The Mighty Volcano!

awesome thread, I got my volcano in may this year and I fucking love the thing. It's one of the digital ones and I got it off Ebay. It put me back around 800. But I had been wanting one for 4 years, so it's kinda like I've been putting 200 bucks aside each year for it.

4 years ago I learned of Vaporisation and to me it seemed like the future cuz of the health benefits as well as the lack of stink. And I made a few investments in various vaporisers - one was a homemade one, a few glass pipes and a Vapir that I got off Ebay for 200 bucks. Sadly none of them were satisfactory, the problem they all shared was an inadequate ability to accumulate vapor. So during those 4 years I went back to bongs and joints as well as moving into my own place, doing an apprenticeship and began growing. And it came full circle early this year when I got sick of the taste of smoke and the inevitable harshness that affects my throat.

Since getting my volcano I haven't looked back. The best part is I can actually taste the weed instead of smoke, plus I can get by on less weed than when I smoked because I get about 2 -3 bagfuls and use the toasted weed that's left over to add to food and get high from that.

I agree that it aint cheap. But it's made of high quality materials and built to last. And it gets me high!

I had no misgivings about the cost because in the research done b4 buying it, it had consistently good reviews and it hasn't let me down thus far. But best of all it's completely replaced joints and bongs which the other vaporisers weren't able to do.

i just ordered my volcano w/ solid valve off of ebay last night lol

costs me approx $610 with shipping (insurance also).

should be 6-12 days till i get it so i'll keep you posted :yahoo:

something i came across that i wanted to ask was about the fact that some people are saying you have to HOLD the valve to the base >.> which seems like a major flaw in the vape if u have to hold it....

the main differences between the easy valve and solid valve seems to be the easy valve doesnt require any cleaning (or only a small amount of cleaning) and the bags are much more expensive, where as the solid valve needs regular cleaning but its bags are MUCH cheaper and i think u can also use custom bags, where as the easy valve u can only use the bags made for it.

(solid valve is much cheaper in the long run)

Peace,

Crunchy.

I'm wondering the same thing. Would rather not order one from overseas, but from what i've found there aren't any local resellers.

That was exactly what I was asking until I googled the words "Volcano Vaporizer Australia" and on I found one online shop based in Australia that sells them at www.australianvaporizers.com.au

I haven't bought mine yet but I too prefer to buy from within Australia as I feel there is more of a risk of breakage and customs seizing the item when ordering from overseas, I will let you guys know how it turns out when I receive my order if you like.

Used or new? I'd never buy a used smoking implement of any type (eww!), but AU$450 is pretty good if its a new one, they're normally about AU$800ish.

Personally though I find the price of Volcanos absolutely ridiculous. Break it down - a vaporiser is just a heating element with something to trap the escaping vapours (ie. a bag). It's basically the same as HOT KNIVES where to knives are heated (the heating element), pressing a bit of bud between them to release the vapours. Add a bag to that and you've basically got a vape. So if somebody can tell me how an AU$800 vape is any different to a AU$200 one I'd like to know - what is that extra $600 getting you?

Well the spots you are talking about release smoke not vapours, vapours are when you cook the material rather than burning it. Vapours are almost invisible.

I bought a classic unit with solid valve from MSI imports, they sent it in two by mistake, but it got here so that's all that matters.

After postage, exchange rate, fees, etc cost $~770 AUD delivered.

MOST impressed by this unit. Simply the best way to inhale your cabbage.

HOWEVER, this unit gives you almost the same effect as a volcano, AND it's less than 1/3 of the price... I've used this too, so I can vouch for its effectiveness.

http://www.halfbakedgoods.net/vp-500.html

That being said, if you have the cash get a Volcano and don't look back, its shiny and will make your next sesh a very social one :bongon:

Had a classic volcano for the last 4 years, but just upgraded to a digital one!!! I fucking love my volcano and think it was worth every cent!!!Its awesome being able to really taste the weed ya vaping!! having said that i still fire up the bong a few times a week.as to the easy valve/solid valve debate it all comes down to personal preference. my classic was a solid but my digital is a easy valve, i find the easy valve easier for me as the bag size is large enough for me!!I also have a iolite vap the are the fucking dogs bollocks when your on the go !! I have tryed many styles of vaporizers and find that the all work as good as each other..mostly. But the volcano rules supreme!!!!!!! ^_^