Can someone help out?

I mean aside from the hissyfit a couple of the guys have been throwing at each other...is something funny I'm missing?

Yeah I'm an ignorant know-nothing *#%@...is that it?

Still, I *did* come in looking for some help and/or advice...this doesn't exactly fill me with confidence I've come to the right

place...which is funny, because you'd think someone would have something actually helpful to say, here of all places.

This shit seems gate-keepy.

Like if you're gonna take the piss, cool...but maybe throw in something useful too?

I mean you're here with "fav.lighting HLG550V2" stuck under your info, one of the ones I've asked about...and I haven't seen

one motherfucking thing from YOU aside from how little you need to be entertained.

You'd think one of you would try to encourage, engage, or help with any info whatsoever.

You are thus far, anti-help. You're...fucking lame?

Oh wait "LOLOLOLOL"

Anyone *else* feel like actually representing this place well? - I could still use some actual help from somebody.

If you can let us know your budget and just the basics your trying to achieve.

The guys can get a bit over the top but don't give up. Some of the members here have been growing since the 70s before indoor was even a thing.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Mate if you look back myself and SE gave you answers

Doesn't matter what lights you have if you can't into the room it's your mistake and can only be rectified by venting to roof ,window or floor,,but you can't so you are fucked

Doesn't matter what light you use heat being expelled is still gonna make your room hot

I showed you pictures of the set up you need to vent that room properly,

Plevry of ppl have portable air con venting hot air out windows,make yourself something like tjat

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

Mate if you look back myself and SE gave you answers

Doesn't matter what lights you have if you can't into the room it's your mistake and can only be rectified by venting to roof ,window or floor,,but you can't so you are fucked

Doesn't matter what light you use heat being expelled is still gonna make your room hot

I showed you pictures of the set up you need to vent that room properly,

Plevry of ppl have portable air con venting hot air out windows,make yourself something like tjat

+1

I also suggested getting your cool tube and ventilation working right..and sticking with the light you have already.

If your dead set on LED "just to see them yourself" well go for it IMO. but you are still going to need to fix the ventilation issue you still have if you use LED or HPS or heat will be an issue.

Well sorry guys, a lot of these replies have been covered in a downpour of bullshit, people arguing and suggesting every reason they can think of for me to not do, anything other than what they are personally doing. I may have missed a few. 

Again, I'm not venting directly out a window - I just don't think this is a good idea to do.

Also I don't believe how I had it set up was a problem...like I said...I get that heat would have to come out. It's to be expected. 

I just need to keep in mind that it's in a smaller, and now occupied room. 

In regards to the heat - in my limited experience I've had a high powered LED panel/torch thing right in front of my hand, and there was next to no radiant heat. 

I'm sure there's some heat output off the boards - and while I can't say I'm certain without experience, I would very much doubt it to be equal to that

of the radiant heat put off by a HPS...if it was, I'm pretty sure the boards wouldn't be working before too long. 

So whatever is happening, it'll be venting IN from low, UP through high. 

If you can let us know your budget and just the basics your trying to achieve.
The guys can get a bit over the top but don't give up

I'm trying not to, I just think that maybe there ought to be...I don't know, some kind of rule in place to not act like deliberate shitheads when someone's trying to find help. 

All good though, and moving on... 

Budget: 4k. 

Tent: 2X2 metre reflective mylar.

What I'm trying to achieve is a new lighting solution, that will output MORE than what the 600w HPS did.

I don't necessarily need the MAXIMUM possible watts that can fit in that space.

I just want "an upgrade".

Way I see it - If the 600w turned out "ok" in terms of results, that 1000w would have to be "better".

I strongly believe the radiant heat will be significantly lessened with the LEDs. 

I believe they cover a range of the spectrum that will allow for them to be used from beginning to end - aside from a fluoro which I will keep for raising them initially in a smaller space.

I don't want to have to go from cfl to mh to hps...unless I am mistaken, there's definitely a difference in steps here. 

Again, I don't want to have to constuct anything so I'm looking for pre-assembled. 

Someone else recommended viparspectra? ones that seem to have some kind of inbuilt ventillation, but from what I understand these are not as efficient?

So yeah. 

1000w, one type does all stages, something I don't have to wire together. 

That's my basics.  

From what I've read and managed to understand is that you don't care about the heat and really want some new LEDs correct ?

From my knowledge there is probably only 2 brands that I would recommend from what I've seen and heard. Not from experience but I did just order 2 hlg that haven't arrived as yet. So take my advice as you please.

1 hlg

2 atreum lights

They both have various setups you could sift through to achieve the amount of watts you want.

Other than that research is your best bet. Plent of grows from a few people on here to look at. Papasmurff is one that comes to mind that has really good results.

Hope I helped

That space ,,,one vertical globe 1000W HPS,,,,and run exhaust through the ceiling...

If you go HID lighting Serrated edge made the best suggestion IMO and there are plenty of off the shelf options but you will need better ventilation.

+1

If you go LED there are others with more knowledge about them here than me as to which are the best options. And ventilation will be ok APPARENTLY lol

1000w, one type does all stages, something I don't have to wire together. 

Also check out danks old grow he used a black dog led I believe with astonishing results.

In saying that it’s not just the light if I had one my grow would still suck, it’s every little thing that comes together that make a great grow.

But venting into the same room that your drawing from seems a bit silly unless running c02 (if I read that right)

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners