Can someone help out?

Hey guys...well...this isn't entirely the response I was expected but I'm glad that I prompted some conversation...I will try to get through it all. I'm at about page 3 right now. 

I just wanted to say, on the heat issue. 

It's not "too hot" in terms of the plants etc. Well not from recollection anyway. It's been about 5 years. 

The thing is the first time the tent was set up, it was in a larger room that nobody was using. HEAPS of space around it. 

I vented through the cooltube, venting set up with on either side of it with an inline to take air in from towards the bottom of the tent, and another taking the heated air out towards the top. 

I figured this was the go, as air will be hotter towards the top...that and I was a bit of a know nothing, a title I still hold on many things, so a friend helped me. 

Everything was fine. 

I just didn't want a vent or fan seen on or near my window, and whether or not there's any validity to it, I've heard it's theoretically possible to pick up that there's quite a bit of hot air 

being vented directly out a window - so I had it venting into the room (good guess whoever that was), and had a window open about a foot on the other side of the room. 

The heat in this scenario was not a problem, nor was the sound of the fans and carbon filter, the light/ballast humming away.

In fact, I welcomed it - it was an apartment and when it was lights on, you could dry SO many racks of clothes in there - I used it to my advantage. 

It's a much smaller apartment now. 

There's room in our room, and that's about it. It's a smaller room. Still with an open window. 

I still don't want to be venting any hot air right out a window, and the size of the room...even with air conditioning...I believe would present a pretty big challenge,

even if it was set for lights off at night. I also really, really don't like heat. 

If I have to be honest, I've also always thought that HPS etc may be more of a potential fire hazard than LED.

(which is another reason if I buy LED, I don't want to wire it myself...I shake and I lack the expertise).

I also like new technology. I've never seen it in person. I want to see it? 

I don't expect it to be some kind of holy grail...I know there's still work to put in. 

But yeah, I want LED because of those reasons. 

Also...My aim isn't to touch the lights. I just don't want a hot room. 

It's a much smaller apartment now. 

There's room in our room, and that's about it. It's a smaller room. Still with an open window. 

I still don't want to be venting any hot air right out a window, and the size of the room...even with air conditioning...I believe would present a pretty big challenge,

even if it was set for lights off at night. I also really, really don't like heat. 

If I have to be honest, I've also always thought that HPS etc may be more of a potential fire hazard than LED.

(which is another reason if I buy LED, I don't want to wire it myself...I shake and I lack the expertise).

I also like new technology. I've never seen it in person. I want to see it? 

I don't expect it to be some kind of holy grail...I know there's still work to put in. 

But yeah, I want LED because of those reasons. 

Also...My aim isn't to touch the lights. I just don't want a hot room. 

Your right that with those parameters either HID or LED lights are going to heat the room but without venting the cool tube correctly HID will heat it more for sure. If you want to use LED just to see them in person then why not I say go for it. Either way though LED  or HID are going to heat the room without proper ventilation.

Given some of the information here, I've pondered some things. 

I guess the question is;

If I had a 600w HPS before (which I understand was not quite "enough" for that space), and say I didn't necessarily need to to go to the MAXIMUM watts for that area,

Is there like, a "happy middle ground" so to speak?

Like perhaps TWO of the 550s, and some of these side strips or smaller units I've been hearing about?

I mean I guess I'd like about 1000w given the results I had with the 600w. 

I was always...while maybe not entirely wowed by...happy with the results I got under that one. 

Of course either way, I'll likely be venting out the top and passive intake from the bottom, as well as running a carbon filter. 

Still just checking things out. 

I just...want to kind of move on from HPS.

Given some of the information here, I've pondered some things. 

I guess the question is;

If I had a 600w HPS before (which I understand was not quite "enough" for that space), and say I didn't necessarily need to to go to the MAXIMUM watts for that area,

Is there like, a "happy middle ground" so to speak?

Like perhaps TWO of the 550s, and some of these side strips or smaller units I've been hearing about?

I mean I guess I'd like about 1000w given the results I had with the 600w. 

I was always...while maybe not entirely wowed by...happy with the results I got under that one. 

Of course either way, I'll likely be venting out the top and passive intake from the bottom, as well as running a carbon filter. 

Still just checking things out. 

I just...want to kind of move on from HPS.

lol.

DC.

I've got 2 x 1.2m3 tents venting into a 2x3m room with no ac, one tent with a Mars sp250 and the other with a hlg 550. It gets hot and the plants dont seem to mind but I'll be venting externally soon. Right now with both lights on my temps are 32.4 inside the tent and 30.6 in the room. Max recorded was 37.4 in the tent. With 2 hlg 550s its gonna get nice and toasty so good idea to vent externally. But maybe if you vented cool tubes externally you would achieve the same thing?post-65214-157242945465_thumb.jpegpost-65214-157242946775_thumb.jpegpost-65214-15724294825_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I've got 2 x 1.2m3 tents venting into a 2x3m room with no ac, one tent with a Mars sp250 and the other with a hlg 550. It gets hot and the plants dont seem to mind but I'll be venting externally soon. Right now with both lights on my temps are 32.4 inside the tent and 30.6 in the room. Max recorded was 37.4 in the tent. With 2 hlg 550s its gonna get nice and toasty so good idea to vent externally. But maybe if you vented cool tubes externally you would achieve the same thing?attachicon.gifTempnow.jpegattachicon.gifTempmax.jpegattachicon.gifTempdriver.jpeg

you are venting the two tents to a 2x3m without air con.. 

but.

is the room being vented?

you are venting the two tents to a 2x3m without air con..

but.

is the room being vented?

Knew I forgot to mention something, thanks Billy... I have a 30cm passive vent in the ceiling, it dropped the temps and humidity a little but evidently not enough, so I will be connecting up the tent exhausts with a y connector and venting directly into the roof cavity instead, and hope I dont break my house.