How long until I'm harvesting?

Some science would be lovely. Although science has said that terpenes are the essential oils of a plant. Oil doesn't just desolves because it touched a bit of water. Nor are they that fragile they all break off at a single touch. If that was true, how would we harvest them? You'd deadset lose more terpenes and cannabinoids when you grind or chop up. They aren't all gonna make it to ya brain, unfortunately. I doubt anymore would be removed in a h2o2 water solution than touching them. The human skin excretes oils that can fuck with the oils on the buds morr than water or hydrogen peroxide could. I don't particularly want to wear gloves. I like sticky fingers. I'm not a germaphobe, but I feel a bit yuck knowing that shit is on my buds. That's like purposely swallowing if a fly goes in your mouth, you know it's there but you do it anyway. Might not cause much harm, but is anyone willing to light a fly up in their cone peace and smoke it knowing it's there?

Maybe you would, maybe I would, but I'd prefer a fly fresh from a bath than one that's been decomposing on your plant with it's shit everywhere. If you find bug shit through ya cereal, are you still gonna eat it? Worse that can do is give you an upset tummy, just like smoking a bit of dust and bug shit might just make you cough, but maybe that will manifest one day into something serious. Especially if you're smoking bud from an indoor set up where there was foliar feeding with chemicals first. Alright for us folk that can smoke what we grow but we aren't all that lucky.

Only think I'm suss on is the lemon. I use lemons to clean the residual bath oils and skin oils from the inside of my bath, however I also have to use salt as an abrasive for it to really actually clean it. Wouldn't use the bottled stuff, only fresh. Preservatives in the bottled stuff wouldn't be good.

Fuck it! Let's make it a full on experiment! Most buds left alone, one dunked in just water, one in h2o2 and rinsed with water, some in lemon and bicarb and water rinsed with water, and some with the entire mixture.

i think we have a mis understanding, im not so much arguing about any break down of the terpenes or anythign else as to why not to do it, im questioning wether through natural processes by the time a bud is dry and chopped, certain dusts or poop are rendered for consumption or less harmful, that those things you deem worth washing away are the same as they were when wet is the main argument, i dont smoke wet bud, and water bong is my usual filter, to me i wash my bud as its coming through the bong, ive never seen anyone wash a dry bud in a container full of water before lighting it up, your never gona have a fresh bud from the bath theres a long time delay between the 2

I've been giving plants darkness before harvest ,,mostly 72 hrs ,,,once or twice for 48 hrs.

I didn't stop after the first time because I had a noticeable difference upon close inspection and in feel.

Only had one crop that it didn't make any or much difference to ,,,

Don't need to do clone experiments or anything to compare ,,,you compare it to the snapshot image in your mind that you took 72 hrs earlier.

Talked a bit about it here a while back but most we're a bit doubtful.So it's good there is some interest in trying it.

As to any other difference than look and feel I can't say ,,prob need a laboratory for that.

So I can't really say it's stronger as I don't know ,but definitely more appealing to the eye.

Tends to make me think oil or hash production would rise ,,,,but that's just my speculation.

One warning ,,,,beware the room humidity ,,,One grow of sixteen small plants I got mould on two of them .not much though.

probably wouldn't have happened if the light was coming on and off to raise the temp ,,,,I don't know.

Also ,,it rained that week , and also they were a little overdue,,,so some variables going on but high humidity is something I'll be wary of in the future, maybe I would have got mould anyway ,,,,

This has been an interesting thread to read evatil,, , happy birthday for whenever it was in the last day or two

Me is sleepy nigh nigh.

Nice to see someone interested in the idea before writing it off and mocking the idea before even trying it.

I dunno if I deserve to be made to feel like a fuckwit for wanting to try something that is largely unknown about. I read a few of the higher income channels did send away for lab testing, will see what I can find.

Bottom line is, guys, until you try something yourself you can have an opinion on it. Until you've done it yourself or found researched proof it washes off way more than environmental impurities, you can't really advise on the subject.

I've spent long enough being told what to do and doing it. I'm finally confident enough to try something new and take a chance after struggling to overcome PTSD and severe anxiety.

All for a ribbing but not a sly piss take when I've done nothing but suggest trying a new method on MY buds. I've been polite and respectful, too.

Feels bad man.

i think we have a mis understanding, im not so much arguing about any break down of the terpenes or anythign else as to why not to do it, im questioning wether through natural processes by the time a bud is dry and chopped, certain dusts or poop are rendered for consumption or less harmful, that those things you deem worth washing away are the same as they were when wet is the main argument, i dont smoke wet bud, and water bong is my usual filter, to me i wash my bud as its coming through the bong, ive never seen anyone wash a dry bud in a container full of water before lighting it up, your never gona have a fresh bud from the bath theres a long time delay between the 2

You wash the buds while they're still wet and then hang them to drip dry somewhere with a fan, then put them in your dry space. Preferably do it just after harvest, but within 24 hours should be okay.

I don't know if there would certainly be health concerns from it, and I get what you're saying, but I just can't get past the idea of purposely inhaling that shit now I've seen it, if I can prevent it. It's all airbourne, we breathe it anyway, but doesn't mean we can't limit these things.

People can get really ill from inhaling certain things in the air. Asthma sufferers are some of them. I get seasonal asthma in winter and my smoking days are limited because I just cannot smoke sometimes without having a huge coughing fit that has me going for my reliever. Breathing in dust mite feces can make you really ill, too, and mould spores.

Would just like to try something that may help others. That's all.

Wash ya buds, i washed some of mine, sure i said that,

there is no need to be respectful or polite, let it rip lol

I need to have a cone and relax, hey. lol sorry.

Just wound real tight at the moment have had another kiddo come into our care in less than ideal circumstances. Just trying to make the poor little poppet feel at home. This kiddo has a lot of behaviours that are common with ADHD and autism, amongst other things. Has been treated badly, the poor little mite. Just really sad at how people in this world could hurt such a defenceless little person. Bit soft on the heart tonight, guys, sorry. Writing these novels of posts is the only thing distracting me from the pure evil on this planet in human form.

• Upvote 1

You wash the buds while they're still wet and then hang them to drip dry somewhere with a fan, then put them in your dry space. Preferably do it just after harvest, but within 24 hours should be okay.

I don't know if there would certainly be health concerns from it, and I get what you're saying, but I just can't get past the idea of purposely inhaling that shit now I've seen it, if I can prevent it. It's all airbourne, we breathe it anyway, but doesn't mean we can't limit these things.

People can get really ill from inhaling certain things in the air. Asthma sufferers are some of them. I get seasonal asthma in winter and my smoking days are limited because I just cannot smoke sometimes without having a huge coughing fit that has me going for my reliever. Breathing in dust mite feces can make you really ill, too, and mould spores.

Would just like to try something that may help others. That's all.

i still dont think we are exactly on the same page, your saying youve seen the stuff, youve only seen the stuff washed off wet bud, theres been noone show what washes off dry bud or how the air interacts with the dry bud if the particles of whatever this nasty stuff is just vanish into the air, i see what may be bad stuff in my water bong and change the water each session, just my opinion but i think the final filter you inhale through may be more important than the washing part, im interested  and have read probably the same as you have but still not sure what the actual benefits are yet

every single person here who is considered an educated grower through many years of expieriece would have washed there buds at some point if not many many times for many different reasons and usually out of necessity not for pleasure, washin buds is not new nor unknown about,far from it lol i think the advice you have received has been given to you in order to help you not degrade the little bit of immature buds you have, i looked at your pics and can tell you its unnecessary to wash them, they dont need to be washed so why do it? washing them will only degrade the qaulity and im telling you that from my own experience of washing hundreds of buds and never ever would i use a hot or warm water or chemicals to do it if i did infact have a genuine need to do it, i wouldn't take it to personally it just that its hard for us more experienced growers to see someone degrade there own work deliberately and not listen to the sound advice that could have helped keep it a reasonable smoke, people have been trying to point you in the right direction but you seem intent on going backwards? its like watching someone shoot themselves in there own foot, anyways the advice was given but there your buds so do what you see fit with them, again dont take it personally some people have to learn the hard way, and even if your did come back saying how much better they are well only the inexperienced will believe it because those of us that have done it know better and know the expected outcome from experience of doing it ourselves, cheers mate,,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey GQ, that's cool. This is what I want, people who have done it to tell me their experiences with it. I want to know what happens, why it's not a good idea, etc. The reason I'm still continuing with doing it is because I haven't been given a reason why yet except some terpene loss. I've never been good at being told no without a why, I guess.