It would be nice if one of you guys, who has a bottle of this stuff, could do a test... I don't mean on bud... just a little mixture on shallow tray... allow the water to evaporate off and photograph to show us what is left (if it's just hemps cellulose it should look like paper).

My suspicion is it'll just be clear if its pure cellulose. What makes paper white is the light refraction in the air spaces between the cellulose fibres. The fibres themselves are translucent. Its the same as if you crush clear glass into powder it would turn white, in crystalline form it's clear. If you dried it then ground it up into cellulose dust so air spaces could refract light it will be white like a cigarette paper.. if you follow...sorry I'm really stoned lol...

• Upvote 2

Hey guys, ive tried it out. I tried half the concentration they recommend just to be safe. Im not fazed about the weight thing to be honest as i dont sell. In my opinion i dont think this has been made just for commercial guys to be dicks.

It has made my buds more nuggety and tight, aesthetically it seems to do the job - if you wanted to keep your buds from crumbling it does make them firmer and i can see how it would prevent crumbs and dust at the bottom of the bag..

Theres' no difference in taste between each type. It hasn't made my buds any more potent i call bullshit on that. I dont grow enough to have stuff lying around for ages so i wont be buying it.

• Downvote 2

It would be nice if one of you guys, who has a bottle of this stuff, could do a test... I don't mean on bud... just a little mixture on shallow tray... allow the water to evaporate off and photograph to show us what is left (if it's just hemps cellulose it should look like paper).

I might use it if I was drying whole rose buds for display... but the only layer of paper I want around my canna buds is the joint paper. :joint:

Set this up the other day and forgot to mention it.  I didn't bother mixing it with water as it would have just evaporated off anyway and we'll see results sooner this way.  So far it doesn't look like much has evaporated off over the last couple of days but I'll leave the plate sitting on a windowsill until its all gone and will take pics of what remains.  I'll also take any pics if anything interesting happens between now and then :)

post-50821-0-95026600-1378304930_thumb.jpg

I have an experiment going as well. Went to two hydro shops and asked if it was in stock. ( I was actually looking for something else but thought I would ask while I was there) It was quite funny as at first neither shop knew about it. Then after a bit of explaining what it is about they both vaguely remembered someone dropping off samples but had forgotten about it. Both had it sitting out the back so they aren't interested in promoting it. Neither had a clue as to what the stuff costs or will retail at.

One shop gave me two samples and the other one gave me six and kept a couple for themselves.

For the tests I made up five equal sizes of buds even keeping the mix of big/small buds the same,

The first lot I soaked the Cellonbind in the mixture. this will be fast dried. 

The second lot I also soaked the Cellonbind in the mixture. this will be dried naturally.

The third lot sprayed  the Cellobind mix on it.

And I made up two control lots to see what the difference comes to.

I figure one 200ml bottle of Cellobind mixed 50/50 with water as they recommend will do roughly 2lb of wet buds ....  and no I don't have that much lol but I do have a bit to put away for a few months so I'm interested to see if it does do what they are promoting it as.

The weight of the actual Cellobind is 230 grams and I figure the water will evaporate so 115 grams  would be as much weight that would be added to 1lb or 7grams an ounce. Pretty excessive in my view but as the Cellobind comes in liquid form that will most likely drop by at least half again.

I will keep you posted on what happens.

• Upvote 1

Checked on the plate this morning and its evaporated a fair bit off, maybe 30% or there abouts.  Its gone from being very runny like a halfway point between water and cooking oil to being thick almost like honey.  The surface tension seems to be very high as its drawing itself into the middle of the plate and not leaving any residue behind.  I'll report back with more info or a pic if/when something interesting happens :)