I've been getting something of a similar story here, was hoping that perhaps it hadnt made it to WA just yet.

Sadly, my local hydro guy just gave me a sample bottle of this Cellobind too. But I didn't even get a little information packet to tell me what this crap is....

Also, I noticed on my bottle it says it doesnt effect taste, yet says not for consumption. How can a not for consumption product talk about taste if im not meant to consume it?

I just read the label, It seems to mention "tasteless" in the context of describing an ingredient. Is there any more info on the label?

Edited by hidden.monkeys

Is this the new pgr in disguise?

No its worse than that.  Growers can still pump their buds up with PGRs and then use cellobind after harvesting for a double whammy of profits over quality :(

I was going to go to the hydro shop today and return the unopened sample but life happened so its being put off until at least tomorrow.  I'll tell the guy how unethical it is for him to stock it and about all the uproar its caused.  I don't think that will sway him one bit as he's in the business for money and will stock it if it will sell, but I can only hope he listens to reason and never sells it because he is the only hydro shop for ages around and tens of thousands of already financially disadvantaged people will be further ripped off if he does.

+1 Oz.  The first question I'd be asking is what is released when it burns, especially when it says not for consumption on the bottle?  I certainly wouldn't smoke it.

Sure does sound like a commercial growers wet dream though.  I get the impression it dries in a layer on the outside, adding some weight, and also seals extra moisture inside, adding more weight.  Certainly doesn't increase actual yield.  Shit like this scares the crap out of me, and makes me glad I got back into growing my own. 

For the love of ganja, please don't wreck those beautiful buds you're growing with that shit Doc

im guessing that it says not for consumption for legal reasons, like lots of other products that end up being used for exactly that...

it does say its non-toxic?

Edited by ossuary

im guessing that it says not for consumption for legal reasons, like lots of other products that end up being used for exactly that...

it does say its non-toxic?

Yea why dose it say not for consumption, when the people developing it no full well it will be consumed cause maybe it ain't that good to be consumed and them labelling it not for consumption protects them under laws if shit goes bad.

Look at the bath salts and party drugs they say the same thing lota people getting fuked up by them ay

Haze

im interested in knowing more about the ingredients. seems that soluble plant fibre isnt to bad, fibre thats what we all smoke when toking on some buds isnt it? and cellobiose, never heard of it before.  I looked up on the net, it seems to be something that is made during the breakdown of cellulose found in this case in hemp fibre.

the directions says that its used to protect against oxidation, i can kind of see why the "not for consumption" note is there

this is going to be a polarizing product

this is going to be a polarizing product

Dont think so man .

It can not increase yield . From what i understand it adds weight ,So yield will be the same but weight increased ?

That product is fucking useless to anyone but unscrupulous  cash hungry POS  . 

I dont think commercial growers will tell there customers they sprayed there shit with shellac to stop oxidation lol

• Upvote 2

If you do have to score, make the dealer smoke first bong. Hows this for form, last q I had to buy, fucker put up a different smoke to what he sold. Got home and was fucking devo'd in a big way, same powdery feel as last time, thank fuck one of the Docs is nearly dry!

Have a bong, live long, have a snort, live short. Canna for life:-)

Sceptical. Got a sample about a week ago. I was a bit apprehensive given I didn’t want to risk ruining any of my nugs. Tried it on a few just to see. They took a little longer to dry than normal but visually there’s little to no difference between them and the rest of my harvest. Yes they do feel heavier but not interested in that as this is my persy. Want to see if these nugs give me that same post harvest high a few months down the track. The effects of my strain diminish over time even when I keep it in the fridge, gets more couch lock/headache..

Edited by tomatillo