Thanks again to everyone. It's been a big week! I'm sure you've seen some of the stories. I think they came out ok. We have gotten another 100 growers respond since Sunday - now we have 350. Hopefully we can get to 500 by January.

Are there any NT growers here? Or do you know any? Not one single NT respondent thus far to the survey - even after I went on NT ABC radio last week.

• Upvote 1

Thanks monica

I think they came out well indeed

Seeing the artical in the paper ,that wasn't put across in any negitve way at all ,was strange to say the least ..

and yes i do feel as if i'v had the chance to speak..

nearly all of us spend our time hiding to some point ,and the no 1 rule with growing is tell NO-one, so it's nice to have a say ,and have the chance to be heard by the general public ..i think the figures speak volumes

All the best ,and thank you again for you hard work ,Sam

I just got back from holidays, checked out questionnaire and we have passed the magic number and now have a sample of 434 Australian cannabis growers. After data cleaning, it may end up at 420. That would be rather neat.

But seriously, the more the merrier. Although we will look to close the survey fairly soon, given that we want to begin data analysis shortly :)

Thanks again!

• Upvote 1

I just got back from holidays, checked out questionnaire and we have passed the magic number and now have a sample of 434 Australian cannabis growers. After data cleaning, it may end up at 420. That would be rather neat.

But seriously, the more the merrier. Although we will look to close the survey fairly soon, given that we want to begin data analysis shortly :)

Thanks again!

Sounds like a decent number of participants, enjoy the analysis :D

Anyone who is thinking they might fill out the survey, just do it! It's not often you have the chance to be heard anonymously as a grower.

Naycha :peace:

edit - Any NT respondents yet? I only know of one.

Edited by Naycha
  • Upvote 1

I'm all for research but am a bit concerned that the info will be used against us by the Government in their policies and legislation. Australian politics just has no tolerance for anti social behavior especially around drugs  eg cannabis, cigarettes, alcohol and now fast food.  I am concerned that they will just use the data to help profile new targets in order to push the zero tolerance policy onto those that have been in the closet for almost 20 years without a problem, just  because they can. Education is the key for tolerance but Australian Governments just want clean healthy tax paying individuals that  wont be a burden in the future to the health care system period. I would rather see decriminalisation of cannabis in Australian law, as it would ease the burden of knowing getting caught today could destroy my family and everything we have worked hard for the past 20 years. I just hope the research will be used for good not evil. 

cheers

Edited by lookinggoodguys

• Oz unpinned this topic