The Mighty Volcano!

Interesting but IMHO a pointless and complicated procedure that won't make it any more effective than just setting the right temp! Just set it to 5.5 which is 180 degrees celsius(360F), widely regarded by volcano users as being the maximum safest temp(before three major carcinogens become activated in the vapour) whilst still being VERY EFFECTIVE. You can also make 2 or more bags per chamberloads(i make 2 runs myself).I've had my Volcano for a while now I can vouch for this temp as being more than adequate. The duff remaining also makes great cookies.. :)

I got my classic Volcano for $385US($415 w/ postage) though they now have the digital for $415US( not inc postage), though you need a step down transformer rated at 150w or higher as it is the US model(they are cheap on ebay). It cost me $520aud all together for the volcano and extras,postage and transformer.

You can't find Volcanoes any cheaper brand new, especially now our dollar is now worth 86 US cents. Do the math and you'll see how much I saved over S&B and Healthy Smoking, even with the transformer(which cost $40aud)!

I posted the link twice but my posts keep being removed??? So pm me if you want the details..

Edited by Harlsmanson

Not really, if you go with lower setting you can do up to 3-4 runs on the same mix keeping a smooth taste and high, if you go a higher setting you can't get as many runs and the vapor is harsher and more harmful. Your choice really. Having said all this makes you realise how much you waste even more by smoking the bud than vaping it too. I did a comparison with the same gear I had one night bong smoking stonehedge, then the next night stonehedge with the volcano. I got the same effect vaping 0.2gms in the chamber(2 runs) as I did smoking 0.5gms in a bong! I never believed this when I heard vaping is supposed to be 40% more efficient than smoking but I believe it now.. A quarter lasts me almost a month now when it used to last a week and still getting just as high.

By the way I only do two runs(2 bags) from one chamber of .2gms but many others actually do 3 or 4 without changing the gear. So why do I just run it twice then when I can get more out of the mix? Because I am usually high enough after 2 runs and I just allow the duff to go towards treats, Hash or Tincture. The taste is more effected and become harsher with each run also. I prefer fresh tasting herb and it stays nice for two..

PS The setting of 5.5(180celsuis/360F) is the recommended setting but the vast majority of medical MJ clubs throughout The US and Canada for a reason..

Edited by Harlsmanson

It would also depend on how much you put in the filling chamber. I have the easy valve set with mine, not sure if the filling chamber is the same size as the old solid valve set, but mine is fucking big, you could fit a few grams in there easy. So I reckon a half filled chamber you'd get maybe 2-3 bags off it, but a fuller chamber maybe you could get 4 or 5 bags?

anyway, I am going to collect my vape waste and try and make some cookies if you reckon it works. can you tell me exactly how you do it to give me an idea of a starting point in terms of amounts to use? do you make butter first or put the stuff straight in a cookie mix? I know how to make canna foods, I just want to know your particular method and approx quantities. :rolleyes:

^ is right on there. I do exactly the same with mine except I do a BHO extraction with the leftovers when I have enough saved up. My mate smokes it and reckons it tastes fine to him but I just cook with the BHO (it's alot easier and quicker using a tiny bit of extract then making butter with alot of plant matter that doesn't taste all that great).

^ is right on there. I do exactly the same with mine except I do a BHO extraction with the leftovers when I have enough saved up. My mate smokes it and reckons it tastes fine to him but I just cook with the BHO (it's alot easier and quicker using a tiny bit of extract then making butter with alot of plant matter that doesn't taste all that great).

who is right on?

you should quote when replying makes it easier to understand....