List of Australian Organic NoTill Amendments and Components

Hey pug

Have you read teaming with fungi?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

hey pdman ... some time ago mate. i really like his stuff. i have to be in the mood though, as it is dense reading for me - lots of biological terms. i used to bubble a few teas in the past, but am a bit lazy these days.:)

he does a few talks now on cannabis ... on youtube too. it's a bit easier for me, as he brings the technical level down so i can understand it better ... also he uses cannabis references, which always makes it more interesting for me. :)

which of his books has been the most helpful for you?

• Upvote 1

Great Idea Flowering ! Have been searching online to add with my lucerne hay and worm castings for other additives. This has saved me heaps ! Any idea on aloe vera 200, insect frass, silica, rock dusts and other suppliers which are easy/cheap source to deal with? Got plenty of Cockroach Poo here after our

L o n g HOT Summer !! Lair-iza

hi Lair-iza and welcome.:)

from itchy's recommendation ... the 200x aloe vera can be found at https://www.aloeveraaustralia.com.au/

although not usually on his website, Saul sells 200x in a couple of varieties - different grow locations and drying types. just a heads up ... he likes to upsell - 100grams should be heaps for most people.

sorry, i don't use insect frass, but someone can probably help you there.

silica, i mainly get from waterings and foliar sprays using NTS potassium silicate. one organic yoda called arlo, uses bioavailable silicates via horsetail, borage, comfrey, dandelion, oat straw, plantains and valerian. itchy and carb use lots of green manure and cover crops, which would do a similar thing ... i think.

rock dust ... really depends where you are located (please don't say.:)). ozraptor buys palognite/basalt rock dust from a very reasonable online NSW store:  https://www.petandgarden.com.au/organic-fertiliser/1910-palagonite-soil-support-organic-20kg-en.html?search_query=palagonite%27&results=1

itchy gets his from a WA and it also looks great: https://www.wormfarmshop.com.au/volcanic-rock-dust/

hope it helps :)

these pics were taken 4/7/17 , pretty black , maybe not as black as i remembered 

not sure when they went in the bed or when i gave them the chop 

attachicon.gif1201.JPG

attachicon.gif1202.JPG

the pics are the right way up when i post them , sorry for the sideways posting 

wow itchy ... that plant looks amazing and is beautiful ... black leaves - never seen anything like it. when you said it had black leaves ... i thought it meant crusty, dying leaves - it looks healthy and happy. ahhh cannabis ... never ending happy surprises. :)

will watch those links later mate ... like them both heaps.:)

the jar individual prices weren't that dear ... only trouble ... they sell a minimum order (around 200 euro ... i think ... plus postage). also, you have to transfer money into a dutch account - that might have changed now. i ended up getting a fair few of the 1L and 2L jars - they both have good size openings and the lids are the same size. use them for everything ... cereal, nuts, rice and a few gifts.:) if i was ever to order again, i'd get some smaller stuff too. best thing about the 1l and 2l jars ... is that it is glass on glass - no seal, but still airtight. will check and see if anyone is selling them in oz ... without gouging.

not sure if 2L would be much use for you mate ... you might need a bit bigger, looking at your garden. :)

Recent studies suggest that plants communicate via fungi present in the soil

Healthy soils become a big network with connections between plants using fungi as the avenue of communication

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

hey micmac :)

incredible stuff, eh? so much to learn still about nature ... love it.

Thanks heaps for your info Pug and for your warm welcome.

This topic and these posts are a really valuable resource for me ! As I wreckon the most flavourful herb is grown Organically.

This adventure in self medication will also help alleviate some chronic pain issues for me (Arthritis).

I am gunna experiment with some Comfrey (tea and chop and drop) when i flip the girls also ,as I heard its high in potassium.

Thanks again Pug and to the Cannabis community ,as I need all the advice I can get as a first time indoor enthusiast.

Lair-iza

• Upvote 1

hey itchy ... do you brew compost teas or is this where the em1 comes in?

i found this in my notes from mountain organics ... of interest in this case is the mildew reference, especially as it is pretty bad in parts where they grow ...

______

years of foliar spraying this and that and the other thing has led me to a single application done once a week.

Per gal. Water:
1tbsp neem oil
1tsp potassium silicate
1/4tsp aloe Vera powder

sprayed once a week from rooted cutting until 2nd week of flowering. No foliars are done after that and through harvest.

no mildew, no flies, no mites, no thrips.....no pest concerns.

Full plant coverage on large plants can become time consuming, but its only a few applications once the plants are large and before they're flowering so its over quickly, and its worth it.

__

Here's an example of a watering schedule a couple or few years into established no-till gardens (it happens to be my current routine as well):

- Plain water every other day, beginning to end
- MBP top-dress every 10-12 days watered with aloe/fulvic/silica
- Kelp & neem top-dress at the beginning of the cycle, maybe once more in early flowering.

Yea, that's it! No teas are ever made. The days of needing a soluble 'quick fix' are long gone. The soil is extremely rich and the mulch and top-dress' we do apply are not for that moment but for the weeks and months to come

_____

Edited by pug1010

I'd say watching the mold grow is a problem with plants.

You watched the mold but it wasn't your plant?

hey carb ... read the post and realised that it could have been a bit clearer ... the mold growing everywhere was inside the houses and units  i lived in ... in the wood, plastic, furniture, aircon vents ... basically it grew on anything (maybe not as much on metal though). i haven't had trouble with canna plants and mold, because i didn't grow much cannabis in the tropics ... and when i did grow, it was in the dry season, indoor (except once) and with aircon, if needed. i tried to grow lots of vegies though during the wet season and they got hit with a fungal disease ... powdery mildew ... every time. I'm sure that if i had grown cannabis in the wet season ... i would have had the same mold/ pathogenic fungal problems, as i had with the cucs.

what i noticed was  ... indoors, if the humidity was over 90% or so (day and night) for about a week ... the mold would set in. it was nearly impossible to get rid of the stuff ... people tried bleach, oil of cloves, commercial dry heaters and nearly anything else, you could think of ... only when the humidity left the air, did the mold go away from the inside of the house. mold/fungus also grew outside the house after long periods of high humidity ... seemed to live in pavers and some trees - mostly leaves, but sometimes bark.

i found that if you managed to drop the humidity levels to around 80% (or lower) inside the home within a week (of course, earlier was better) ... the mold did not set in - you still got some fungus/mold, but it was manageable and could be cleaned up. it basically meant running the aircons non-stop until the humidity outside, went down below 90% for extended periods - this could be months. unfortunately i found this out the hard way ... first by not having an aircon and then a couple of times after, by being a tight arse and trying not to run the aircons full-time.

outdoors has heaps of different environmental factors to indoors ... but i noticed that the cucs/toms and other vegies that i grew got powdery mildew about the same amount of time (cucs always first though and toms last)  ... 7 days or so from when the humidity was constantly above 90% - in both the house and outside, fungus disease took hold regardless of wind/airflow. this was not an isolated thing either ... the whole area copped it. you could tell how bad the mold/fungus was in a season by whether there was any oil of clove available. the area had a fair proportion of mono-crop agriculture that used the cides, which could have affected things ... but overall, there was much more scrub/bush in these places and it seemed quite healthy.

hope that makes it clearer ... after re-reading, i can see how it could have sounded like an arrogant arsehole who claimed he never got mold because he thought his soil was excellent :) let me assure you ... that definitely isn't the case ... my soil is not dialed in ... as seen by the spots on my leaves a few days ago.

i have heaps to learn ... thx pdman and itch ... vids are good ... . :)

Edited by pug1010

Great Idea Flowering ! Have been searching online to add with my lucerne hay and worm castings for other additives. This has saved me heaps ! Any idea on aloe vera 200, insect frass, silica, rock dusts and other suppliers which are easy/cheap source to deal with? Got plenty of Cockroach Poo here after our

L o n g HOT Summer !! Lair-iza

Hi lairiza Organic gardening solutions sells insect frass with added chitosan .Cheers [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk