List of Australian Organic NoTill Amendments and Components

yeah that would right mate , i wasn't looking at the wood vinegar from green man char when i posted 

sorry bout that monk , does seem like interesting stuff 

other thing i found interesting today 

i was listening to a woman from a beneficial insect producer in the us , it's a short vid of her

suggesting what to do to prevent spider mite , her starting point was plant beans as a sacrificial

plant or trap plant , she suggests planting beans every couple week so you can move in a fresh succulent

bean plant regularly , they also attract white fly & thrips but mostly spider mite 

I guess this would fit into the "Organic no till ammendments and componants"

Question : I flipped the girls two weeks ago and want to give them some more natural phosphorus and potassium to bulk up my flowers, naturally of course !

I made up my own no till/ super soil mixture and I think they got a little Nitrogen burn (from what i have researched?)

Once I topdressed with some sea bird guano and granite stone they improved.

I have read that Mung bean sprouted SST mixed with Molasses is good ( does it have to be a special Molasses? Or any one will do?)

Any ideas ? I am looking forward the fruits of my first indoor grow !!

be a little careful with molasses , it'll feed fungi & bacteria but mostly feed bacteria which is good at the start 

with canna you prob want a lill more fungal dominate soil in flowering & i agree with carb a little molasses go's a long way 

bacteria are fairly easy to build in a soil , fungal takes a little longer to build

so more fungal based teas with fish hydrolysate (not fish emulsion) as a food source 

i'm going to pop into a new pure chocolate shop today , they do demo's of how chocolate is 

produced from cocoa bean to block of choc , yes i like chocolate but i'm going in there 

to see what they do with the cocoa bean shells which are great to top dress & feed fungi

however if you have a dog stay clear of using cocoa shells as they are quite toxic to dogs 

if they eat it i read  

for flowering , kelp teas & top dresses , coconut water , silica , casting top dresses , amino acids 

there are a few things you can use , have a look at https://buildasoil.com/pages/the-complete-system schedule for some ideas

the tip burn could be the use of a little to much N in your soil mix , which is easy to do  

if you wanna make your own fish hydrolysate you can , fish , brown sugar , water & EM-1 or home made LAB's lactic acid bacteria 

post-50689-0-92048600-1569017922_thumb.png

i posted a thread on this vid a while ago , worth the almost 12 min of your time to watch https://youtu.be/8ugaL6wsXME

I've been watching lots of Chris Trump videos on KNF, between me converting from hydro to NoTill for my cannabis grow and researching KNF, I just feel more excited about gardening in general, that I want to have a crack at small scale KNF in my greenhouse, but what get's me is that when he makes his products like IMO 2, FPJ, OHN and a few others he is using non-organic products like the brown sugar, the beer for the OHN, the rice for collecting IMO 1, etc etc. And I was on a thought path of to be organic it really should be "Organic in" creates "Organic out" mentality 

Can someone clarify this for me, am I over thinking the whole organic philosophy? Or is KNF exactly that, just a natural way to farm and not true organic, and one could go full blown organic KNF

Edited by NakedMonk

yeah that is correct organic means organic but in knf , not that i'm an expert in the area but my understanding is 

yes it's a natural way of farming that came from a time when all ingredients that were used in knf were organic

plus all those knf solutions require organisms doing there thing to make the final products , organisms & chemicals 

don't mix to well 

keep in mind too , some organic certifications talk about safe levels not zero tolerance , my understanding of this is 

safe levels came from organic farmers that farmed next to non organic farms , where cross contamination happens lots 

basically wind blowing chemical pesticides on to next doors organic crops & farmers getting pinged in testing for not sticking

to organic practices which was not true  

i used to know which certifications were which when it came to the difference from zero tolerance or safe levels but i haven't

looked into it for a minute , might have all changed by now , i think ACO Australian Certified Organic were zero tolerance but

i could have that wrong & some of the ones based in the US of A were safe levels 

it's hard to know which is which unfortunately & the time & effort required to chase info on all your ingredients is a pain 

i think it's the reason why companies like buildasoil in the US are kicking arse , they do all the research & you just walk in & buy 

hopefully easy as organics will be our buildasoil in oz ," i think " he's the only one with full organic products , dr greenthumb & OGS

have both organic & non organic products , again " i think " that's true 

do you know the book " One Straw Revolution " by Masanobu Fukuoka good place to start learning Korean Natural Farming 

• Upvote 2