Led grow lights

Rom u have it around 60cm away mate led's are intense but they are not hot maybe what fried yours is lack of ventilation perhaps?

I thought that but moved the light away to 1 meter and they are much better.

Rom u have it around 60cm away mate led's are intense but they are not hot maybe what fried yours is lack of ventilation perhaps?

I thought that but moved the light away to 1 meter and th

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey Freddie. Can you please give me some info. What height do you have your 700w Mars at for seedling and also veg and flower please. I followed spec and it fried mine a bit

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I haven't grown seedlings under the mars, just small plants and larger ones. I have had them usually about 45 cm but I have to stress that they grew into that, one tallish sativa has tops that are about 30cm but the bulk of the plant is well below. Normally 60cm would be good to start but I think they would be fine at as much as 90, not tried that though. Once they get used to it you can play around a bit. I haven't yet burnt a plant by having it too close but I think I have stressed a plant doing that. I do think the plants tolerate closer distance if you allow the plant to grow into it and get used to the light over time. 

My suggestion for seedlings would be to start at a greater distance. If the seedlings are stretching that will tell they need to be closer, if they are going well, leave them.

The 700 Mars is a decent light for the price.

• Upvote 1

I never actually thought any of the Mars led's would actually burn a plant but if u look closely at my Mars Flowering thread my mate ran out of head room and the plants grew up really close to the led's and it actually burnt them but he didn't have the best of ventilation, a couple 12cm Sunon fans and a 150mm mixed flow added later in the grow

We used a few some is suppose you would say no name, grow lush 400, 600,1000w, black dog 600, boasted,600,400w, marinetech, gr6 and a gr4 , viparspectrum, 600 and 400 and some 1000w no unbranded ones.

We actually spent a fn lot of money on leds due to a situation that would have been better if avoided, we were growing at a place where the owner informed us he was going to pull the pin on it unless we switched to keep costs down so To keep it easy we did it, plus he raved on and on about how good they were despite never using one. At the end of the day it was a mistake and an expensive one, in hind sigh should have let him pull the pin as we moved any way.

In the end the only thing it was good for was to test them with mh and hPs lights side by side. And don't get me wrong, the better more expensive ones such as the black dog and marine tech did well actually they all do well in veg stage but don't get near the same results in flower stage, there is no other way to say it that's just how it is. I'd like to have say 5 black dog phytomax 1000s and give that a go but that's not gona happen any time soon [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners mobile app

Be worth giving the Spider COB a try. Recentl trials Black Dog (800w) vs Spider 4+ (400w) turns out Spider only yielded 2g less than the BD, the BD was double the watts and 4 times the cost. Imagine what the Spider would do if it's a watt for watt, put the S16 against the BD 800w it would smash it [emoji1591]

Guys,sorry for dropping in,been following you through entire thread and really sounds like you understand LED'S. Could you please provide me with some knowledge on growfresh spider cob 400w led. I've searched up and down,in & out,and keep getting differing info. Just spent $480 on one and don't know whether to be happy or spent it on schappel corby's defence. Please help.

Photos of grows on Instagram by smashly19799ca758f3516616c6eec0d9d228c33738.png

https://instagram.com/p/BRSMF-lgM4a/

Well hello porcha,you have been a busy little monkey finding those stats,there might be abit of light at end of tunnel for 'ol spider cob.People gave me a 

bit of a hard time about the Epistar drivers in cobs,but since found out that some Mars Hydro ii's even run same ones.

Even though mine only pulls 200 act watts from wall,i've still had to raise from canopy from initial 30cms to 55cms due to light burn and that was 3x3.

You can swap cobs out to 200w each,800w total,but when your runnin 4 plants no need to, One other thing,abs no heat from spidercob,just two 12in fans

circulating air flow and a open window. 34 days now not a temp over 28.5 and RH's between 48%-63%

A few haters bummed me out to start with but slowly gaining confidence with it. People like you take the edge off paying $480

Well hello porcha,you have been a busy little monkey finding those stats,there might be abit of light at end of tunnel for 'ol spider cob.People gave me a

bit of a hard time about the Epistar drivers in cobs,but since found out that some Mars Hydro ii's even run same ones.

Even though mine only pulls 200 act watts from wall,i've still had to raise from canopy from initial 30cms to 55cms due to light burn and that was 3x3.

You can swap cobs out to 200w each,800w total,but when your runnin 4 plants no need to, One other thing,abs no heat from spidercob,just two 12in fans

circulating air flow and a open window. 34 days now not a temp over 28.5 and RH's between 48%-63%

A few haters bummed me out to start with but slowly gaining confidence with it. People like you take the edge off paying $480

Well hello bob lol let me read ur novel [emoji6]

Bob I don't grow green well not that type but my mates do and swear by them. 200w will still give you a nice size if you excel to 300w it matches a 600hps grow if u jump to 450w spider it matches 1000hps. My hubby old time indoor grower he's got a green thumb [emoji13]

My lights have been running for 2yrs oh n that's 24/7 as I've got a 40ft container set up for vegetables all year round. Never done a driver or cob but saying that they are replaceable parts non soldier.

If ur in bud have it close for deeper penetration if ur only in grow 55cm+ will be fine. I'll show u my grow room with veg and my lights are 1m+ off my plants n I'm using 50w and one room 200w n 50w lol