see if it does do what they are promoting it as.

The weight of the actual Cellobind is 230 grams and I figure the water will evaporate so 115 grams  would be as much weight that would be added to 1lb or 7grams an ounce. Pretty excessive in my view but as the Cellobind comes in liquid form that will most likely drop by at least half again.

I will keep you posted on what happens.

I’ve done the same thing. Wasn’t about to put anything on my precious crystals before doing some experiments first.

I got the same thing – on a plate it went really sticky and thick before turning hard and dry, just a little sticky to the touch now. It’s transparent, not white

Scraped off the plate and got 35.2grams of dry residue from 100ml. Therfore I conclude 1/3 weight will go on from 1L. I bet this shit is going to be stupid expensive

EXPERIMENT

I pre weighed two amounts of wet buds 50g each.

The first I dried as per usual. This left me with 11.4g of premium dried white rhino

The second I soaked with © at a half-half dilution with bottled spring water, fuck using tap water from my suburb!

These have dried to 16.1g. Impressive I have to say..

I cant really tell to two apart unless I handle them, the cellobind stuff is firmer to the touch. Maybe the cellobind stuff is just slightly darker but its hard to tell because the buds are different sizes. I’ll upload some pics

Decided to risk smoking it as my brother reckons hemp cellobiose fiber is exactly the same as what’s in the stem of the buds. It’s how they make products out of hemp etc

Smokes up the same – zero taste difference between the two

Just to make sure I did a billy blindfold test with a mate neither of us can tell the difference.  Surprised cos I’m familiar with my strain and can usually tell the difference between flushed and not flushed

Can someone do an oxidation test or something? Any scientists out there? What about just sticking buds in the freezer? Thoughts..?

Edited by peterdpiper
  • Upvote 1

The tests I'm running aren't quite finished yet but from what I see the stuff is crap and hope no one else will waste good weed by using it.

Hey cyclops why what has happened? - and thanks for the heads up man,i was about to try it on mine you've just saved me the hassle.

Edited by conch

Yo doc did you find it made your buds firmer to the touch?

Just guessing here - but i think the reason why its so different on the plate is its not what its been designed for. The stuff on my plate dried to a tacky/sticky layer but it was a good 2-3mm thick from memory and took a while to dry like this.

So if you think about how much surface area a bud has... with all the trichomes etc then the layer is way thinner and dries way quicker. Im assuming its about getting the most coverage per/ml?

Sorry ive been meaning to upload the pics of comparison buds, just dont want to do it from my phone.. will upload as soon as i get the chance.

btw, im not endorsing this product because going from the blind taste tests i did , if i cant even tell if its on my own buds (go figure as the shits in hemp) then theres no way ill be able to tell if its on something i might buy from a dealer - which concerns me.

And whats the go with the silica? someone mentioned it on here before but the post has gone? I didnt get any with the sample bottle...wtf