Hi Oz Stoners

I've been working on an online questionnaire of Australian cannabis growers for a few months now. Now we have finally finished it! We would really appreciate your participation.

I want to thank the Oz Stoners moderating group for working with me to pilot the questionnaire. The survey is much improved thanks to the input of the moderating team.

Here is the link: http://ndri.curtin.e.../research/grow/

And here is the participant information:

Monica Barratt and Simon Lenton invite you to participate in a study on small-scale cannabis cultivation, conducted by the National Drug Research Institute (NDRI) at Curtin University. This study is part of an international collaboration researching cannabis cultivation across Europe, North America and Australasia called the Global Cannabis Cultivation Research Consortium.

The general community typically has unrealistic views about people who grow cannabis. We want you to help set the record straight by completing this anonymous questionnaire.

To participate in this research project, you must:

• have grown cannabis at least once,
  • be living in Australia, and
  • be at least 18 years old.

Participation involves the completion of an online questionnaire that asks about your experiences with growing cannabis, as well as your reasons for growing cannabis, your personal use of cannabis and other drugs, your views on alternative cannabis growing policies, your drug market participation, your experiences with cannabis laws, your participation in other illegal activities and standard demographic information.

The questionnaire contains 43 questions and typically takes 15-20 minutes to complete. We recommend you complete the survey in one sitting as the session is set to expire after 4 hours.

After the project is complete, we will post a summary of the results here. You can also follow the progress of the international project and ask us questions through our Twitter account.

Your participation is completely voluntary. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you are free to skip any question or choose 'I don't want to answer'. You can withdraw from the study at any time by simply closing your browser. Consent will be assumed upon the submission of data from the questionnaire. After this point it will be impossible to identify your results therefore making it impossible to remove them from the data pool.

The information gathered is strictly confidential. The data will be stored securely at Curtin University for at least 7 years. No identifying information will be collected that could be used to match you to your questionnaire results. IP addresses will not be logged and cookies are not used. For added protection, you are welcome to use an anonymising service (e.g. Tor).

We will present results from this study at conferences and in academic papers. Quantitative data will only be presented in aggregate form. There will be no way to identify individual responses from results presented. Your participation will remain anonymous. Any unsolicited identifying information that you may inadvertently provide in text boxes, such as names of individuals, groups, places or events, will be removed from the data by us in order to maintain your anonymity.

No external funding was sought for this project.

Discussion and feedback are welcome - I'd love to hear what you think of the project. Any feedback will help us to interpret the data and to design better questionnaires next time.

PS. I've introduced myself here so please check that thread out for a longer introduction.

• Upvote 7

Cheers Mj =) , Just completed the survey , sounds like a top idea, and if Oz says ya cool.....good enough for me......hehe. Best wishes and I encourage everyone to fill out this survey, as its going to be data used in years to come.

We gotta start somewhere...............Peace. Nibbler.

Edited by The Hash Nibbler

• Oz unpinned this topic