Can someone help out?

How that heat is thermally managed is what matters.. ffs

Exactly what I've been saying pug yes....the OP shouldn't have a heat issue if they have AC and a cool tube as started unless its set up wrong and if they still have a heat issue with HID then swapping to LED wont fix it. If anything it will make it worse IMO.

No but i have seen and touched them first hand on many occasions which is more that you have done with LEDs as friends use them every grow except winter.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Well you should know they are cooler than your LED panels then to touch if your friend has them set up right. Maybe they don't? Do they feel cold and not warm like your panels do? You said they put out about 1/2 the heat of a 600w HID and I believe you. that is more heat than a cool tube set up right? Which bit aren't you understanding here? Even a 1000w HID in a cool tube will feel cold to touch.

Have you ever seen or touched any LED while is on. Not just HLG but any LED???

How is that relevant when I have stated numerous times now that I believe you when you say you can touch them and you say they put out about 1/2 the heat of a 600w HPS. Why do I need to touch one to believe you? I take your word for it you strike me as a bit misguided on your thoughts about LED's but not a bullshitter. So why wouldn't I believe you? The point I'm making is that is more heat than a cool tube puts out when set up correctly. I have also stated that a cool tube will feel cold to the touch. Do your panels feel cold to the touch or do they feel warm and about 1/2 the heat of a 600w HPS?

Kinetic energy Coops, LED also has it.

There are different efficiencies at work but the same exchange of energy into light and heat remains the same until someone rewrites the laws of physics.

LED has advantages by way of modern design.., do plants care/like it better?

Probably fkn not [emoji23]

I cant comment on LED's, but I do run HPS in cool tubes. They are wierd fucking things, you can put your hand on them while the lights are on, no worries but it does fuck all for the radiant heat. At about 60cm away from a 600w HPS in a cool tube, the temp is about 5 degrees hotter than the air temp. So, if I set the AC to 24, and put the thermometer 60 cm away from the light, it will read 30C within an hour or so.

• Upvote 1

What about you SE you ever touched or seen a HLG while it’s on ??

Nah mate ,,,but it is APPARENT that led make people defensive and abusive..,,,can't argue with the facts .lol.

And for a 2m square space he - the op,

would need 4 HLGs ,,yes ? If as you say they put out half the heat of a 600w HPS then

It'd probably be to hot for him ,yes ?

Not to mention the costs involved.

I think if oz stoners care about their members there should be warnings up about the possible harm they can cause ,,,

Pedros post about the dangers of those lights is a pearler,,,,,and something we should all take heed to.

anyway HPS kicks defensive arse.

lol.

Edited by Serrated edge