Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

$14 product vs a $55 product.

Why don't U put yours up against an OGS or DrGT equilavent product?

The cheap bagged stuff can be amended or used as a base to create something heaps better and still come in way under $55.

Why don't you repeat the test after you use your recharge on the Scott's?

I'm not having a go at you. I realise you have to make money too.

Judge your product off your peers, not the junk people buy cos they think soil is soil.

I realise it's just a test against what most people buy but is anybody surprised at the result?

Why don't you take aim at the keen gardeners? I have some stuff @ $1 a litre that would give you a run for less than half the price:)

Keep up the good work dng but I feel you need to set your bar higher......:)

Im not sure what u mean... People ask me why 55 dollars, Im running a test to demonstrate why lol

Im not going to start talking shit about my competitors, they are doing great things and Im not going to compare my product against theirs. Alot of people ask me constantly about my soil and what makes it different to a potting mix you can buy at Bunnings. Adding things to a random potting mix will be another trial. Just growing plants with a control, nothing more nothing less. A big part of starting this business is educating the market, people like yourself are already well versed in soil food web principals and what makes a good soil. But most aren't and require a fair bit of simple info to demonstrate key points of difference.

Edited by DoNothingGarden
  • Upvote 1

Also, Im doing this test for the wider gardening community. There might be a handful of people here who would get a kick out of a trial that they want to see... But the most useful test for the general gardening community will be to differentiate betwren a mainstream, commercially available potting mix and a high quality hand crafted living soil. When I have more money I will setup more tents and take trial requests haha
  • Upvote 3

I think it's great that you are on here, don't see any of the others so thanks for that.

There's a huge gap between $14 and $55.

If $14 is the best of the bunnings and it's pretty shit, yours is $55 and really good, does that mean that one has to step up to the $55 price mark to get good results?

Also, is the product from Bunnings the best of their range?

They had a $4 for 25l cheap tomato mix before that went gangbusters. Full of blood n bone but unbeatable for the money.

Edited by Carbcon
  • Upvote 1

It was the most expensive I could find but as u say, certainly doesnt mean its the best! It's really just a first trial as mentioned, to demonstrate plant health in a quality living soil. Id be happy to start a new trial next that potentially compares our latest mix with and without. Added inputs throughout growing cycle. And perhaps test against a similar Cornell style living soil mix but with cheaper compost and observe the difference

• Upvote 3

Its just a bit of a pointless comparison your soil should beat anything you can buy from bunnings by a long way. Like carb said 8s car vs 12s car.

Like itichy said a comparison of your soil with something like coco on full nutes would be good because i am considering useing both in the future.

Not trying to bag ya mate sorry if it came across that way.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

i haven't seen anyone bag anyone else , discussion is good 

only good can come from voicing opinions in discussions & not just attacking each other just cos ya can 

I think it's great that you are on here, don't see any of the others so thanks for that.

There's a huge gap between $14 and $55.

If $14 is the best of the bunnings and it's pretty shit, yours is $55 and really good, does that mean that one has to step up to the $55 price mark to get good results?

Also, is the product from Bunnings the best of their range?
They had a $4 for 25l cheap tomato mix before that went gangbusters. Full of blood n bone but unbeatable for the money.

carb maybe you might have forgotten what it's like to be a newb , i'm sure you've 

been to bunnings & brought the most expensive potting mix you can buy , i know i did 

even went the other direction & brought the cheapest & ended up exactly the same , shit 

i should say there was prob more fault with the grower at that time than the soil mix i was using 

but it took some shit grows / wasted seeds B4 i understood "soils ain't soils sole"

i wish i had someone show me this back then might not have wasted my time & effort as

long as i did at bunnings 

Umm i just have coco with about 15-20% perlite atm, doing a auto winter test run in it now, so use Nutes or just amdemants for the test, same as organic amendment s in organic mediums..? Thoughts everyone?

So many options..

hey Kloud i reckon use the coco with coco bottled nutes , trying to get coco to work by adding kelp meal

neem meal gypsum dolomite ect would need some testing B4 having something you might be able 

to use , the prob being all those amendments need converting to plant available nutrients from the raw ingredient 

that's in the coco mix 

i'm no expert in the coco field so maybe someone might have a different take than i  

• Upvote 1