Yeah I hear ya billo. Usually, if they do perform up to their hype it is indeed a PGR.

Which brings me to shooting powder... I have heard some wonderfull things about it and I have two packets of the stuff here to try. All indications is it is just a high dose of P+K in the right ratio's but I am a little bit scheptical. If its just P+K that are the active ingredient couldnt you just super dose with pk13-14? I was wondering if it contained daminozide? That is a PGR you add late in flower and it does something similar to what the H&G people claim shooting powder does.

Cant wait to get my side-by-side room up and running so I can do some performance tests!

Hi Nibbler,

It must have something else in it as well though yeah? I mean otherwise you could just concentrate your PK13-14? Okay the ratio isn't quite right but I am sure you could balance it out with some other products to get the right ratio. Would be a lot cheaper for me to treat 240lts of nute than the hand full of packets I got from my local at $30 a pop!

In defense of the rock resonator, the manufacturer claims it increases oil production which is something I may have witnessed but can not confirm until I set up my side by sides. So going by that alone you could say it contains no PGR's as well as the oil production doesn't appear to suffer and in fact may increase. The bud size still remains normal and does not go into those horrible dense brown nuggets of crap.

I'm just saying, Daminozide is a product that can be applied late in flower to make the buds shoot out again. Thats one PGR I have not tried so I cant comment on it but I hear it does not affect resin production as much as the likes of Paclobutrizol.

I am happy to hear your comments about it working well though. I plan to dump some into my res this week. I got it a little late, and I am in week 6 at the moment but the flowers look like their going to want to go 9-10 weeks anyway.

Do you apply PK at all before hand? I threw in some PK for this (week 6) nute change. I've been using potash+ from DM which I usually have a better result with than PK13-14 but I decided I would hit it a little hard with PK this week. Probably not a good idea if I am going to hit it hard with the powder next week. We'll see :)

I'm just saying, Daminozide is a product that can be applied late in flower to make the buds shoot out again. Thats one PGR I have not tried so I cant comment on it but I hear it does not affect resin production as much as the likes of

Paclobutrizol

Daminozide is the worst PGR of all. It is carcinogenic unlike cc & Paclo. However, Paclo causes kidney failure.

Cyco A & B are used for grape vines etc where the Chemicals are safer because the end product is not smoked.

All 3 should be avoided as the toxins are released when combusted.

Cyco also has a Part C which is Daminozide.

Edited by slysloth420
  • Upvote 1

Daminozide is the worst PGR of all. It is carcinogenic unlike cc & Paclo. However, Paclo causes kidney failure.

Cyco A & B are used for grape vines etc where the Chemicals are safer because the end product is not smoked.

All 3 should be avoided as the toxins are released when combusted.

Cyco also has a Part C which is Daminozide.

This is indeed correct. In the past I have experimented with some paclo and some cecece but never played with alar. Now days I rather avoid it all. Older and wiser I suppose :)

All I was saying was shooting powder sounds like it has something in it like Daminozide. Its applied around the same time and has a similar effect (apparently). If it was just a PK booster then surely you could get similar results from any other PK booster.

Resinator on the other hand... does not behave like any of the PGR's I've seen/read about. Even though its made by the ROCK guys (they are not to be trusted lol). Would love to know whats in the stuff though. Mind you I would love to know whats in things like canna boost etc. triacontanol? must be other things in there as well. Always looking for cheap ways to make your own expensive products :D

Heya Mr jackson, Shooting Powder is just what I use, and by the way , tell ya hydrostore guy he's a farkin rip orf....those packs at the MOST should be $25 ea, and by the box $20 a pack.....and thats expensive, even in WA.

There is also a canadian product from Gro-Tek or something (Bloom Booster) that has similiar ratio that I tried, but found the results from the SP better.

I been using it a few years, and do a few grows a year, if it was a PGR , I wouldnt let the satchel in the house , let alone near me plants...... lol

Rock Resinator may not contain PGR's as we know them traditionally......or it may contain none.....I'm not a chemist. But based on the companies track record with producing PGR's for the hydro market, ya gotta at least question it.

Shooting Powder has been on the shelves openly for years and years, its a Flower Finisher, it boosts PK levels, to promote a new burst of flowering on the buds.

I'm sure theres more in there than just P and K, but it wont be any PGR's, Van De Zwaan is one of the best and most trusted hydro nute chemists in the world.... he started the Canna company, then later formed H&G. I trust their products 100%, never lost a crop, or had nute issues, or additive issues unless I stuffed up.

And when there was a PGR crackdown in Australia lately, Shooting Powder remained on the shelves, and the CSIRO are chemists......

I been smokin buds long enough to tell the difference between a PGR bud and one without, can see it as soon as ya break the bud open, it looks shit.

Its tasteless crud, with little of any value except a shitty high. Thats not to mention the carcenogenics, that might kill ya later.

I'll stick with what I know works, the actual gain of Shooting Powder is about 20%, not the stated 30%, it does it in a way that does not require a PGR, I noticed over at ICfag someone saying Bud XL is a PGR...............some people just like talking shit.

Peace. Nibbler

Edited by The Hash Nibbler

Heya Mr jackson, Shooting Powder is just what I use, and by the way , tell ya hydrostore guy he's a farkin rip orf....those packs at the MOST should be $25 ea, and by the box $20 a pack.....and thats expensive, even in WA.

There is also a canadian product from Gro-Tek or something (Bloom Booster) that has similiar ratio that I tried, but found the results from the SP better.

I been using it a few years, and do a few grows a year, if it was a PGR , I wouldnt let the satchel in the house , let alone near me plants...... lol

Rock Resinator may not contain PGR's as we know them traditionally......or it may contain none.....I'm not a chemist. But based on the companies track record with producing PGR's for the hydro market, ya gotta at least question it.

Shooting Powder has been on the shelves openly for years and years, its a Flower Finisher, it boosts PK levels, to promote a new burst of flowering on the buds.

I'm sure theres more in there than just P and K, but it wont be any PGR's, Van De Zwaan is one of the best and most trusted hydro nute chemists in the world.... he started the Canna company, then later formed H&G. I trust their products 100%, never lost a crop, or had nute issues, or additive issues unless I stuffed up.

And when there was a PGR crackdown in Australia lately, Shooting Powder remained on the shelves, and the CSIRO are chemists......

I been smokin buds long enough to tell the difference between a PGR bud and one without, can see it as soon as ya break the bud open, it looks shit.

Its tasteless crud, with little of any value except a shitty high. Thats not to mention the carcenogenics, that might kill ya later.

I'll stick with what I know works, the actual gain of Shooting Powder is about 20%, not the stated 30%, it does it in a way that does not require a PGR, I noticed over at ICfag someone saying Bud XL is a PGR...............some people just like talking shit.

Peace. Nibbler

I thought it was a bit expensive at $30!! I might have to ring around and find the store that sells for $25. I just popped some into my tent crop yesterday and I am eager to see how it performs. Hear only good things about it. If it works for me I would be a box buying kinda guy. I'm actually considering switching to the H&G range all together. Just go so much DM stuff laying around I wanna use it all up. The problem is I get to a new crop and have 1/2 a bottle left so I continue with it then dont want to switch nutes half way so buy another bottle lol

Must admit, I've always been slightly sus about the shooting powder.

It just seems to work better than other products that on paper are very similar.

General hydro Kool Bloom powder and Gro-tek monsta bloom are in the same ball park on the pk finishing formula.

Both are shitloads cheaper ,(1kg of Koolbloom $45 , 1 65g satchel SP $25).

I have read a heap of shit running round the net that it does contain a pgr, but can't find anything factual ,so probably all bullshit.

Like Nibbs said Van de Zwaan is one of the most highly respected nute co. in the world these days and wouldn't be expecting them to be slipping in any sly pgrs.

..Also daminozide used late in flowering cycle is flower hardener. Creates more volume and more solid bud. Doesn't cause an extra growth burst on the bud like you see with shooting powder.