Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Ill be honest... I really wasn't expecting such a clear difference in the growth rate and general plant health until maybe later on. What this shows us is early plant development favours a biologically rich and diverse soil. I need to look at the other soil under the scope but I suspect it is devoid of biological diversity

I can that in 2020 itchy, as I have living soil indoor veggies now, are nearly ready,then a second lot will get planted, and propably a third and fourth of veggie run, then I'll do Coco vs living soil indoor run compassion test, using the same strains in each meduim. [emoji16][emoji106]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by kloud9

A plant should be able to grow in a decent soil with only water and I want to demonstrate that in the clearest way possible. They are all watered automatically with Blumats.

I would have thought that putting a small plant like that in the Bunnings mix is a bit unfair

Ideally u would still have that in seed raising mix until it was a bit bigger n more able to cope

To me it looks like the Bunnings mix is too hot for the plant at this stage of it's life

I'm not saying your soil isn't good ,u would expect it to outgrow a cheap Bunnings soil regardless

$14 product vs a $55 product.

Why don't U put yours up against an OGS or DrGT equilavent product?

The cheap bagged stuff can be amended or used as a base to create something heaps better and still come in way under $55.

Why don't you repeat the test after you use your recharge on the Scott's?

I'm not having a go at you. I realise you have to make money too.

Judge your product off your peers, not the junk people buy cos they think soil is soil.

I realise it's just a test against what most people buy but is anybody surprised at the result?

Why don't you take aim at the keen gardeners? I have some stuff @ $1 a litre that would give you a run for less than half the price:)

Keep up the good work dng but I feel you need to set your bar higher......:)

• Upvote 2

I can that in 2020 itchy

sweet , i'll look forward to seeing that kloud

well i guess this is the test dng has chosen to do , not to mention the shit storm that would be created by dng buying & testing openly his competitors products 

this test is better done by us as buyers with opinions imho 

it's only been over very recent years we've mostly stopped seeing new growers with bunnings brought soil products 

& we all seem to be still into the bottle nute buying at bunnings so i think he's demonstrating to the new guys on the scene

maybe not to the already converted  

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 2

I hear you itchy.

But a 9 second car beating a 12 second car is to be expected.

For balance and so i don't look like a complete dick, I have some dng soil and know it to be great stuff.

Good on ya K9, do u mean Coco with Coco nutes or Coco as the peat element?

Well dialled Coco hard to beat for speed

Edited by Carbcon
  • Upvote 1

I would have thought that putting a small plant like that in the Bunnings mix is a bit unfair

Ideally u would still have that in seed raising mix until it was a bit bigger n more able to cope

To me it looks like the Bunnings mix is too hot for the plant at this stage of it's life

I'm not saying your soil isn't good ,u would expect it to outgrow a cheap Bunnings soil regardless

Too hot? Like too much nitrates? Its meant to be organic. I raised them all in a seed raising mix to start with... Again, just trying to show people the difference between a quality potting mix and a commercially available potting mix from Bunnings.