If for some reason you constantly over dry your buds cellobind is unlikely to help as all it does is put a coating on the buds which then require drying anyway.  Being a preservative all it will do is hold the buds together so they don't crumble as much and make it harder for any remaining moisture to escape which is all good and well is you are concerned with such things as weight, bag appeal and the ability to store big enough stashes to justify buying cellobind for extended periods of time.  For everyone else though paying a bit more attention and care to your buds after harvesting can achieve the same result and in a world where people really are after us and the larger our yields the more they want us products like cellobind have no place in the consumer market at all.

• Upvote 3

If for some reason you constantly over dry your buds cellobind is unlikely to help as all it does is put a coating on the buds which then require drying anyway.  Being a preservative all it will do is hold the buds together so they don't crumble as much and make it harder for any remaining moisture to escape which is all good and well is you are concerned with such things as weight, bag appeal and the ability to store big enough stashes to justify buying cellobind for extended periods of time.  For everyone else though paying a bit more attention and care to your buds after harvesting can achieve the same result and in a world where people really are after us and the larger our yields the more they want us products like cellobind have no place in the consumer market at all.

its a wetcure product right. wouldnt be trying to put it on already dry buds...

i like the liquid N idea

Edited by habilitate

Hahahaha. Um, if ur really worried about oxidation why wouldn’t you just store ur stash in liquid nitrogen?? ;s

very funny. where would u get it? i dont think its so easy to come by dude.

It easy to get moisture back into over dried buds man , you dont need that shit to try and keep them dying out  .

One of the plants i dried out this year i left to long and buds just crumbled when touch . I just chuck a bit of stem of a canna plant into the jars and the buds got enough moisture from that. 

There are a few tricks to get a bit moisture into over dried buds and cost nothing with 0 risk to health

yeah i know that trcik but it doesnt really work very well for me. tho i used a lettuce leaf i think.

i for one cant see the harm in trying it out seeing the sample i was given was free. pity they dont give you a larger quantity. ive been doing some research online and the reality is downright frightening. i had no idea THC is pretty much fucked from the moment the plant makes it. most of us are consuming the oxidised products of the active drug - which are kind of inactive, sedative or anti-inflammatory. stay tuned

Edited by kilindi

Very interesting product. Seems to have been designed with a fair bit of science behind it. Cellobiose doesn't appear to have an even remotely toxic profile. The way I see it is that applying this product to buds to prevent oxidation is analagous to applying sunscreen to ourselves to prevent getting burnt...except that sunscreen is probably toxic! So has anyone here used it yet?

If you store your buds properly oxidation is a non-issue.  Assuming you can't handle that slight bit of degradation and want to use cellobind though its fair to assume that curing your stash is now impossible to do.  Cellobind is a preservative that gets used on freshly harvested buds which MUST then be quick dried to prevent the buds from rotting away.  You may have every trich intact and have pgr weights in a non-pgr bud but think about the quality of the final product and ask yourself if its really worth it...

• Upvote 4

Hey guys, after seeing this thread a couple of weeks back my curiosity was raised.

I managed to dig up this research paper relevant to the topic.

There does actually appear to be scientific justification for a product that can protect THC.

2012 The Influence of Long-term Storage Conditions on the Stability of Cannabinoids derived from Cannabis Resin.pdf

• Upvote 1

That pdf doesn't justify using preservatives on cannabis in the slightest.  All it says is that there in a natural breakdown of the cannabinoids which was hastened with shitty storage conditions.   Now I guess you could argue that products like cellobind will give you greater freedom of storage options, will make the buds last longer, etc. but why would any personal grower ever consider using them when a simple glass jar provides the perfect storage environment?  You could never argue that potency alone justifies using them as the side effects from quick drying and not being able to cure are far worse than a second bong hit.  I just can't see any reason at all how products like cellobind could be suitable for personal growers which is what makes this product so evil.  Its very existence isn't about preserving a personal stash but instead allowing commercial growers to further rip people off when they're already hurting people so badly.

• Upvote 5