How long until I'm harvesting?

Nice to see someone interested in the idea before writing it off and mocking the idea before even trying it.

I dunno if I deserve to be made to feel like a fuckwit for wanting to try something that is largely unknown about. I read a few of the higher income channels did send away for lab testing, will see what I can find.

Bottom line is, guys, until you try something yourself you can have an opinion on it. Until you've done it yourself or found researched proof it washes off way more than environmental impurities, you can't really advise on the subject.

I've spent long enough being told what to do and doing it. I'm finally confident enough to try something new and take a chance after struggling to overcome PTSD and severe anxiety.

All for a ribbing but not a sly piss take when I've done nothing but suggest trying a new method on MY buds. I've been polite and respectful, too.

Feels bad man.

I was talking about dark period before harvest ....wasn't giving you or anyone a ribbing or pisstake .just talking of my own experience .

Puzzled how anything I said could make you feel bad

every single person here who is considered an educated grower through many years of expieriece would have washed there buds at some point if not many many times for many different reasons and usually out of necessity...

I can honestly say I have never washed a bud in my life.  Perhaps I am not well educated lol

• Upvote 1

I not educated either billy , never washed a bud , that’s what the rains for?

Personally I’m I don’t want any water on or around my buds 2 weeks b4 harvest n definitely never when they r out of the ground will water come near them

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Yeah after hearing the advice from you guys, will give it a miss. Just wanted to enjoy a bit of conversation. I wasn't saying I knew everything and you guys knew nothing. Quite a few times, I have even said I appreciate your advice and experience. Sorry if that was miscommunicated. Just wanted to discuss the method, wasn't saying it was the be all and end all.

After this conversation, my buds are already hanging and drying with no added wash between harvest and hanging.

It has been very dry and we've had periods of high winds the last few weeks where my plant has been, here and where it was before. There's quite a bit of dust of them. Not to mention that because it's in a pot, I tried to keep my plant undercover while in later stages of flower, with what little bunches of torrential rain we did have, to reduce my chance of bud rot and mildew.

Once again, was just having a discussion, not trying to act like I knew better.

Edited by evatil

I was talking about dark period before harvest ....wasn't giving you or anyone a ribbing or pisstake .just talking of my own experience .

Puzzled how anything I said could make you feel bad

My mistake SE, I misunderstood your post content but there were no bad feelings coming from your post to me. I apologize for any misunderstanding, mate. Edited by evatil
  • Upvote 1

I guess it may be a practice that should only be considered in exceptional circumstances where environment and growing season has been less than ideal. Even then, it might be a better idea to just give a bit of a light mist spray while buds are still on the plant, 2 weeks before intending on harvesting -- perhaps even just every 3 weeks before the final 2 weeks just to eliminate the dusty build up when rain has been scarce. Would limit the need to remove dust with a fine, light spray coming into the final two weeks and growers that aren't privy to locations that would be ideal for eliminating dust build up.

If you're in pots you'd have the better flexibility of just putting your pots out in the rain for a small amount of time if there is any in the lead up to the final two weeks, and then limit the amount of water getting to the buds. You don't have to worry about any chlorine in the water going into your buds then if you're on town water.

I think that would work better for the conditions I'm concerned with. We've just had an exceptionally dry winter and summer where I am. My buds are probably dirtier than the average because of environmental factors.

Just my thoughts.