Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Don't put words in my mouth DC, when did i say the results were in?

At that stage of their lives I would assume that the Scott's has something like "feeds for 3 months" or something similar on the side, so yes, water should be all they need at this stage of their lives...

Im the one saying the results look done not you DC and the scotts has lost by a long way.

I was also asking about what you mentioned if the scotts was water only if it is it's a fair comparison.

All good DC. [emoji16]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

good to see dng

this is just a test between a living soil & an expensive , brought at bunnings , soilless medium , as most if not all potting soils are at bunnings 

( dng is doing what a home gardener would do by buying at bunnings to grow some chili's ) 

$14- https://www.bunnings.com.au/scotts-25l-pure-organic-premium-potting-and-planting-mix_p2961986

$55- https://easyasorganics.com.au/product/water-only-organic-soil-blend/

now considering the price difference you could afford to buy a couple bottles of nutrients with ya potting soil

but will that fix the discrepancy or just compound the prob we see in the pic above

if we assume this discrepancy won't be changing as those plants grow in the coming weeks the real question is , What are your canna / food plants worth to you & your health 

would you be happy with spending $14 on potting mix $12 on charlie carp & $12 on seasol to get something close to what you see in the potting soil side of the pic above , keeping in mind a sickly plant 

attracts more sickly problems like pests & pathogens 

look forward to watching the progress but i'm pretty sure at this point we all can see the future for a couple of those chili's i reckon  

• Upvote 2

Im assuming you are just watering both. Does it say anywhere that the scotts product only needs water for a fair comparison.

Or is this just to give an idea of water only compared to a potting mix.

A plant should be able to grow in a decent soil with only water and I want to demonstrate that in the clearest way possible. They are all watered automatically with Blumats.
  • Upvote 1

2 water only soils. Not a complete living soil against a potting mix.

I have no interest in comparing other similar products... I want to demonstrate using a real controlled environment, the difference between a high quality, properly constructed soil and a commercially available potting mix. How many other products would I need to buy to make it a "fair" test? It is what it is, a "rich organic potting mix for x months" according to label. I simply planted a bunch of chilli seedlings into each one, put under a light with a small tube heater and extraction fan with auto watering and let them do their thing. Adding nutrients to some and not others will change the control and bias the trial entirely, however for the next one Id be happy to try a side by side trial of living soil and a soilless media using bottled nutrients?
  • Upvote 1

good to see dng

this is just a test between a living soil & an expensive , brought at bunnings , soilless medium , as most if not all potting soils are at bunnings 

( dng is doing what a home gardener would do by buying at bunnings to grow some chili's ) 

$14- https://www.bunnings.com.au/scotts-25l-pure-organic-premium-potting-and-planting-mix_p2961986

$55- https://easyasorganics.com.au/product/water-only-organic-soil-blend/

now considering the price difference you could afford to buy a couple bottles of nutrients with ya potting soil

but will that fix the discrepancy or just compound the prob we see in the pic above

if we assume this discrepancy won't be changing as those plants grow in the coming weeks the real question is , What are your canna / food plants worth to you & your health 

would you be happy with spending $14 on potting mix $12 on charlie carp & $12 on seasol to get something close to what you see in the potting soil side of the pic above , keeping in mind a sickly plant 

attracts more sickly problems like pests & pathogens 

look forward to watching the progress but i'm pretty sure at this point we all can see the future for a couple of those chili's i reckon

Yeah, well put, exactly... Just trying to emulate what a regular gardener would do. Btw, its an organic compost based potting soil... According to label.
  • Upvote 1