Preserving seeds in honey

lol ok, violets... violets don't need anything to get them rooting but a bit of water. Sorry to say it but your Mum was wasting the honey.

If you google honey vs indole butric you'll find the first test I did a few years ago with cannabis cuttings.

lol , I said it helps by reducing infection and disease. This helps increase success rates.

You can get most plants to root in water , Marijuana is no harder.

Rooting hormones and gels are a modern invention

• Upvote 1

lol Nah, rooting hormones have been around as long as there have been plants... if you want a 'natural' rooting assistant, willow twigs (about as thick as a pencil) steeped in water for a week - use the water.

I'm going to leave it here, really don't think anything more productive will come from the engagement...

Sorry Razzles don't know anything germinating seed after it has been stored in honey. I expect in earlier times seed would have been stored in honey for eating rather than for later germination... might be an idea though to stick some in honey and leave them there for awhile.

• Upvote 3