The stuff is like molasses, very sticky, I dripped some on tiles and ended up with very sticky tacky floors and it took very hot water to clean it off.

The trays I use for drying ended up with a very sticky whitish colored substance on them, again bloody hard to clean off :(

I did two tests, one I sprayed it on the buds, the other I soaked the buds.

The buds I sprayed were much more natural looking and felt ok. One thing I noticed was little white specks appeared on the buds, at first I thought it must be some kind of mold but it's not, it's residue from the cellobind.

The buds I soaked in cellobind are darker and more brittle to touch but softish on the inside,

The aroma of the buds was gone and It's a bitch to dry properly no matter how much I try and dry these they stay spongy.

It's also difficult to mull up,the taste is harsher but the stone effect is unchanged  however I will say more about that in a few days after I have a go at curing the buds.

As for weight added,

Control sample wet, 70 grams dried to 18
70 grams sprayed with cellobind dried to 21, a gain in weight of 3 grams.
70 grams soaked in cellobind dried to 23 a gain in weight of 5 grams.

Peterdpiper's buds ended up with more weight from the cellobind but maybe they weren't dried as much as mine.

If I was going to use this stuff (which I won't) I would only spray it on the the buds.

I could pick it straight away if anyone turned up with cellobind buds but probably only because I have played around with it.

Silica wasn't mentioned to me either.

The tests I'm running aren't quite finished yet but from what I see the stuff is crap and hope no one else will waste good weed by using it.

Hey I tried it with silica gel anyway and its fine. Got similar results to Pdpiper. Hmmmm...reckon consistancy problem...?

Since yous are all trying to figure out whats in it can someone do a taste test to detect the presence of glucose please.

Thanks

I dipped my finger, didnt really taste of anything. Anyone else try theirs?

Like many here I’ve been watching this thread with interest. Its taken me several attempts to get this stuff right. Don’t bother fucking around with single buds its finicky and the shit gets everywhere and dries unevenly. Also the samples bottles are too small. 3 bottles and 3 trips to the shop…hardly ideal as the back entrance is even sketchier than the front and the mofos at the shop are reluctant to give out more than 1 per customer even tho iv spent a fortune there over the years. Iv since used it with a larger amounts. I push all bubbles out to wet the centre of the buds, gets better coverage that way. I cured for 8days, fans off and on few times, other than that i just dried the lot same as usual - off the stem, single layer and laying flat on chicken wire with fans and turning it over every now and then. 2nd time i made the mistake of not letting the buds drain long enough before putting it on the racks, dripped onto the fans under the rack and shit got sprayed all over my bike and tools :( The wire gets a bit sticky and is a pain in the ass to clean, hot water helps. I got similar weight gains to peterdpiper maybe + 30 - 35%. This is overkill if you ask me. Next time im going to dilute 1;3 instead of 1;1 so the weight gain is less significant. Im into the idea of using a natural preservative - the weight factor is redundant to me. I grow a hybrid bubbleberry-hinduK, she has a distinctive flavour when smoked which hasn’t changed from using cellobind on it. But i can distinguish other subtle differences - its ever-so-slightly darker green tho it does seem to bring out the purple hues, and its less fluffy but also less brittle, kinda like the stiff dense indica hydro of the late 90s.

Also its true what cyclops says - it loses smell somewhat. To me this is a clear indication this shit is doing the job - volatiles aren’t escaping and so are locked safely into the bud where they should stay

-protein

If I was going to use this stuff (which I won't) I would only spray it on the the buds.

Why would you spray it on, thats not going to protect the trichomes ..?

I’m still sitting on the fence with this one – I actually like the increased firmness to my buds. What I would like to know how much longer the shelf life is extended as it makes no mention of this!?

Why would you spray it on, thats not going to protect the trichomes ..?

I’m still sitting on the fence with this one – I actually like the increased firmness to my buds. What I would like to know how much longer the shelf life is extended as it makes no mention of this!?

Only way to find out is to put some buds in a jar and gradually sample them over time.  Sometimes science and experimentation can be great fun lol

I didn't notice any evaporation taking place over the past few days so I decided to call the experiment over with and have a play with it.  It was extremely thick although once warmed up from my finger became a little runnier.  I decided to taste it because riverrat was keen to know if it was sweet tasting and it had an extremely weak metallic sweet taste that only really became noticeable after moving a bunch of it around on my finger tip using my tongue as it stuck to me like glue and felt like a glove was over my finger to my tongue.  I really had to pay close attention to notice anything and it was really concentrated so I'd say for all intents and purposes its tasteless, odourless, etc.  As much as I hate the idea of this product I really gotta hand it to the inventor as it works as advertised and is about as stealthy a fuck over as you're ever likely to see in the drug business.  He may deserve a kick to the throat for his efforts but it is kind of brilliant in an evil genius kind of way.  Anyways here's some pics, enjoy :)

post-50821-0-39618800-1379149019_thumb.jpgpost-50821-0-79794000-1379149023_thumb.jpgpost-50821-0-90322800-1379149027_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hahaha. I’m with you there doc.

Oxidation aside, some people are going to love it for one reason only.

Its not without a sense of irony most products in the hydroponics industry cannot substantiate their claims so I also give credit to a product that actually does what it says it does rather than hang shit on it because people will abuse it.

Except hand it to nature man, she invented hemp cellulose long before mankind was around...

Edited by Phil Carter