Can someone help out?

2metre x 2metre reflective mylar tent. 

I don't want to use HPS any more, it's too hot for the room the tent would be in, and I see that LED systems have come along in leaps and bounds. 

Was using a 600watt HPS in a cool tube before, after using a fluoro for popping/early stages. I have a metal halide but will probably never use it. (all up for grabs cheap)

So it seems like the go with LEDs are getting ones with some red in there - and a lot of folks seem to say that quantum boards are the go. 

I'd like to be able to put together a lighting system of my own, but I am not very good with small things, I am not very patient, and I also have a benign tremor which fucks that up for me. 

I hear very good things bout HLG, though I am not sure if that's legitimately on account of better/newer technology or just brand preference/familiarity. 

I've been in talks with one of the Australian suppliers about the HLG550 V2 R-SPEC light/boards. - Just wondering if anyone knows about these. 

Here is the part I get stuck on: I don't know how much I need in terms of watts etc. I'd like to bring my 600 up to 1000watts, or true watts or whatever. 

Does that mean I'd need TWO of these?

Also I'm very open to suggestion here. I don't mind DIY but like, if there's a service that can handle it for me. 

So given it's a 2x2 metre tent, and I want not just a technology based upgrade but also an improvement - can anyone suggest anything?

Preferably Australian based. 

Thanks. 

You're gunna want around 1500 watts of hlg qbs in that space.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 of my HLG lights according to manufacturers specs will flower a 1m x 1m space so 2 should do the job. HLG reckon you only need 35watts per foot max for their new lights.

My mate has 2 of those HLG 550 v spec in a space 3.5m x 3m and it’s cranking.

Get the HLGs you put together your self as you can spread em round more. The 550 is in one big square which may suit your space.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

1 of my HLG lights according to manufacturers specs will flower a 1m x 1m space so 2 should do the job. HLG reckon you only need 35watts per foot max for their new lights.

My mate has 2 of those HLG 550 v spec in a space 3.5m x 3m and it’s cranking.

Get the HLGs you put together your self as you can spread em round more. The 550 is in one big square which may suit your space.

Yeah they do look pretty good, and the ones nobody seems to have much negative to say about. 

3.5x3 metres? that's a massive tent, no? - like, we are talking metres, not feet right?

I'll have to see if it fits my space, it's not really ideal for me to put things together, I'm shaky.

I mean I understand there's some services that do it, but I've bee unable to find one. 

Edited by Smellslikechai

Yeah they do look pretty good, and the ones nobody seems to have much negative to say about.

3.5x3 metres? that's a massive tent, no? - like, we are talking metres, not feet right?

I'll have to see if it fits my space, it's not really ideal for me to put things together, I'm shaky.

I mean I understand there's some services that do it, but I've bee unable to find one.

Check out quickbloom lights. The owner was very helpful. HLG make lots of different lights for different size spaces. There are other good LED brands besides HLG also which may suit your space better. Yeah my lights would of been hard to put together if I was shaking.

My mate has a room not a tent

Buy a 2nd 600W HPS would be my suggestion.

you can use the $2k you saved buying LED's to air condition the room.

Any reason you're suggesting this? 

I've made my intentions to move away from HPS pretty clear...and there is an air conditioner in the room in question already. 

It's a smaller room than last time, and I have to sleep in there too.

I don't even want ONE hps in there, let alone two. 

So yeah is there a specific reason you think I should do this? 

Yeah they give off heat but it’s from the driver which if he buys the HLG but not the 550 he can mount the driver outside if he wishes. I don’t know about your panels but I can touch mine on the under side no worries. My 3 lights put out less heat than my mates 1 600w hps

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners