Can someone help out?

Rather than preaching the wonders of LED like a religious zealot looking for converts Porky why not look at the real problem and why the OP has a heat issue? It's pretty simple....the cool tube isn't set up right....if it was set up right there wouldn't be a heat issue. But if you think advising someone to go and spend big bucks on new lights that won't fix the heat issue and may even add to it from what you have said about how much heat they do put out go ahead.

You should end you posts about LEDs with apparently because you clearly know fuck all about LED lights oh yeah that’s because you have never even seen one work.

I like HPS lights as they work very well but the simple fact that you can’t seem to understand is they are hotter than LED even when in your wonderous cool tube. Oh that’s right you have never even seen or touched a HLG but you in your infinite wisdom know they are hotter than a HPS.

Your a wanker plain and simple.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Your the one telling everyone they are about 1/2 as hot as a 600W HPS Porky and I believe you. I'm not sure why you are getting so emotional about it? I'm not saying that's not true.

If the OP has a heat issue it's either because the cool tube is setup wrong or the room they are growing in just gets way to hot which neither LED or HID will fix. To fix the heat issue either get the cool tube working right - set up right a cool tube should have NO heat it should be cool to touch not even warm - or if its the room gets to hot use a/c to cool it. Swapping out HID lights from a working cool tube to replace them with the lights you are suggesting sounds silly to me Porky because if they put out 1/2 the heat of a 600w HPS then yes they will defiantly increase the OP's heat problem rather than help it. How can this not be the case if they put out more heat than the HID light the OP already has if used in a properly set up cool tube? Even a 1000w HID is cool to the touch as in NO heat they are cold. That is a lot less heat than 1/2 a 600w HID.

Having drivers outside the room would be a huge difference in heat for sure with either LED or HID lights.

I can't see why heat is such an issue for the OP though? A 600w HID with decent cool tube setup is easy to do and negates any heat issues. How did you have the tent setup for heat to still be an issue Smellslikechai?

I stand by my original post to the OP....

I believe you can put your hand on it like that Porky. I already said that a few times now. I believe you when you say it puts out about 1/2 the heat of a 600w HID. I also agree having the LED driver outside the room helps with heat which is also the case for HID lighting. Not sure what point you are trying to make here because you can also do the same with a properly set up cool tube with a 1000w HID. Only difference will be that the LED still feels warm but the cool tube will be cold. Geez you LED groupies get sensitive even when someone is agreeing with you pretty much lol Yes you can put your hand on those panels no worries which you cant do with an HID globe unless its in a cool tube which the OP has. In a cool tube set up right the HID will be cooler to the touch than your LED panels even if its a 1000w HID globe....its not rocket science Porky.