List of Australian Organic NoTill Amendments and Components

hope this one is clear enough ... happened on about 5 of the lowest/first fan leaves. only 1 or 2 tips on each leaf - nothing an any other leaf. noticed it, the next time after watering the fulvic/ps/aloe. nothing further happened - no leaves have got more spots or have worsened.

not a problem ... just interested as haven't seen it before ... especially as carb was just mentioning something similar (although without the spots).

post-14354-0-26442500-1554110651_thumb.jpg

did you put more on than normal on & being stems i'm guessing they were fresh = full of moisture 

which ultimately will leach out , some will evaporate some will go though the soil 

but that sounds a lill to quick , put them on one day & the next you have burnt tips

to fast for the stems to be the prob i reckon , but just my opinion , could def be wrong   

maybe a tad more than normal mate ... yep ... they were fresh - very green.

in any case ... reckon i will half the fulvic/ps next time round - which will be a bit longer interval than normal.

know where you're coming from itch with the cover crop ... only have pots (no ground soil), so can't access all the real goodies from dynamic accumulators - still use nettle and comfrey though ... with some other herbs. might pick up some green manure mix for the next round.

it's just your into it , looking at all these things that most wouldn't notice ( maybe not most on oz stoners )

some might even say it ultimately makes no diff , maybe there right , i don't think so but

i'm like you , when you see this shit you wanna know why , if your lucky enough

to find the answer you might find it means zero to you right now but as we continue to 

learn , 2 years down the track that answer now makes complete sense , another piece 

of the puzzle gets put into place of a jigsaw that might never get finished 

ps i say if your lucky cos the strain you grow might be the only reason you see what you see 

thanks for the good advice itch.:)

growing for me is just as much fun as vaping ... and i love vaping.:) not sure if your a vaper or smoker mate, but reckon you definitely love the growing side of things. it's only a canna thing with me - other plants don't have the same appeal. i don't have a green thumb, but enjoy the mixture of technology, research and intuition that is needed to put it all into practice in an enjoyable way. reckon dakka, besides all the medical and fun effects, allows us to jump out of our everyday grooves for a short while and look at things objectively by removing so many filters. it's a positive thing that deserves the best soil ... hehehe

anyway, as to the growing ... some things are slowly getting dialed in ... others will take a bit longer.

i'm really enjoying the one plant thing at the moment, but that could also be part of the problem ... :) ... not as many leaves to look at, so i start to notice more things - especially when i keep plucking them.:)

totally agree mate ... might not have the knowledge yet, but maybe further down the track it will become clearer. if not ... still doesn't matter, as someone else might be able to get some use from the problem and info.

• Upvote 1

So is the non red Kelp no good then?

I read about ful\sil burning plants only today.

Apparently a symptom of having a "perfect" soil. Or "fully charged", I forget the exact words used.

I'm sceptical to say the least.

Organic people generally seem to radiate towards additions despite one of the big advantages of a good soil being the "no maintenance" that is pushed.

Maybe drop the fulvic for a while, less is more kind of way? Do you have a control plant you can compare with?

How are the potassium levels in that top mulch you reckon? I had a potassium excess start like that.

• Upvote 1

So is the non red Kelp no good then?

I read about ful\sil burning plants only today.

Apparently a symptom of having a "perfect" soil. Or "fully charged", I forget the exact words used.

I'm sceptical to say the least.

Organic people generally seem to radiate towards additions despite one of the big advantages of a good soil being the "no maintenance" that is pushed.

Maybe drop the fulvic for a while, less is more kind of way? Do you have a control plant you can compare with?

How are the potassium levels in that top mulch you reckon? I had a potassium excess start like that.

hey carb :)

good advice - i'll wait a fair while before doing fulvic/ps watering - at least until the colas start filling out more. in my current situation, only have room for one flowering plant, so no way to compare. also last grow with lemon skunk was with a cmh315, which is a bit different to household leds. as you say ... hard to stop tinkering ... but maybe time to start.:)

interesting about potassium levels in the mulch ... just read that coriander and parsley have pretty high levels of potassium ... mixed with potassium silicate (2.5ml diluted in 2l of water), this could definitely have a bearing. as itchy said ... the herbs might not have fully released their nutrients ... but mixed with ps ... that could possibly do it. also looked tonight ... the coriander/potassium stalks are already dried out.

thanks carb ... will keep an eye on it in future and make sure not to do both at once.

as to the kelp ... brown kelp is best.:) if i had some red though, id probably try it out ... lmao ... so full circle again eh ... like you said, Organic people generally seem to radiate towards additions.

I overdid it with comfrey not a foliar to cause the potassium excess.

What type is the comfrey you use?

not sure carb ... sorry should have been clearer. i have stinging nettle, fenugreek, parsley, coriander and a few other herbs that pop up now and then in my cover crops in fabric pots. the comfrey, i get from my local community garden. had a good chat with them about soil testing and they are on the ball and grow everything using organic inputs - very handy to have around. also lavender, rosemary, dandelions and other herbs available at the local markets - organic and cheap. have grown comfrey before outside ... liked putting it in tree stumps ... worked a charm, but indoors in a 15gal pot ... not much use.

wow ... never thought comfrey would lead to a potassium excess either ... good info mate. just out of interest ... how much did you put on?