List of Australian Organic NoTill Amendments and Components

No problem.

Our lime comes from Gippsland Glencoe company, it's sourced from ancient coral deposits and is best suited for organic agriculture.

Gypsum is simply natural gypsum from a north west Victorian mine, they supply most organic farmers in the state.

Neem meal is certified organic and imported from India by a company called PLANC. He is a well known agronomist and assists farmers in reducing their chemical inputs with Neem products.

Kelp meal is Irish, certified organic in Ireland and imported by Agricultural Solutions who are highly respected regenerative agricultural consultants.

Soft Rock Phosphate is certified organic from Nutri-Tech

Basalt rock dust is sourced from a Daylesford quarry and is popular amongst biodynamic farmers in the area, even as far as north coast NSW due to its incredibly high paramagnetic levels.

Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss is sustainably harvested under strict Canadian guidelines for peat bog management and is of superior quality to European brands. It contains microorganisms and nutrients as it is naturally sun dried.

Our worm castings are made by Big Bio. Big Bio has been certified organic under NASAA guidelines and is a rich source of humus. Most importantly they are providing a solution to food waste by turning it into a high value horticultural input.

Our compost is also made by Big Bio or Geelong Compost who produces their matured product under the soil food web principals an work with Mary Cole of Ag Path to ensure biological diversity.

Scoria is just scoria... As aeration.

200x Aloe powder is also certified organic, is whole leaf and grown in Australia.

Thanks DNG :)

wow ... i wish every business was that open.

Big thanks and respect   .... kudos brother. :)

• Upvote 1

another product i use allot of is EM-1 , effective microorganisms

although not a mountain organics or coot ingredient

it is mentioned & used allot by members of the PFA , Probiotic Farmers Alliance

also EM is the main ingredient in bokashi grains https://www.bokashi.com.au/shop/Bokashi+One/Bokashi+One+Mix+1kg.html

1lt of EM-1 http://www.livingapartment.com.au/Products/Food-Supplements-Health-Care/Probiotic-Living-Beneficial-Micro-Organisms-1Ltr

you can get 500ml bottle as well , you can also extend 1lt , 500ml or any amount 20x your starting amount

the original has a shelf life of 12mths , the extended version has a shelf life of 6mths

extension cheat sheet

attachicon.gifEM1 extension.PNG

fermenting jars & airlocks

https://www.ozfarmer.com/canning-preserving-supplies/fermenting#/fermenting-jars-c529/sort=p.sort_order/order=ASC/limit=50

Hey itchy how do you use em-1 bran? Do you just mix it together with the soil?

Also do you know if I can use dealuted bokashi juice to water my plants? And how often could I water with it?

I do have constant supply of bokashi juice

Thanks

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

hey spider 

yep you can mix bokashi grains in your soil mix  

i also use it when i top dress 

you can def use bokashi juice to feed plants 

might have to play round with a dilution rate 

but will work very well i would suggest 

just use a test plant to play with , like a tomato or something & really try to kill it with the juice 

also keep in mind the juice is going to vary a lill depending on what food scrapes are added to the bucket

that only matters if your trying to use the juice at a max dilution rate  , workout max tying to kill the tomato 

then stay at half that strength on the important plants , that should be cool with most of the possible variation in the juice   

• Upvote 1

hey spider

yep you can mix bokashi grains in your soil mix

i also use it when i top dress

you can def use bokashi juice to feed plants

might have to play round with a dilution rate

but will work very well i would suggest

just use a test plant to play with , like a tomato or something & really try to kill it with the juice

also keep in mind the juice is going to vary a lill depending on what food scrapes are added to the bucket

that only matters if your trying to use the juice at a max dilution rate , workout max tying to kill the tomato

then stay at half that strength on the important plants , that should be cool with most of the possible variation in the juice

Thanks a lot

Good idea to use tomato plant as a test I will def try that.

Came across this article

https://bokashiliving.com/medical-marihuana-using-bokashi-bran-to-grow-strong-plants/

Final yeild was increased by more then 20% using bokashi em1.

Impressive

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

that was a cool test spider 

i think a few synthetic growers are now incorporating some kind of microorganisms in between synthetic feeds 

not a synthetic grower myself so not sure how that is put together but seems to be doing well for them 

i find using bokashi bran or grokashi as i use with EM-1 increases plant health quite allot 

which is where the increase in yields in that test comes from , i think , i'm guessing of cause 

• Upvote 1

Hi Stoners, been awhile :ph34r: Are you making your EM-1 Itchy?

Faith :sun:

Hey ya faith 

how ya been mate 

hope the growing gods have been good to you

bit hard to make EM-1 at home but i have def made LABs , Lactic acid bacteria 

which is a main part or organism in EM-1

i generally buy EM-1 these days though faith although i think making labs at home 

gives you a product not to be sneezed at

fermenting post-50689-0-19162100-1557286358_thumb.jpg

feed the cheese to ya dog post-50689-0-69968800-1557286567_thumb.jpg

LABs b4 activation with molasses post-50689-0-81237700-1557286653_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1