How long until I'm harvesting?

Well ive got a fair few seeds and i like experiments so ill do the nail and the 48 hour dark will be around March April next year. Eva take a few photos b4 and after you do the dark and i was thinking maybe you should take a bud off after flush and b4 you do the dark then you can compare them smoke wise

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Using that headthinker [emoji6] sounds like a plan to me! Will let you know how I go if you let me know how you go [emoji16]

I have used the harvest just before the sun comes up for nearly all of my growing life, I think it definitely improves the taste n smell of the gear , especially outdoors

The theory is that the plant is not performing photosynthesis at that time and the pump in the plant is off, this allows the nutrients in system have a chance to drain back down to the root system hence creating a smoother smoke

If you r growing in soil flushing would be useless as the will always be something left in the soil

I have looked into lighting cycles for indoors and have found a 6/2 light cycle is far superior to other cycles

The theory’s behind this is that at some point during the day the plant has had enough light n can’t use the extra light anyway

The 6/2 cycle allows the plant to use all 18 hrs of light in the most efficient manner n all gives it a chance to dump the co2 that it has absorbed before saturation levels r reached n the plant stops processing it, there’s simply no room left

As to light cycles and more hrs darkness b4 harvesting it won’t make any difference was the plant has stopped photosynthesis it only takes 1 night cycle to be ready to start the next day

12 hrs light is the minimum requirement for flowering, but u could then give 14 hrs light no problems, u just push your harvest time out a bit longer but gain a bigger yield

I would believe there would be a cut off around 16 light , haven’t tried this but what I can find this seems to be the max

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I have used the harvest just before the sun comes up for nearly all of my growing life, I think it definitely improves the taste n smell of the gear , especially outdoors

The theory is that the plant is not performing photosynthesis at that time and the pump in the plant is off, this allows the nutrients in system have a chance to drain back down to the root system hence creating a smoother smoke

If you r growing in soil flushing would be useless as the will always be something left in the soil

I have looked into lighting cycles for indoors and have found a 6/2 light cycle is far superior to other cycles

The theory’s behind this is that at some point during the day the plant has had enough light n can’t use the extra light anyway

The 6/2 cycle allows the plant to use all 18 hrs of light in the most efficient manner n all gives it a chance to dump the co2 that it has absorbed before saturation levels r reached n the plant stops processing it, there’s simply no room left

As to light cycles and more hrs darkness b4 harvesting it won’t make any difference was the plant has stopped photosynthesis it only takes 1 night cycle to be ready to start the next day

12 hrs light is the minimum requirement for flowering, but u could then give 14 hrs light no problems, u just push your harvest time out a bit longer but gain a bigger yield

I would believe there would be a cut off around 16 light , haven’t tried this but what I can find this seems to be the max

Awesome advice there Micmac.

Looks great Eva, won’t be too long now from what I can see

The advice was handed down to me many moons ago, hope it serves u as well as it has me

Learn as much as u can about how plants actually work then tailor this knowledge to your grows

Looks great Eva, won’t be too long now from what I can see

The advice was handed down to me many moons ago, hope it serves u as well as it has me

Learn as much as u can about how plants actually work then tailor this knowledge to your grows

A lot of my ways of dealing with growth problems came from your wisdom. Tis already serving me well. I'm stoked how she came out from what she looked like when I got her a couple months ago. Maybe I won't fail at this growing caper after all lol. This fkn plant is the reason I decided to start from seed. Trying to sort her out while she was already in preflower and that fucked up is why I've been doing nothing but researching growing for two straight months.

post-63203-1523086875_thumb.jpeg

U should be proud , doesn’t look anything like the 1 u started with, if u want my advice I’m more than happy to share with you or anyone else , but remember it’s what works for me might not suit everyone

You made me feel pretty proud just now lol. She got heat stress from the sun being too intense and the pot being a plastic black one about a month ago. Was a run of 41° heat, direct sunlight. We've just had to repaint where she was sitting because the sun destroyed it. Idiotic mistake of a noob, thought all that sun and heat was fine as long as I gave her water. Yeah, wrong. Burned the shit out of one of the main buds and stressed out because all that water in a plastic black pot sitting on a deck painted dark brown and absorbing every bit of heat, I made myself a root soup. Took a lot of love and seasol to nurse her back to health. The best thing about getting in and having a go is that even if you fuck up, you know what to change next time. Couldn't give a shit if I only got a tenner off each of the autoflowers I planted from seed. With you guys here, I'll figure out what I stuffed up and then I'll go again. Will get it right eventually.

You really do have to learn about everything ever when you're researching how to grow cannabis. You'll never get good results if you focus solely on getting the biggest amount of buds of a plant. Better to learn literally from under the ground up, I reckon. I obsessed over my potting mix for weeks and the mycorrhizae I wanted, asking questions and just having a look around. Couldn't be happier with what I'm growing in. Seriously can't get over how beautiful and green my White Widow is. She's growing so fast, too.

Ahh, I just love that I've finally found a hobby where my OCD pays off instead of causing large amounts of stress and obsessive cleaning. It's keeping my head cool. I'm learning more about this than I've ever learned about anything and I'm teaching my kids too with veggies.

No wonder they want to keep it banned. Best medicine out even when you're just simply learning about growing it.

• Upvote 2

She got heat stress from the sun being too intense and the pot being a plastic black one about a month ago. Was a run of 41° heat, direct sunlight.

The root temps were the problem. So long as the roots are cool the rest of the plant can handle full sun and 50c+ without an issue.

If anything it helps by increasing resin production from my experience.

• Upvote 2