List of Australian Organic NoTill Amendments and Components

I'm obviously new to this style of growing, and have ordered a bag of horticultural biochar from Green Man Char and initial impressions of the product and service are pretty good. Is it a good biochar? can't compare it to anything else as its only one I have used, but their product seems to match up with the description visually, I was also interested in their Charcoal for my smokers, which I will be testing a bag of that very soon. They wood vinegar they sell has caught my interest, but in the description it seems it is just some form of bong water (capturing of the smoke in their charring process)

Hey, I'm sure it's fine, as mentioned above however, Charman Biochar is next level in terms of its quality. Don't worry about the website. It's the product that matters.

• Upvote 1

be a little careful with molasses , it'll feed fungi & bacteria but mostly feed bacteria which is good at the start 

with canna you prob want a lill more fungal dominate soil in flowering & i agree with carb a little molasses go's a long way 

bacteria are fairly easy to build in a soil , fungal takes a little longer to build

so more fungal based teas with fish hydrolysate (not fish emulsion) as a food source 

i'm going to pop into a new pure chocolate shop today , they do demo's of how chocolate is 

produced from cocoa bean to block of choc , yes i like chocolate but i'm going in there 

to see what they do with the cocoa bean shells which are great to top dress & feed fungi

however if you have a dog stay clear of using cocoa shells as they are quite toxic to dogs 

if they eat it i read  

for flowering , kelp teas & top dresses , coconut water , silica , casting top dresses , amino acids 

there are a few things you can use , have a look at https://buildasoil.com/pages/the-complete-system schedule for some ideas

the tip burn could be the use of a little to much N in your soil mix , which is easy to do  

if you wanna make your own fish hydrolysate you can , fish , brown sugar , water & EM-1 or home made LAB's lactic acid bacteria 

attachicon.giffish hydollysate quick guide.PNG

i posted a thread on this vid a while ago , worth the almost 12 min of your time to watch https://youtu.be/8ugaL6wsXME

This is all great info. I'll also add to this, the aim in a living soil garden is to grow self sufficient plants... we want to promote the plant/microbial exchange in the rhizosphere. When you start adding too many plant foods or microbe foods it can start to throw this natural symbiosis out of balance. Focus on soil health, the rest will follow.

This is all great info. I'll also add to this, the aim in a living soil garden is to grow self sufficient plants... we want to promote the plant/microbial exchange in the rhizosphere. When you start adding too many plant foods or microbe foods it can start to throw this natural symbiosis out of balance. Focus on soil health, the rest will follow.

hey DNG

thanks for adding that 

you in the factory this saturday , grand final day , cos i was planning on paying you a visit 

& making the most of your september discount :)

• Upvote 1