Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

I called/emailed a few places to see about their soils

Ki-Karma

The ph range for our Organic Potting Mix from 6.0 to 6.8. Variance in ph is normal as it is a natural product,

so sometimes it may go beyond these ranges, also it is produced in very large quantities up to 50m3 at a time.

----------------

Scotts Orangic Potting mix range of ph 5.5 - 6.2

----------------------------

Rocky Point eco mix 5.3 6.5ph regularly tested

Eco Potting Mix contains a unique blend of composted organic materials, essential drainage components, lime, dolomite, iron, nitrogen and natural trace elements. Our product is prepared under strict quality control measures in keeping with Australian Standards and NIASA Best Practice to ensure ongoing consistency.

They also have a CoCo mix

https://rockypoint.com.au/products/pottingmix/coco-pro/

-----------------------------------------------

Mix now i use Searles Advanced Premium 12month slow release fert 5.3ph - 6.5 range. Its not orangic though.

And great research Smokey

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks Kloud9, will look at the Debco potting mix, be sure to add the dolomite and dynamic lifter as you suggested. Since Debco was bought out by Scotts, assume the ph range would be the same, might try to find that out

Yep, and cool as i like to know the ph before adding dolomite as it will increase ph a little over time in soil, dynamic lifter is just an all over nutes for your soil mediums. This way is close to organic.

Although if you want ph water only grow, try Donothinggardening s organic living soil, top product, and Dr greenrhumbs water only soil packs. One thing I found getting into organic, better the product, the more you going to pay for it.

• Upvote 1

Its about the water holding and nutrient holding capacity of the soil along with right carbon to nitrogen ratio, cation or mineral balance and dense microbiome. A well constructed living organic soil has all of these things and will last a life time if used in a decent enough volume per plant, mulched and lightly amended between cycles. Any soil you buy from Bunnings will fall well short of this no matter what u try to add. Best to start with a tried and true recipe and source all ingredients from scratch using highest quality local compost and /or castings. If you do it right you will get years of harvests from your soil. We construct our blend along these principals. No shortcuts

Yep, and cool as i like to know the ph before adding dolomite as it will increase ph a little over time in soil, dynamic lifter is just an all over nutes for your soil mediums. This way is close to organic.

Although if you want ph water only grow, try Donothinggardening s organic living soil, top product, and Dr greenrhumbs water only soil packs. One thing I found getting into organic, better the product, the more you going to pay for it.

• Upvote 3

They sound very good Kloud8, yes with he right amount of dolomite the Searles non organic potting mix, we use ( purple bag) the PH range may be 5.5 to 6.8 instead of around 5.3 - 6.5

as for bunnings potting mix ( have to order this organic one in though

ph 6 - 6.8 ~ kikarma orangic potting mix ( sounds rather good on paper - might be a bit hot for seedlings or autos

The Benefits of Ki-Carma Organic Potting Mix:
  • Formulated to promote healthy growth and colour in all plants; shrubs & seedlings
  • Contains Seasol®, a seaweed concentrate that aids the promotion of flowering, fruiting and stimulates beneficial soil micro-organisms
  • Contains Organic IQ, a pelleted fertiliser produced from chicken manure; feather; fish meal; blood & bone which provides plant nutrients
  • Contains Coir Fibre, a by-product of coconut that maintains & locks in moisture
  • Contains Zeolite, a safe natural mineral that allows the potting mix to store and release moisture and nutrients to the plant

Its about the water holding and nutrient holding capacity of the soil along with right carbon to nitrogen ratio, cation or mineral balance and dense microbiome. A well constructed living organic soil has all of these things and will last a life time if used in a decent enough volume per plant, mulched and lightly amended between cycles. Any soil you buy from Bunnings will fall well short of this no matter what u try to add. Best to start with a tried and true recipe and source all ingredients from scratch using highest quality local compost and /or castings. If you do it right you will get years of harvests from your soil. We construct our blend along these principals. No shortcuts

Sounds a lovely mix, you sell them in bags, and of course you know we are growing canna in the potting mix lol cant really say to searles etc on the phone, what i'm growing so i ask for their ph range LD

I used to use a lot of Bunnings soil, only cos I have a few big outdoor gardens and a million pots and now over 40 m2 in new beds.

If you only have 1-300litres, I would strongly recommend starting with a proper crafted living soil blend like DNGs

Carbon, nice you much have a great supply, i only do 5 autos at a time,  65L and a bit i can fit into the pots